Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
I thought I'd take this chance to introdude myself.

I've been frequenting this website daily over the last few months but figured I might aswell register & start posting. Initially my coming here was to entertain myself & so I could be happy in the knowledge that I'm not the only long-time SG fan who feels hurt by the utter betrayal of TPTB in chinning off Atlantis & replacing it with this steaming dog nugget of a soap opera.  So here I am like a loaded gun, cocked & ready to fire in the general direction of Mallozi & his various SGU shills (& you know who you are).

This website is awesome, kudos to you SGU_Sucks_Webmaster!  You are leading the way with this website with it's threads & registered users which seem to be growing in numbers daily but sadly, not at an exponential rate.  From what I have found the best way to get across any kind of agenda & increase strength in numbers of your followers is through such mechanisms as viral advertising & social engineering - the best place I've seen this happen is of course.................. Facebook.

I myself have joined a few anti-SGU groups on FB but the largest group numbers at best only in the hundreds.  I truly believe that there is a much greater proportion of SG fans who despise SGU than are repesented by the FB groups, web reviews, this site & others like it, the problem comes with the fact that most people who hate it are unaware of the damage it will do to the franchise - they watched it, they hated it, they switched off & got on with their lives & probably arent as passionate about the cause as we are so aren't proactively looking for websites such as this.

The answer I would suggest (if it hasn't already been attempted) is to increase people's exposure to the movement by creating your own group(s) on FB with links to other sites including this one in some kind of linked topology.  Let's put it this way, If I can be a member of a FB group I saw entitled "World Cup 2018 for England" (& I don't even give a flying fuck about football) then I'm sure you would have no problems increasing your membership & general awareness of the cause.

Anyway I'm starting to sound a bit preachy & over zealous which for my first post is a bit excessive.

Please give feedback to this post & I'll speak to thee all later!
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

a warm welcome to you. cool avatar - red dwarf was the best

Thanks Piginpoo, back at ya.  You rock!
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

Welcome Robbie

Hey admin, how about if we make a member introduction post that gets stickied, just to keep everything in one place?

Re: Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

Welcome Robbie Rocketpants!

Your post wasn't excessive at all.  There are virtually no rules for posting here, so feel free to say what you like.  Also, I'm going to move your suggestion over to another thread that the webmaster will likely read when he returns.  He's busy with school right now and will be gone for a bit.  You made some good suggestions.

I'm moving yours too AdamTM.

Re: Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

Welcome!

Thanks Atlantis4Life, much appreciated.  So I presume you are the Webmaster's 2IC?
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Greetings Fellow SGU Haters!

Atlantis4Life
You're welcome.

And, nope.  That's Overmind One.  He's the administrator.  I help out whenever and with whatever I can, but Overmind is your guy as the #2 Dude around here. If you have any questions or what have you, then you can shoot them his way, but we'll all be happy to help you.  Often times you'll get the answer to a question you have from 2-3 other people before the person you ask has a chance to answer it.

That's why I like our community here.  And, welcome again!!!

                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!