Back here again

Re: Back here again

definitely EPIC!!! shall we steal the motto from galaxy quest..."Never give up... and never surrender."

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Aragon101
As someone who wasn't here during the whole crazy thing going on, i went something like after the first forum went down and i went from poster to lurker again.

1.) WTF? Overmind left? That's BS. WTF is going on?
2.) Mid-life crisis? They guy was talking about overcoming depression and being the best he's ever been! Something shitty is going down.
3.) WTF is going on? A new site... Okay... let's see (registers)
4.) LMAO! Someone impersonated Overmind!? HAHAHAHA! Wow. Talk about butthurt!
5.) *clicks SGU*S forum* WTF? GoDaddy? AGAIN!?
6.) *Registers here, reads a few screen shots of emails* HAHAHAHAHA! Holy shit! This is better drama than SGU! I KNEW Overmind wouldn't give up like that. That was complete BULLSHIT!

In the end, i just have to laugh because what kind of fucked up show is SGU to create a level of drama in its fans and detractors taht it actually is much more entertaining than teh show itself!?

Oh man. Overmind, count me on your side, because realistically i never left it
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Back here again

Atlantis4Life
EXACTLY!!!!

It's like I said in the phpBB forum when Overmind told me that the email was fake!!  I was so upset because I knew what it was like to have someone try to impersonate me.  And, the funny thing was that all of the emails were trying to get us to either hate each other or forget about each other.  Crazy!!!

Someone (or more than one) worked really hard to create a bunch of drama over the past week, and I'm just ready for it to be over with.  If I were into this kind of drama, then I'd watch Desperate Housewives instead of SGA/SG-1.  LOL

Re: Back here again

Aragon101
Like... you and i have had chats off the forum. the whole thread on IQ and Food and Depression let me know Overmind so i KNEW somethign shitty was going down. I've been busy as fuck lately with my ff series and starting my first attempt at a real published novel so i've been lurking at the most.

Now i read all this shit and i have to laugh. When Overmind gets his new forum up you can bet i'll be there :D i'll even link it from my ff wiki page :)

I just find it so hilarious that people are getting so butthurt over SGU*S as to do shit like this. hahahaha those emails were priceless!
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Aragon101
Actually once you guys get the new forum up and running again, i've decided (And actually did it) to link it to my fanfic series Wiki :P Its on the main page on the bottom :) Feel free to add me as a partner as everyone and their mother's who know me knows i detest SGU LOL

Here's teh wiki and specific link :)

i really need to update it with the latest episodes :|

http://sg-darkfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Stargate:_Dark_Frontier_Wiki#Why.3F

*pumps fist* Go SGU*S!
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Back here again

Leo(T.C.K.)
I think Adam was maybe just confused by Victor's lies, who knows. But I waited with registering at the new SGU sucks forums, because I waited for you to show up Overmind, but I got convinced eventually by someone to try to join. And it was hard for me to beleive all that as well...

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

TelepathicPebble
I always thought Victor sounded like a backstabber's name. Goodness, I'm glad this drama is over. Too many fucking fucked up cowards try to attack this site. Hinman, Mallozi, etc. and now Victor! Damn. At least this isn't like the Hinman incident--because after he wrote that nasty article he came over to these forums and harassed people for days. It was creepy.
Rotating Signature

Re: Back here again

Atlantis4Life
TelepathicPebble wrote
 At least this isn't like the Hinman incident--because after he wrote that nasty article he came over to these forums and harassed people for days. It was creepy.
Oh...   You spoke too soon...  I'll post about it later.

Cheers, buddy!!!

Re: Back here again

TelepathicPebble
Atlantis4Life wrote
Oh...   You spoke too soon...  I'll post about it later.

Cheers, buddy!!!
Shit you mean I jinxed it?!
Rotating Signature

Re: Back here again

Atlantis4Life
TelepathicPebble wrote
Atlantis4Life wrote
Oh...   You spoke too soon...  I'll post about it later.

Cheers, buddy!!!
Shit you mean I jinxed it?!

No, not you buddy.  I'm just saying that the "hinman" way was already in effect...

Re: Back here again

Vanb
Overmind One wrote
BIG FAT BRO HUG!!!!!

Is just about EVERYBODY clueless except the faithful few? We have been able to preserve the posts from the PHPBB forums, your usernames and passwords and we have PROOF that Victor was a sleazy lying ass who tried to steal the site away from the owner (not me).

