Brian J. Smith Interview

TX
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/07/leader-in-training/

He really can't stop attacking people, who don't like SGU.
I bet he will never learn to keep his mouth shut.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

STCLARE
I hope he tells his mom shes accountable to!

God yes SGPOO stands on its own merits hence the lack of viewers.

one word "TOOL"

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

What a cunt. He might as well paint a bullseye on his forehead for us to shoot at.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

Lilith
I gotta get a basement so I can become so empowered.  Where is his reality?  He even admits that the fan base for SGU is small.  The masses want to be entertained not just the few and SGU don't cut it.  The majority of the population won't stick around for two seasons hoping something gets better.  The only thing this series has defined and in the short term is that this is crap.

I've been reading on syfy forums and gateworld forums the negative feedback from fans.  We are in the majority.  The only reason this is still in production is because of contracts.  I don't think they will have the numbers in the next season because most of the comment were about writing them off.  Sad but true.  The only way the fanbase will return is if all these people are left on a planet or die.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

maunu
He's still saying the same old shit.  He thinks the season final was heartwrenching.  Even those who like the show found it contrived and boring. He's so out of touch and seems to have his head stuck in the same mound of sand with the rest of the ptb.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

Phoenix327
That was remarkably antagonistic. Is he trying to alienate the original fanbase? He also insulted gateworld (who was doing the interview) at the same time.

Picture in your mind a caveman uttering "Internet. Bad." and clubbing a laptop several times with a half burnt log. That's basically his comments in a nutshell.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

"We’ve heard the words “gut-wrenching” used for the finale of Season One."

We've also heard boring too.

This interview is such a shit stirrer.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

SerenityS
He's a jerk. Plain and Simple. He hasn't learned from any of his previous public mistakes, just keeps digging himself a hole wider and deeper with each interview and tweet he does.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

I love that his initials are BS because that's what I think most of his answers are.

Cheers.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

UxmalTrekker
Is it just me, or do some of those answers sound very reheasred?  It feels like he just picked up the 'Hinman Torch of Hate' and kept running with it.

Regards,
Uxmal

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

MissSGA
LOL You're so right, Atlantis! Speaking initials explain a lot.

Today I have found a little time to look over the interview. He is such a ... not really sympathic human for me, especially when he opens his mouth or want to make some written statements. Why TPTB don't gages him I don't understand. To let him speak isn't the best way to find a new audience or bring back the old.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

Atlantis4Life
MissSGA wrote
LOL You're so right, Atlantis! Speaking initials explain a lot.

Today I have found a little time to look over the interview. He is such a ... not really sympathic human for me, especially when he opens his mouth or want to make some written statements. Why TPTB don't gages him I don't understand. To let him speak isn't the best way to find a new audience or bring back the old.
LOL.  You caught that too, huh?    Every answer he gives starts with his initials - "BS."

And another thing, look at the comments section.  It's pretty much dead.  Other than 3 comments, the first of which looks like somebody from the SGU PR department wrote it, there's nothing.  It's like nobody even cares what he has to say anymore because we all know what's going to come out of his mouth before he says it.  We've learned this from his many interviews where he's had quite a lot to say...

You are very correct about TPTB letting him continue to "represent" SGU.  He just keeps digging them deeper and deeper.  He kept calling SGU a "tragedy."  Does this mean we call all look forward to the entire cast offing themselves or one another at the end of season 2?  That'd be a great way to end the show for good.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

MissSGA
Ahm, there are comments , did not noticed that upps. *runs to GW to check out* Oh yeah, wow, what a lot of comments. Seems like BS didn't told his mama about this interview so she can't tell it to her friends to comment what an intelligent and smart guy and actor he is.

I am wondering about his con-statements. Was there really someone on his panels and to ask for an autograph? I only have read con-reports about the several Joe&David-shows and the most of this visitors didn't spent time for any SG-shitty actor or panel.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

SerenityS
I have read a few con reports that mention Brian. For the most part, they say he is nice to talk to, however one person did say he (and the other SGU actors) were a bit arrogant backstage (you can buy a backstage pass at some of these cons) and not like the persona they project when in front of the audience.

The SGU presentations have generally been less well attended than the SG1 and SGA actors panels. By how much, I'm not sure but it seems significantly less on several occassions.

I think, at the last Convention in Minnesota Brian got a bit of an earful from one fan, here is a post on the Convention Ettiquette Thread at Gateworld from Rosehawk:

"Okay, will people please stop going to conventions and telling the SGU actors how much they don't like SGU and that they want SGA or SG1 back. If you really don't like SGU don't say anything or find a way to phrase what you say as a question that the guests can honestly answer and be gracious enough to listen to their response instead of trying to argue with them. Remember the actors are not the ones who cancelled SGA, they are not the ones who write the stories, they just bring the stories to life on the screen.

