Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

classicgatefan

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Tanith
To be fair I believe that idea is somewhat stupid

"The cost of an SG-1 episode increased from US$1.3 million in the first seasons to an estimated US$2 million per episode in season 10, partly due to unfavorable exchange rates."

Thus far 115 people have voted for it being a "Great Idea", so are those who voted willing to spend roughly $17,391 each per episode? and this is just for SG-1 alone.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Oh look, he has an opinion on this as well. Gasp!

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

I think that you're taking the question too literally.  I believe that the question is being asked to make a point to TPTB (I can tell that they pay attention to this site).  It's saying that their financial support comes from fans through viewership and through DVD purchases.  It's saying that the fans are willing to financially support SGA/SG-1, but NOT SGU.  I took it as essentially telling TPTB that they need to get their priorities straight on where and what they spend their money on, or they will not be reaping any profits which are their life's blood.  However, that's just my take on it.  Thanks for sharing, Tanith.

I welcome you to come back and share your insights with us again.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

US06154
hehehe, Man, you sweet talker.. Bet you had a hard time keeping a straight face, while thanking Tanith for "sharing" .. I would have been ROTGLMAO if you had said "Y'all come back now, ya hear?" LOL!

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Tanith
But still only 215 people have voted in that particular poll, that's practically nothing out of the millions of fans the franchise has.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Atlantis4Life
Those 215 people represent a lot!  SGU's worst live+sd episode has already done worse than SGA season 5's worse performing live+sd episode here in America - That's something.  And, TPTB know it.  They would be wise to pay attention to our little poll, and IMDB, and Amazon, and TVBTN, and Screenrant... Do I need to keep going?

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

TypicalFan
hey now, if fans decide to pay $17000 per episode I hope we're the ones that get the profit not TPTB lol

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

stonelesscutter
I bet Tanith is just bored coz there haven't been any new articles to comment on on Gateworld so he's hanging around here looking for some arguments with fellow Gate fans.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

stonelesscutter
I bet Tanith is just bored coz there haven't been any new articles to comment on on Gateworld so he's hanging around here looking for some arguments with fellow Gate fans.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

stonelesscutter
Wow, 2 posts for the price of one. Awesome.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

SGU Sucks
Tanith is either a paid affiliate or a true moron.

He's one of those idiots that first claim SGU is ok because raitings is ok.

And when ratings flopped he started saying ratings/votes etc don't count because it only represents a small group of people.

He went as far as saying there's nothing that needed to be fixed in SGU.

Which is something not even the producers would say.

Well that's british arrogance for ya, they are so afraid to be wrong they'll do everything to twist facts.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

stonelesscutter
The funny thing is. Wherever I meet people that watch Stargate, they all seem to think that SGU sucks. Except on Gateworld where there's a few people like Tanith who claim to like it and a whole lot of other people who are offended by it.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

Atlantis4Life
I went to my local video store chain (name omitted), and they were carrying the SGU half season DVD. The guy said that not a single one had sold, and he went further to say that it WASNT WORTH BUYING. He didnt know I was a SGU hater, but since I always rent science fiction, he knew I might get fooled. He said he loved the boobs on "that hot female lieutenant", but hated the rest. He said that The vendor requested in-store play for customers, but he refused, saying it would hurt his business. LMAO!

Wow.  You just confirmed something for me.  About an hour ago, I was at IMDB.com and caught this review:

"awful, 6 January 2010

Author: bump0002000 from United States

I wish to make this review as brief as I hope this series lasts. I am not going to repeat what everyone with bad reviews said as it would be pointless and repetitive.

What I will ask is a question to those that rated this show using a "star" rating at the top of the show's page: how many people voted? I voted which means at least 4 other people have to have voted.

Please give my review a thumbs up if you voted and a thumbs down if you did not vote. Something is fishy with the rating system here.

Now for my brief review: This is not stargate. This is a soap opera in space with the stargate being along for the ride."

I know for a fact that there have been at least 6 votes since the first time I saw the "awaiting 5 votes" excuse for them not having a rating on SGU.  At one point in time they did have a rating.  I think it was something like 2 out of 10 stars.  Is it me, or are a lot of websites like imdb, gateworld, tvbn, and others trying really hard to help these guys recoup the money they wasted on SGU?  I think they are trying to help Syfy/MGM/SG-PTB trick people into buying half a season of, and watching, a bad show.  At least your video store guy is decent.

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

classicgatefan

Re: Fan-funded SG-1/SGA?

classicgatefan