Back here again

Re: Back here again

TelepathicPebble
Whatever video people prefer is good.
Rotating Signature

Re: Back here again

Deity
Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
I'm not sure mate, I can't see any posts on this nabble forum that would indicate that, but there may have been some on the short-lived forum which is no more (thank you Victor).
Sorry Robbie,  I am not really mad at you.  I just used you as a convenient straight man so I could make a sneaky, clever, and underhanded joke about Brian J. Smith(BJS) and his mother.  Or so I thought.  I put the P.S. in there so people would understand I was kidding.  So how did you miss the whole story line where the fans and BJS were having a back and forth and his mom got involved and told us to stop picking on him?

Re: Back here again

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
That's ok bud no harm done.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Back here again

P. J.
Alright, I already said my good byes, but new facts emerged. I was contacted by Victor, and he explained many things; he provided facts which verify my initial conclusion: this whole mess is just a big misunderstanding and both sides unnecessarily escalated the conflict. Although I replied to him I quit SGU°S and don't want to participate in any way, I've been thinking for a while and my value system (questioned by certain fools) doesn't allow me to be quiet. I don't want to be mediator or middleman here, but sometimes the work must be done no matter how one likes it. So I'll just post this with hopes that this is the only and the last thing I have to post here. I do that just because I want you to question everything, to show you that things aren't always as they seem and people often yield to (often self-inflicted) illusions.

1. Claims about Victor altering reviews.
As you all know, Victor was busy days and nights working on the new forum. He has been trying to salvage everything possible from both old forums. In the case of the newer one (vBulletin), it means searching through what Google cached. In the case of the review Overmind has been crying so much about, Victor found only the text quoted in reply – he found this:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:W5XX1MBMi_0J:forums.sgusucks.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D155%26page%3D3+site:forums.sgusucks.com+recap+and+review+subversion&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This is what he posted at forums, exactly what he found:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:57xnQ3V3qWQJ:forums.sgusucks.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D7%26t%3D33+site:forums.sgusucks.com+recap+and+review+subversion+review&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

You know, he was overworked and was in a hurry, so he didn't realize Loheat's comments in the body of text in blue color (many people use all kinds of ridiculous formatting) weren't a part of the review – he didn't read it. To quote him (from mail he send me today):

"In this particular case, I wasn't aware of the fact that the blue lines in the original (quoted) review were added by another user. Sure, it was rather laziness on my side not to read the entire review but as excuse I have to say: Before I digged out this review, I had digged out another review from Overmind. In that one, Overmind had highlighted entire paragraphs in green on purpose, so, I simply thought that that was the case here too."

"If anything, Overmind (or any other user for that matter) could have told me that there was something wrong with that review, I would have corrected it at any time. Instead, it had been used to file a complot against me. Still, I surely will take the blame for that this review in question was no longer the 'original'. I should have read it once more before posting."

There goes your misguided claim "Victor altered reviews, he works for TPTB, OMG!!11one!!". If you just tried to think with your heads and asked him about it... This proves there are holes in some your claims about Victor, and thus it implies that there may be holes in your other claims about him also.

2. Claims about Victor trying to take over the forum.
I'll just quote Victor:
"I also heard that those people now claim that I tried to take over the site. Now, why would I do that? I could have set up a website at any time by myself and advertise it in the Nabble forums – I am sure I would have gotten many members by simply adding a link to my signature there."

"I asked A4L if the SGU_Sucks_Webmaster owns that domain and if he would be able to either transfer it to the new web hosting company or at least update the DNS. I even came up with an alternative solution in case the webmaster wouldn't be able to do either one: I said that we could get a 2 nd domain name for the forums, for example sgusucks.net if there would be no other way to point the existing domain to the new new forums."

This is a case of communication breakdown, of misunderstanding. And of paranoia.

So, this is my suggestion to both sides:
If you don't stop and think (with your heads!), if you don't sit at the mediator's table (with your butts!) and listen for a fucking while (with your ears!), then you are dumb fucking fools and be damned to hell. However, I'm faithful any of you don't want these insults to be proven true.

I'm not saying I will conduct any kind of fucking negotiations, I've got my life. I'm just proposing that you admins (I mean the more reasonable ones) try to contact Victor or allow him to defend his actions somehow. Let both sides present their facts, ask why all people did this and that, and set all the smallest details straight. Both sides should listen, and both sides should be prepared to acknowledge their faults, misconducts, hasty emotional actions, you name it.