He sent emails and made up some bullshit explanation about telnet to the server...BULLSHIT. I have cold hard proof that he sent them and also that he altered reviews, posts, deleted a few, and to top it off, when I came back he shit himself. He thought I was never coming back so he forged that email and sent it using the same email site he used to send the others. WE HAVE PROOF. He banned me right away, and so I registered an Overmind Two account, which he banned as well, I tried an Overmind Three, but he then banned Atlantis4Life, me and the Webmaster himself...by IP address! Then he shut the forums down and trued to destroy the database...but I got it before he could do that. LOL.

Things are not AT ALL as Victor made them seem. I have explanations for my absense and the old forums database and will answer all questions related to that. But rest assured, this will all come out in the open.
Okay.  That's the first thing that anyone has said that makes all of this murky mess a bit more clear to me.  Conspiracy theories come and go, but human greed is forever.  That is something that I understand.  I don't know if anyone can say for certain that Victor threw in with TPTB, but regardless, it definitely looks as though he went for a land, or in this case website, grab.  It appears that he saw all the confusion caused by your unfortunate situation and decided to work that to his advantage by trying to take over something that wasn't his, probably with the added venom that he had with not having been allowed into the big boys' clubhouse (administrator's lounge) earlier back.

IIRC, before all of this craziness started happening, there was talk of how much SGU*Sucks might eventually be worth sometime down the road.  None of it was serious talk, mostly conjecture, but there were comparisons to Gateworld in that that site seems to be making at least some amount of income (even if only secondary income) for its owner.  At that time, traffic to SGU*S was consistently on the upswing.  Then the break-in happened.  I don't actually think that Victor had anything to do with that, and from what you've already posted, you don't either.  However, Greed+Jealousy+Opportunity...Isn't this typically the equation for betrayal?  He didn't have to be involved with the break-in to try to benefit from it anyway.  I'm just talkin' here, but that's what all of this seems like to me.  AdamTM apparently bought into what Victor was saying.  Maybe he was promised a cut if he backed Victor's play, maybe not.  Maybe he honestly got confused and turned around and is simply the type of person to become overzealous about something regardless of the direction in which he's headed.  I don't know, and it will certainly be interesting to find out more details as you share what you've learned.

See, I don't know if you read my post from when you first came back, but in it I showed you the look that I had on my face throughout the whole mess while you were gone.   All this drama is exactly why I choose to mostly keep my mouth shut when I get that look.  In my experience, nothing good follows when I get that look.

I'm so glad that you guys seem to be getting back on track again.  If I haven't said it yet, I'll say it now.  Thanks, Overmind for coming back even after everything that happened to you.  I read your post detailing what happened.  That's insanely traumatic, and for you to not only come back while dealing with that but also to put so much time and effort into trying to get this site back on its feet...well, it's beyond commendable.  It shows the level of dedication and loyalty that you have toward this site and toward those who you consider your friends.  Yaaaay, you!   And Yaaay to the webmaster for holding all this together in the midst of the storm!

I don't know what the head count will look like once the new site is up, but you can rest assured that I'll be there.  Honestly, I believe that this will all eventually work out.  The sheer breadth and depth of SGU suckiness is sure to call out like a siren's song to those who may have fallen by the wayside. Oh, they'll be back, not to mention the hoards that are sure to follow once season 2 starts in the fall.  Shore up your infrastructure, but good, 'cause the stampede is a comin'.

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Vanb
Dude!  How fast do you read?  I just posted that! LOL!  It's good to have you back, Overmind.  And Woohoo!  A new home!

Re: Back here again

Deity
Hi Overmind

I am a bit confused about your claims as to what this ip address is (67.11.210.7
).  Doing an Ip lookup this addy clearly belongs to Road Runner.

NetRange:       67.8.0.0 - 67.11.255.255
CIDR:           67.8.0.0/14
OriginAS:
NetName:        RR-SOUTHEAST-BLK2
NetHandle:      NET-67-8-0-0-1
Parent:         NET-67-0-0-0-0
NetType:        Direct Allocation
NameServer:     DNS1.RR.COM
NameServer:     DNS2.RR.COM
NameServer:     DNS3.RR.COM
NameServer:     DNS4.RR.COM
Comment:        ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate:        2001-08-14
Updated:        2003-01-31
Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-67-8-0-0-1

OrgName:        Road Runner HoldCo LLC
OrgId:          RRSW
Address:        13241 Woodland Park Road
City:           Herndon
StateProv:      VA
PostalCode:     20171
Country:        US
RegDate:
Updated:        2006-03-27

You seem to be saying it is a part of The planet, but according to your own trace the computer you ran the trace on is directly connected to the planet and the trace then gets lost.  So what EXACTLY is your claim about this address?

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again