About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
This post was updated on .
So.

Am I the only one who wishes a female friend of mine could beat the crap out of that woman?  I -hate- censors like her.  I hate online moderators who think they are gods of their little domains.

I got banned for calling someone a retard.  Got a nice PM from Skybitch saying she was "gagging" me and to refrain from saying anything out of place anymore, or she'd "gag" me for much longer.  I replied she could go choke on something and gag herself, instead.

Guess what?  That's right, perma-banned.  For something said in a PM.  So bitches like that can step all over my freedom of speech?  Really makes me wish some big chick would kick her in the ovaries.  The thought of that bitch reproducing is very very scary.

So, that was my angry rant about that sorry excuse for a woman.  I always felt Gateworld censored way too much, and I inquired with the Electronic Frontier Foundation about this, but meh.  I guess Hitlers like her will be allowed to "gag" people who say anything she doesn't like, or who challenge her little rule.

So if you read this, Skydiver, kindly go fuck yourself.  I'm going to a few conventions in the future and I hope to meet you someday, so I can tell you face to face what I think of you, in front of everyone.  You can try to gag me, then.  Good luck with that, you psychotic control freak.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Mitchelluva
Welcome dude, BJS called us retards once

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
Thanks. =)

I usually don't get this mad, but I hate being censored.  I always let people tell me what they think or feel, that I disagree with it or not.  I think it's important to be able to express yourself.  We can do it freely in real life, so why shouldn't we be able to do it on a US-based website?

And well, considering the name of this site, we can kind of see why the actors would dislike it. :P  If Gateworld weren't such Nazis, then this place may not have become necessary.  I am glad there's a place where I can come to, where people can voice their honest opinions.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Aragon101
I've never had an issue with her. Some of the other mods, yes. But Skydiver has never been the one to mod me for anything but an actual good reason. I actually think she's stuck between a rock and a hard place because she doesn't like SGU, yet she's a mod for Gateworld which itself has strict policies about it.

Some of the other mods, yes, i do not like one bit. But Sky has always been fair to me and from what i've seen quite fair to others as well.

GW isn't SGUSucks, i know that this place is uncensored and i can say whatever the fuck i want and sprinkle any amounts of shit i want at whomever i want. I often compare Mallozzi's writing to a colonoscopy as some can tell you

But GW does say that it's meant to be a PG forum and that members are not supposed to insult other members. calling someone a retard might be a fair use of your free speech and it may even be deserved, but since you agreed to follow their rules...

Private or not, insulting a mod doesn't have anything to do with free speech. She doesn't have to put up with yo uinsulting her nor is there anywhere that says she has to. If you're willing to do it to her, i'm not surprised that she figured you'd be willing to do it to anyone and as such, permabanned you.

I'm not agreeing with GW's policies because often times they'll selectively choose what to mod or not and leave SGU looking like some pope's fart, but i do think Sky is better than that and is just in a hard position.
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel wrote
Thanks. =)

I usually don't get this mad, but I hate being censored.  I always let people tell me what they think or feel, that I disagree with it or not.  I think it's important to be able to express yourself.  We can do it freely in real life, so why shouldn't we be able to do it on a US-based website?

And well, considering the name of this site, we can kind of see why the actors would dislike it. :P  If Gateworld weren't such Nazis, then this place may not have become necessary.  I am glad there's a place where I can come to, where people can voice their honest opinions.
Welcome to MY world!! I am STILL banned from the SGU threads because I hate the freakin' damn show! Going on 8 months...boy that six month ban is sure long lasting! so we regularly give gw & mods what for here where they have no control hell we are even famous...they always delete any reference another fan makes to the sgusucks site. stupid arses.

with your nick am I right in assuming you are a Asimov fan?<

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
Your assumption would be correct.  :)  He's my favorite writer, I read about 50 of his books (I don't think I'll live long enough to read all of his work, which is like 500+ books on about every subjects related to science).  And Demerzel/Da'neel was always my favorite character along with the Terminus mayors of the original trilogy.  I'm in fact re-reading it these days.

And while I don't mind SGU mostly because it's the only sci-fi show on the air and because I need my Stargate fix somehow, I can say that the show has huge flaws.  While I like Young because we share some personality traits, I don't -like- any of the characters.  But I got annoyed with SGU sometimes and stuck with it, hoping it would get better.  It was never perfect, but then again, what show is?  BSG is as close as it got, and even that show had its weak points.