Listen people. This is important. Clearing these things up can show others (who probably squee with delight and piss their pants with laughter about you sorry existences and SGU°S breakdown) that there never was any ill will at SGU°S, that you are not like people on SGU, on Gateworld. That you are not like TPTB, don't blame madly and blindly, that you are reasonable.
That you are objective.
That you can get along.
That characters in SGU really are not like real people, like you.

Try to find the real truth or be misguided fools forever.

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

STCLARE
I want to get back to hating SGU

Hey I never stopped

Re: Back here again

Overmind One wrote
Okay, I read the cached copy of the review...but that still doesnt explain the meltdown when I came back. And then the BANNING of not only me, but Atlantis4Life AND the Webmaster, changing the server password and locking the Webmaster out of his forums...yes, Victor paid for them but he should have immediately GIVEN the space to the Webmaster/Owner. Thats what I did, I have purchased two similar domains, costing several times the amount Victor spent on the hosting space, and GAVE them to the Webmaster free of charge, no strings attached. Ask him. I gave the hosting space to SGU°S for free, and will continue to do so...no strings attached.

And my skills which Victor challenged...LOL. They speak for themselves. Wait until you see the new forums.

Im really done with this whole issue, though. I want to get back to hating SGU.
I must heartily agree with the last line.  I simply want us as a group to put everything behind us and move on, dwelling on it can only cause more hard feelings and frustration. But that is merely my opinion and fear.  we MUST move foreward for the second season of SGPOO is on the way....

Re: Back here again

(I apologize humbly if someone else wrote a response right after reading OM1's response. I had to jump in without reading the rest of the responses b4 I lost my track of thought..)
Overmind One wrote
 Adam attempted to force us to remove the banner he made and threatened copyright infringement if we didn’t remove it.
Whoa!! WTF??? It was a contest for the banner. In all legalities..
"TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of our awesome website, without any compensation to you; (2) We may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way, including feeding it to our dog, or wiping our collective asses with it..(Okay I paraphrased the boilerplate)"

Again.. WTF?? You can't go around and create a banner for Someone else’s registered property, willingly hand it over to the site and say use it, and then have fucking cow, and demand it be taken down. For the third time.. WTF??? We should be suing HIS fucking ass for screwing with our site's (okay, generalizing on "our", apologies to the actual owner) Awesome name in the form of putting it in a banner that offended our eyes.. (we did like it before, but we are now having cows too.. )

Who's with me to give AdamTM a giant Razz, and a giant middle finger?
/rant

Re: Back here again

Rac80
I really can't say enough how I miss the rants/goofs/ and just plain crazy shit US0 and the pig come up with!!! you guys are great!

Re: Back here again

Wow.  I really want to put this behind me, and this is the last time I'm going to respond to this situation.

Think about it, P.J.  When Victor posted his long missive in the phpBB forum, one of the first things he did was to make sure that I couldn't login and publicly "ask him about it."  I had to register using a proxy to get in, and when I did "ask him" to point out where I ever lied to him, not only did he not reply, but he deleted the post where I "asked him" that...  He even attacked piginpoo by locking him out of the forums because Pig began to point out where Victor was lying.  Victor then changed new registration over to where he personally had to "approve" of any new registered user before their account became active to make sure that I couldn't login using a proxy to "ask him" about his long diatribe. He also never responded to the email I sent him "asking" him that same question.  These are facts, not paranoia.

Now, does that sound like someone who's willing to rationally talk about things to you?  If it does, then you're in the minority, I'm sorry to say...   I'm very good at responding/communicating to others, and that's provable.  Even Victor can't deny that.  Anytime he had a question, concern, idea, or just wanted to send a message, I always responded.

And I would never behave in the same way towards him that he did towards me.  Again, I never did anything wrong, and Victor knows this.  P.J., please don't be taken for a fool.

You can tell from the email that I posted that the whole "sgusucks.net" thing was his attempt to start a new website away from this one and its webmaster and Overmind.  So, that whole part about why didn't he just create a new website on his own thing was exactly what he was trying to do when he initially contacted me.  He can still do that now on his own, mind you.  However, he initially pitched that new website idea to me as an alternative to sgusucks.com. He only changed his tune about it, like I said, when I told him that I wasn't going to leave with him, and that if he wanted to help, then he could help with this site and to include the webmaster and Overmind.  I have no reason or need to lie about that, plus I've proven it.

As I've said before, in spite of their efforts, I don't hate Adam or Victor.  I wish them the best.  It just didn't work out when we tried to incorporate them into our team here.

