Attack of the Mallozzi

Atlantis4Life
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/12/14/december-14-2009-the-misenchanted-sword-by-lawrence-watt-evans-and-oh-yeah-we-were-picked-up-for-a-second-season-also-some-mailbag/

Quote from Joseph Mallozzi:

"Ah, you’ve heard I see.  Yes, it’s official.  Stargate: Universe has been picked up for a second season.  And do you know what this means?  Yes, that’s right.  I have to finish that script.  My favorite response to the announcement comes from the comments section of Robert Seidman’s TVbytheNumbers’ piece (http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/13/stargate-sgu-renewed-sanctuary-too/36110) where someone called hdtv1 writes: “This crap must be cancelled.  sgu writer’s are idoit.”  Well said, sir."

Heeee's Baaaaack!   I smell a possible rant coming.   At least we know he's getting the message.

Re: Attack of the Mallozzi

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: Attack of the Mallozzi

alien0-2

Re: Attack of the Mallozzi

Atlantis4Life
More from Mr. Mallozzi:

"Right.  So I’m in the office today, pacing about as I’m talking on my cell phone, when I notice that one of the Spiderman Supervillain busts sitting by the window isn’t facing forward.  For some reason, The Lizard has been turned away to face the wall.  What gives?  I turn turn it around to face front and only then do I realize why it was facing back – “someone” chipped off the tip of his tongue and somehow assumed they could cover their tracks by delaying its discovery.  Of course, there’s no doubt as to the “someone” responsible.  It was the same “someone” who broke the crystal skull prop sitting in Paul’s office and then set it back on its pedestal as if nothing was amiss.  The same person who broke Carl’s favorite humpy dog memory stick!  The same same “someone” who broke a glass in Lawren’s office and sought to cover it up by throwing it away in the garbage can at the far end of the hall.  No, I’m not referring to those wild gals in accounting.  I’m talking about the hands-of-stone Bridge Studios cleaning crew.  I mean, come on.  If you break something, at the very least leave a post-it of apology.  Not these oafs.  Not only are they incredibly clumsy, but they’re dishonest to boot.  And, judging by the half-ass manner in which they sought to hide their incompetence, you can feel free to add moronic to the list."

It could be that the cleaning staff are "old" stargate fans that are pissed off about SGU, and this is their way of getting back.  Just a thought here folks, just a thought.

And why is his answer to everything making fun of someone on his blog?  What gives?

Re: Attack of the Mallozzi

Woes of the Mallozzi - Another Update:

Just read Mallozzi's blog again, and here's what he has to say today that caught my attention:

"I just did an impromptu liquor cabinet count.  90+ bottles ranging from cloying root beer schnapps to throat-stripping grappa!  Mighty impressive for someone who isn’t much of a drinker.  A potential new hobby?"

If he's asking if he should take up drinking, I would.  I know he has to keep up a “happy face” but it’s really got to suck to have to work on that show.  If I were desperate for money I’d do it, but I wouldn’t have much left in the way of dignity or self-respect in the morning.  So yeah, I’d drink my way through it.

Here's his answer to a fan asking if he's had enough and wants to leave:

"Bailey writes: “Reading about your script woes and post-Japan ennui makes me wonder if you’d just like to chuck it all and head out on a jet plane somewhere to live a new life – mysterious recluse or international playboy?”

Answer: Uh, if I had a choice I’d go with B.  Do you have a jet I could borrow?"

I know Joe, I know...If I were you I'd be looking/hoping for a way out too.  But at least you've got that liquor supply to put to good use.

I bet Atlantis looks pretty good now to TPTB that rushed it to a premature ending.  Karma's a bummer!
                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!