But the point is that I want to be able to discuss the show as I wish, and not have to sugarcoat everything I say.  I very rarely call people names, and even more rarely or never get so angry that I will verbally abuse a woman like I have done in my original post here.  But some little online prissy queen telling me she's gagging me?  GRRRRR.  :P

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
Aragon101,

You have very valid points.  I didn't actually call someone a retard directly.  His name was Kaiphantom, and I replied to him as "Kairetard".  As for what I told Skydiver, she threatened to "gag" me.  I simply told her to go gag herself.  Most people would laugh at that, it's not like it was some uber-sophisticated insult I came up with or something.  To permanently ban me for something nobody has seen, is proof that she is power-tripping and doing it strictly for her own ego.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Aragon101
To use an analogy, would you as a prisoner tell a guard to cuff himself?

Agreeing to post on a forum - even this one - does come with some agreements.

I detest GW's censorship, it's what drove me here. I stay because it's much more stimulating to discuss something without the threat of a gag.

My posts were always deleted but i've never been 'gagged' as in put on moderation. I HAVE self moderated because i know that GW has issues with some of the things i may say and i've had to stealth!snark. I lost essays worth of material on GW due to censorship and i'll never get that back :p

calling someone a retard, especially because you transformed it into their name, doesn't exactly speak well of the conversation at hand. It's a pejarative that's offensive to people with mental retardation and the many people who defend their 'rights'.

I use the word retard myself. But i don't use it somewhere where i've been asked not to use it because i know it's a charged word.

"Go gag yourself' doesn't sound like a joke to me, and Sky likely took it as you flying off the handle. It's precedent for how you'd act on the forum which has clearly stated that insulting someone like that is against teh rules. My issues with censorship on GW are about ideas and criticisms, but even I get annoyed with the SGU IS CRAP!!!! posts that don't go into detail.

A friend of mine was recently gagged on GW by Sky herself, but he more than acknowledges he deserved hit. He's much like you and doesn't censor himself and it gets him into trouble. He's talked with Sky and she's been MORE than fair to him since she's banned him before when he was just trolling.

That's why i'm actually meeting this point. Calling someone a retard IS a part of free speech, but you did it in a place that had an addendum to free speech. That addendum is much much looser here, but there are still things i can't say on SGUSucks that would be considered free speech. It's at the welcome page to the start of the forum ffs.
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
I hate to say it, but you're entirely right.  I really hate having to admit it.  But I also know that I will not swallow my pride and apologize or talk to her.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

TX
I am still annoyed, that Skydiver shut down the huge ratings thread at Gateworld. Although there is now another ratings thread (the one with the Warehouse ratings comparison).

And in other threads she all the time warns people that they are off topic, even if that isn't really the case. It is barely possible anymore, to say your opinion. It seems a lot of comments are for Skydiver

- insulting to another member
- insulting towards SGU
- off topic

If a thread have a heated debate, it often also disappears. I hate all those censorship. Gateworld has a lot of members, but for that hunge amount of members, the activity is kind of low on that site. NO WONDER!

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
Yeah, I agree.  I see the Gateworld moderators the way I see the Chinese government.  Say something they don't like, they shoot you down.  I always felt she was power-tripping, which makes me guess that her little online domain is where she can actually have control and that she lacks such a thing in real life.  A lot of people who are that way online, do so because they are unable to have any control or influence over people in their real lives.  Again, only a guess.

The other very real possibility is that they want to suck up to TPTB.  That's sort of why I'd love to ask why they are such censors, if I ever met Darren or Skydiver in a convention.  They can simply ban you on their site if you do something they don't like.  Face to face, they couldn't exactly do that.  In that particular case, freedom of speech would apply, unlike online.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Maybe she should get hold of that big dildo that Stoneless had and take out her frustrations on that

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Rac80
knowing her she'd try to attach it to herself!

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Only because it is bigger that her own cock

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
You guys crack me up. :P  It's nice to be able to say anything we want, for once.  I always had to edit my posts on Gateworld because I knew I was either too abrasive or too brutally honest.  And well let's face it, being politically correct is oh so boring most of the times. >.>

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Re: About Gateworld's Skydiver.

Demerzel
If you say so!  I'm always up for good debates and stuff. :P  It's always easier when you can discuss stuff with people without being afraid of being honest.