I can appreciate your "plea," but it's really all for not.  Things are very clear for me, as they are for the rest of the SGUS team.  We are a strong team of 4 individuals that work well together.  There are no problems to resolve.  Again, things are very clear for us.  We've set up regularly scheduled chats for communication, as well as through other means.  We all give each other the space we need, but we respect each other's opinions and are "willing" to listen to each other even if we don't agree.  That makes for great teamwork that results in everyone being happy.  I never got there with Victor, even though I wanted to, because I always got the impression that he needed to be right.  When he says I "staged an argument," that's false.  My emails to him said that it was okay for us to disagree, that we could agree to disagree for the sake of harmony.  He wasn't interested, and kept on going...  That's why I kept telling him to work things out with the webmaster because I wasn't interested in an ongoing back-and-forth that wasn't very productive.

I was willing to accept whatever the Webmaster wanted to do because that's what a team is all about.  Everyone has a role, and the other members respect that role.  I was trying to get there with Victor, but that never happened, unfortunately.  Sadly, the webmaster decided that it wasn't meant to happen, and he let Victor know that.

By the way, we haven't used any of his work.  Actually, I and the other admins have been working to rebuild an improved version of the old vBulletin forum from scratch.  The only things that were kept were member profiles that the members themselves created so that everyone that registered at the phpBB forums doesn't have to register again, and threads that members started/posted on so that they don't have to restart them.

We don't need a mediator because there is nothing to mediate.  Victor and Adam have gone their separate ways, and we are going to be here for the looooooong haul.  LOL.  I am even going to be purchasing additional web hosting server space (for the site) so that we have an additional mirror back up of this new vBulletin forum just in case Overmind has any issues with his servers.  I'll also start doing back ups to help on that front as well.

So, again, there's nothing to work out.  We're pretty solid here, but I thank you for your concern.  Hopefully, you and Victor can let this incident go because we have.

The new forum will be up within the next day or so.  I can’t wait to get back to normalcy, and the fun of the forums!

Cheers.

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Overmind One wrote
 He also recently posted an Urban Dictionary entry in my name, but using Atlantis4Life as the author here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Overmind+One He claimed that somebody used telnet to send the false emails, but I discovered that tye had been sent by a fake emailer site here: http://emkei.cz/

Victor lied about what he had as "evidence". He convinced you and Adam that he was telling the truth, when we have proof that he was lying.
WTF!!!!!!?!??!??!??!??!??!?!?!?  I just read this!!!  I read P.J.'s new post today and responded to that without going any further.  OMG, how many imposters are there, and why do they like me so much???  First, someone registered as me in the 2nd VB forum, then there was the fake email that was sent in my name, NOW THIS??

This is crazy!  I rarely even go to Urbandictionary.com.  Most of the few times that I've gone there, it was because someone posted a link about an entry there.  Wow.  Someone really doesn't like that we're friends...

This makes me wonder what else is out there.

Is there a way to get that removed?

Re: Back here again

Must be an sgu lover because they do not know the difference between "their" and "there"

Re: Back here again

Re: Back here again

Atlantis4Life
"piginpoo wrote
Must be an sgu lover because they do not know the difference between "their" and "there"
I know; I noticed that too. I definitely wouldn't have done that for any kind of submission.  This is crazy.

Overmind One wrote
Atlantis4Life wrote
WTF!!!!!!?!??!??!??!??!??!?!?!?  I just read this!!!  I read P.J.'s new post today and responded to that without going any further.  OMG, how many imposters are there, and why do they like me so much???  First, someone registered as me in the 2nd VB forum, then there was the fake email that was sent in my name, NOW THIS??

This is crazy!  I rarely even go to Urbandictionary.com.  Most of the few times that I've gone there, it was because someone posted a link about an entry there.  Wow.  Someone really doesn't like that we're friends...

This makes me wonder what else is out there.
*bro hug*

LOL, do you think for a MINUTE that I thought it was you buddy? Of course not! I have a search bot I use to find stuff out there. But you can create a Google Alert to do the same thing.
Thanks for the hug.  Yeah, I'll have to get that google alert thing set up tonight.  Especially with people pulling these stunts along with faking our email addresses to send fake messages.  It's good that we both check things out before running with them.

Is there a way to get that removed?
Probably not...their approval process takes at least a month.
I just registered there to see about getting that removed because I don't like it.  When I put in my submission to get it removed, it said that someone had already suggested the removal.  So, I suppose that was you.  Hopefully, it does.