I don't have a problem if you say you prefer one over and I really get the sense that the actors don't have a problem with it either, however with that said be aware that there is a way to phrase comments respectfully, without getting the actor (or the audience) on the defense and if you ask the question please be courtious enough to listen to the actors response without cutting them off because you don't want to hear their answer. It's a Q&A not a debate.

Okay, enough said!
"
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/16304-Convention-Ettiquette-Discussion-and-Advice-on-Do-s-and-Don-ts?p=11609258&viewfull=1#post11609258

She then later said:
"Yep. Person was in the front row and it was Brian on stage.

That was the only bad thing at an otherwise really really wonderful and fun convention.
"

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

maunu
SGU actors havn't received anywhere near the fanbase that the SGA/SG1 actors have.  I get sick of people getting on their high horses and telling fans what they should say and not say. If they don't like SGU then they have every right to say it to the actors.  Why should they pretend that they're ok with how the franchise if being ruined. Brian Smith is quick enough to insult anyone who doesn't like SGU.  He was quick enough to say how much better SGU was to previous shows and how better the actors are and how this show is for everyone whilst SGA was just for the geeks. I'm pretty sick of these jerks and their insulting behavior to the previous casts and fans.  I guess they get it from the ptb but so far most of them have dissed SGA and the previous shows in some form or other.  They are like sheep who seem to read from the same scripts.  As to BS being nice to fans, he's an actor. Of course he'll play nice but I think we've all seen his real side and he should take his own advise about turning into a demon once he gets on the internet.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

MissSGA
Mh, I'm really not happy about what BS said or had written. But I think it's okay to keep silence along the cons. I never was on a con till now (FedCon I've missed, damnit!) but I'm sure I don't want to hear about negative things all about. It's expensive enough to go there. What makes me wonder is that someone joined the SGU-panels only to tell an actor how bad the show is.

For BS himself, well, I don't know him. For all I've noticed he seems to be a little arrogant and selfish. He's not in my interest (like the most of the other actors at SGU). But I think he really needs a lesson about PR - from a professional not from his Mom or one of her friends.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

STCLARE
Well at least the person at the con who gave him a supposed hard time was "attaching a face" to the comments and not hiding online!

Truly if someone like him makes such comments, isnt he expecting people to take it up with him should they meet him? if you dont then your hiding apparently. I dont mean in a rude or aggresive way as thats not something I would condone or encourage. But should i have the stomach to meet him i would certainly address his use of "retard" in that tweet as that is just offensive and demeaning to people with disability's. I know someone who has Downs and is often shouted at in the street which is why it ticks me of when some "person" like him uses it as a slur.

I dont think ive seen any other actor within all three series use words such as these. And i still wonder how he can not connect the dots.......no other member of any of the actors familys have had run ins with the fans apart from him and his mother. unless it hasnt made it on the nett which i doubt. so then you have to think why me? why my mum? come on Brian freakin connect the dots!!!!!
stargate has been going 12 odd years no incidents apart from him...i say again connect the ferakin dots.............................................................................................................................

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

STCLARE
yep three whole comments. Had that been Joe, David, Rachel or Jason im thinking there would be more even after 5 years of interviews and over a year of no stragte atlantis.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

SerenityS
One of Brian's probems has been that his defensivness has led him to get into twitter fights and say derogatory things to the fans in order to defend his and his character's perceived honor.
In Stargate history there have been many occasions when the fans dislike of a character has led them to say, sometimes in person, less than complementary things to the actors. Corin Nemic, who played Jonas, received a great deal of negative feedback from Daniel fans and Jewel Staite's character, Keller, has come in for a great deal of criticism also. I think, for the most part (other than one really defensive tweet from Jewel), they have stayed above the fray during debates over these issues.
Whether it's maturity or basic personality that leads to him becoming engaged in these pissing matches with the fans, I hope he is able to grow out of it or just stop. It does him no favors at all.

I might add, that I get a kick out of reading when actors like Shanks, Hewlett, Flanigan say snarky things about SGU and TPTB, but there is a difference, they are NOT disrespecting the fans as do Brian and the various producers.

Re: Brian J. Smith Interview

STCLARE wrote
Well at least the person at the con who gave him a supposed hard time was "attaching a face" to the comments and not hiding online!

Truly if someone like him makes such comments, isnt he expecting people to take it up with him should they meet him? if you dont then your hiding apparently. I dont mean in a rude or aggresive way as thats not something I would condone or encourage.
Exactly! Its interesting though, for cons, There seems to be a day,where its all SGU. There will be barely anyone that attends the con only on that day. i.e. for the la con, BJS and Elyse levesque is on Sunday, Joe Flanigan and Michael Shanks are on Sat,