For cryin' out loud

Willl
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but there's a recent article on Gateworld introducing a new "Friday Column" called "For Cryin' Out Loud" (O'Neill style) and asking for people to write in with requests about what should be discussed in this new column.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/for-cryin-out-loud-gateworlds-new-friday-column/

Predictably, the comments page is already filled up with people saying "what we want to discuss is how bad SGU sucks and when they are gonna cancel it and bring back sg1/sga and give us the movies" etc etc etc. (Oh, and no prizes for guessing which single poster then charges in to SGU's defence...)

It will be interesting to see what "suggested topics" actually get turned into subject matter for this new column...

Oh yeah, and check out in the final paragraph of that article the example they give for "something that irks you" about the site. Made me laugh in an ironic, "they have got to be kidding", way.

Re: For cryin' out loud

Willl wrote
Oh yeah, and check out in the final paragraph of that article the example they give for "something that irks you" about the site. Made me laugh in an ironic, "they have got to be kidding", way.
The example given just after that sentence is lolable "(why do you allow such negative comments?)".

I cant post a comment, but id suggest to post

"Id like to discuss CENSORSHIP and rape of free speech on gateworld!"

Re: For cryin' out loud

In a lighter manor...What happened to the Friday 5 I remember checking every friday for those

Re: For cryin' out loud

Re: For cryin' out loud

Atlantis4Life
Overmind One wrote
My posts no longer go into the Moderation queue...they go right onto the forum live.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/for-cryin-out-loud-gateworlds-new-friday-column/?cp=2#comments

But when at Gayteworld, I am always sure to soften my blades and use plenty of verbal anesthetic...like I did with Malozzi. But Gaytworld has become a pariah in Stargate fandom. On one hand, they need to satisfy their obligation to promote all things Stargate (I guess that now includes SyFy), yet remain popular with Gaters. But when they start censoring with a bias, that is something the fans wont forget or forgive so easily.
That was a great post that you wrote to Darren, taking him head-on.  I can see where you pulled your punches, but you still remained true to what you had to say.  The line that they have to walk in order to try to maintain that balance of keeping traffic consistently coming to the site while at the same time pleasing TPTB must feel hair-thin to them.  I wouldn't be surprised if David and Darren weren't secretly hoping for SGU to fail too, and then get replaced by something better so their jobs would be easier.  Perhaps that's why they've been spending so much time on the SGA in their podcasts, remembering the good ol' days?

Willl wrote
[...]

I saw it, but figured I'd overlook it.  D&D are nice guys and all, I just don't see myself "shooting the breeze" with them very often.  I'm really mostly interested in SGA/SG-1 movie news, and that's not happening anytime soon, if at all.

Re: For cryin' out loud

I still get my RSS feed from Gaytworld, But I will not post there anymore. I've had conversations via email with the Darren the Dismal, desiring due diligence, and delving deeply before damning posts with draconian disbursement to depths of despair. His desperate attempt to "walk the line" looks dumber than a donkey wearing a Derby. There, I've declared my dispassionate diatribe. (and I've run out of words starting with "D") hehehehe

Re: For cryin' out loud

Yeah, I'm just about ready to ask them just really who TF is Tanith and why they put up with all the argumentative posts that are directed at other posters and not the subject of the news item.