Brad Wright is at it again

Jim of WVa
Gateworld has a story about Brad Wright and MGM in talks about producing an SGU movie.  MGM would be fools to give that idiot any money after he destroyed their Stargate franchise.  Stargate could still be rebooted, but it needs to be done by someone other than Brad Wright.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/sgu-writers-hoping-for-movies/

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Firstly............... since when have we been believing anything GW have been saying?  & secondly, since when have we been even remotely bothered?
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Jim of WVa
Robbie,

The real reason I posted the story was that I got sick and tired of OM1 being the center of attention.

Robbie_Rocket_Pants wrote
Firstly............... since when have we been believing anything GW have been saying?  & secondly, since when have we been even remotely bothered?

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Debunker
Hey jim of wav. Do you mind if I post this on hulu? Just to see what happens there.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Jim of WVa
Don't mind at all.  The attention whoring picture is from a third party web site so go right a head.

Debunker wrote
Hey jim of wav. Do you mind if I post this on hulu? Just to see what happens there.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Jim of WVa wrote
Gateworld has a story about Brad Wright and MGM in talks about producing an SGU movie.  MGM would be fools to give that idiot any money after he destroyed their Stargate franchise.  Stargate could still be rebooted, but it needs to be done by someone other than Brad Wright.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2011/03/sgu-writers-hoping-for-movies/
To be fair to Brad Wright (Yeah, I know that is new coming from me! ), Gateworld is basing its latest article only on Mallozzi's vague recent words. He said already in December, that next week they will know more about the movie. He repeated the same procedure of making the SGU fans false hope a few times in January and February. This is simply him doing it again only in March.

I believe at this point in time, Wright also has stopped believing that he will be successful with a SGU movie. The last time we heard anything from him was in December. He may still fight for it, because SGU was his new baby, which died a very soon death, but he is also more of a business man than Mallozzi. He knows that a movie will get less and less probably the more time went by since the cancellation of the series.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Canceltheturkey
Bah .... who would get involved in such a POS. With that massive audience of millions of followers worldwide and a cast no one can stand what's the point?

The sets? What baloney. An Ikea store bedroom and some greenscreen area in Burnaby. Using set availability is stringing the few interested fans on the line. They won't get the money to film at the end of the bus route.

We've already written many endings for the show here at SGUºS. Just throw a 3 minute clip of the Wraith sucking them off with their handginas and throw it up on youtube and be done with it. Start with that irritating fat fuck wazzizname first for me.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Debunker
Thx. I posted this on hulu to see there reaction. My guess is one group will give me a serous rebuttal, 2nd group will accuse me of a being troll and 3rd group they will out right troll me.

http://www.hulu.com/stargate-universe?forums=1&post_id=1044010&topic_id=256120

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Debunker
Well it looks like I was right. I got some people talking about the post that are on topic and then there are trollers like 1st 2nd who think everyone who hates SGU is stupid.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Haha good point Chief.  Cool pic btw
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

SerenityS
From Blastr:

While Stargate Universe has been canceled by Syfy, Wright hopes after three series and an animated series, this won't be the end of all things Stargate. "There might be other possibilities out there, and maybe even a miniseries or movie. It's not necessarily the end of the world," he said. (he, referring to Brad Wright)

http://blastr.com/2011/03/go-behind-the-scenes-of-s.php

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Rac80
SerenityS wrote
From Blastr:

While Stargate Universe has been canceled by Syfy, Wright hopes after three series and an animated series, this won't be the end of all things Stargate. "There might be other possibilities out there, and maybe even a miniseries or movie. It's not necessarily the end of the world," he said. (he, referring to Brad Wright)

http://blastr.com/2011/03/go-behind-the-scenes-of-s.php
sounds like BW is sinking deeper into denial!

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

TX
Then, in "Alliances," the Lucian Alliance threat against Earth comes to a head, which leads to a Greer/Camile Wray story.
Having some "earth stories" in SG1 and SGA made sense. SG1 was playing mostly in the Milky Way Galaxy and SGA in a near galaxy. When I heard the premise of people stranded on a ship on the other side of the universe, I expected, that they were REALLY isolated from earth, that they have no contact with home. Instead of that they have an earth is getting threatened by aliens story. That is one of the most often repeated premise in science fiction series and movies. It is also something which we have seen tons of times on SG1 and even on SGA. With SGU's different story premise, it would have made really sense, if they wouldn't have done an earth is in danger story again. This is something, they REALLY should have done different than SG1/SGA.

'Hope' is a beautiful character story by Carl Binder, some of his best work. And we see what the repercussions are of not having a doctor and medical training. And it puts T.J. really in the forefront of things.
It was never a problem before, that she isn't a doctor and suddenly it is? I mean she has shown all kind of knowledge, which she shouldn't have in the past. And there are of course always the stones with which they can get a doctor. Unfortunately they won't throw them away. They still have them at least in "Seizure". They probably invent some stupid reason, why they can't use the stones to get a doctor in "Hope".

Re: Brad Wright is at it again

Jim of WVa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwGVDmEsi8A

SerenityS wrote