Banner

Okay here is the new banner. However I am having trouble getting it to fit right. So if there is anyone out there that is good at this kind of thing please feel free to help out. The banner needs to be 960px by 55px. It also needs www.sgusucks.com added somewhere on it. Help is appreciated.

Re: Banner

SexyDexy
Here is my attempt - it might be too busy to make a good banner. Perhaps instead of text, the excess space could be filled with head shots of the cast or something? And it might need a border?

Re: Banner

Gaaah, people, just let me finally arrive at work and ill fix it
i cant fix it on the buss >_<

Re: Banner

Fixed, btw, i can make it a bit less pixely if i can get a proper file with an alpha-channels and a link to the SGU font (which i cant be arsed to type into google atm :P)

Re: Banner

Re: Banner

Re: Banner

I really like your version.  And, I love the blue color, but it matches the color of the forum, and not the top of the page where the banner is going.  I tried to adjust the color to blend a bit more with where it's going.  But, either way works for me.

Re: Banner

Phasevariance
Very good ~

Re: Banner

Thanks, buddy. ~

Re: Banner

like i said, if i can get a PNG/PSD of the original file with an alpha channel i can make it a completely translucent PNG image that will let whatever background shine through. Then you can use it on both the forum and site.

Re: Banner

Atlantis4Life
The header doesn’t change with page you click on, so to save you work (if you want), one of these 2 colored versions can work.  But, the translucent/less pixely banner is a good idea too.  Spaceman XIII created the original file.

Re: Banner

The original logo uses the same light angle as Syfy's SGU logo so the light is not centered.

This is the same logo with the light source centered:

Re: Banner

Well he needs to come online and post the file then :P

Id rather make one with the alpha channel, if the site moves, or we want to change the colour scheme, its less work that way.

Also your fixed version has a bit of a color-leakage because you made it brighter.

I know, its the perfectionist in me talking, id rather have t done right once than done it halfassed twice (or more).

Re: Banner

SexyDexy
I like the version with the SGU*S centered better too , and the line in the background makes it look more polished and professional overall. Good job!

Re: Banner

Well, I knew we'd get this thing figured out as soon as it became a thread.  :P

I only made the picture brighter because I didn't like how bright it looked in the middle as opposed to the rest of the banner.  But, I like the centered light that Spaceman XIII just put up with the black background.  So, I hope if that's the original that he does post it and you use that one.  We are also doing something on Wordpress, etc., so the translucent background will work since you're willing to be a perfectionist for us.  :P

Thanks

Thanks to you SexyDexy for your efforts as well.

Re: Banner

well can i then interest you in a more DARK, GRITTY and REALISTIC banner?

Re: Banner

SexyDexy
@AdamTM - you were probably planning to do this anyway, but when you make the final version, I think it will look good if you add a little shadowing onto the letters of www.sgusucks.com and Stargate Universe Sucks, to give them a little depth. Something like:

That's the perfectionist in me talking now

It's looking really great, I'm excited. The concept is really awesome, thanks Spaceman XIII!

Re: Banner

SexyDexy
Lol, the dark, gritty one is funny too. Personally I like the previous one you did, but the gritty one is good too.

@Atlantis4Life - my pleasure, I love fiddling around in Photoshop.

Re: Banner

AdamTM wrote
well can i then interest you in a more DARK, GRITTY and REALISTIC banner?
LOL.  Now, you know how we feel about "dark, gritty, and realistic" around here. :P  But seriously, I think that if you stick with the wonderful idea that you initially had, along with the centered light (from Spaceman XIII), and a bit of shadowing for the letters (that SexyDexy displayed), then this will be great.  I love the teamwork that's taking place here.  And, thanks again for doing the translucent background.

@SexyDexy

That shadowing is great!  It does give the letters more depth.

Re: Banner

SexyDexy wrote
I like the version with the SGU*S centered better too , and the line in the background makes it look more polished and professional overall. Good job!
SexyDexy wrote
@AdamTM - you were probably planning to do this anyway, but when you make the final version, I think it will look good if you add a little shadowing onto the letters of www.sgusucks.com and Stargate Universe Sucks, to give them a little depth. Something like:

That's the perfectionist in me talking now

It's looking really great, I'm excited. The concept is really awesome, thanks Spaceman XIII!
You are welcome

The original font Syfy used for the SGU logo text is called Eurostile LT Extended #2, and can be downloaded here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/31021309/2bc6f5b/Eurostile_LT_Extended_2.ttf.html

Hope this can help satisfy you perfectionists, keep up the great work!
12