HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now officially a Syfy mouth piece.

HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now officially a Syfy mouth piece.

Gateworld is deleteing well constructed comments again.

Why don't Darren Summer just admit he needs gateworld to be a suck up to Syfy.

What is he so afraid of? Not even the Syfy site would go this far to censor comments. (evident here: http://n2.nabble.com/Syfy-has-less-censorship-than-Gateworld-td4617885.html#a4617885)

If Darren Summer really believe in all his "rules" he'd also remove Tanith's post just to be fair. but no he didn't, he removed the post that got Tanith pwned. (And suspiciously, the post was removed around the same time Tanith was online to post replys).

This is what Gateworld removed (scroll down to the end and see the post from SX):

Fuck gateworld and their pussy ass censorship, Gateworld, you're now nothing but a Syfy mouthpiece.

Re: HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now offically a Syfy mouth piece.

US06154
What's wrong with this moron Tanith? "Afflicted with SGUSUCKS.COM". Does he think  that sgusucks.com is some kind of a disease? Afflicted does not have the same meaning as affiliated.

Let me demonstrate.

“Tanith is afflicted with Foot In Mouth Disease”
“Tanith is affiliated with gayboyz-r-us.com”.

See the difference?

Re: HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now offically a Syfy mouth piece.

SexyDexy
Gateworld has a vested interest in SGU doing well. It is a financial interest - the more people who go to Gateworld, the more money Gateworld makes from ads. I'm not really sure how this all works (maybe Overmind knows more, he seems to know a lot about web stuff), but Gateworld.net provides quite a hefty revenue to the people who run it. A lot of fan sites are just businesses, although Gateworld seems like it was started at least by one-time real fans of the show. The website value by Estimix is $370,000. That's a lot! If I were in charge of Gateworld, I'd make sure I did my best not to piss off TPTB...or else my site might get a blacklist, and no fans would go there, and then, I'd have no money. So, I agree the censorship is crazy and out of control, but I'm not surprised.

Re: HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now offically a Syfy mouth piece.

Spaceman XIII wrote
If Darren Summer really believe in all his "rules" he'd also remove Tanith's post just to be fair. but no he didn't, he removed the post that got Tanith pwned. (And suspiciously, the post was removed around the same time Tanith was online to post replys).
You hit the nail on the head.  That's why I posted that thread to Tanith.  Something is up with that guy, really.

Sexy Dexy wrote
Gateworld has a vested interest in SGU doing well. It is a financial interest - the more people who go to Gateworld, the more money Gateworld makes from ads. I'm not really sure how this all works (maybe Overmind knows more, he seems to know a lot about web stuff), but Gateworld.net provides quite a hefty revenue to the people who run it. A lot of fan sites are just businesses, although Gateworld seems like it was started at least by one-time real fans of the show. The website value by Estimix is $370,000. That's a lot! If I were in charge of Gateworld, I'd make sure I did my best not to piss off TPTB...or else my site might get a blacklist, and no fans would go there, and then, I'd have no money. So, I agree the censorship is crazy and out of control, but I'm not surprised.
Hello Sexy Dexy.  I don't think we've chatted before.  Well, you are very much on point.  But, you have to remember that the website needs traffic, too.  They have to at least try to walk a line.  Of course, they'll cozy up more to TPTB.   But, they have to try to accommodate the fans as well, or else bye bye traffic which = lost revenue.  Advertisers only pay for ads that people are going to see thru coming to the website.

Re: HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now offically a Syfy mouth piece.

SexyDexy
Hello Atlantis4Life! Nice to chat w/ you. Quite true about traffic. If they were smarter, they would not be further alienating those fans who are disappointed with SGU. We can conclude they are not smart  Maybe they think like the TPTB seem to think - that the fans of SG1 and SGA don't matter anymore, and that the "new" fans who love SGU are all that matters...but that line of thinking will prove a big mistake, as the tanking ratings are showing - they can't depend on the "new" fanbase to boost them up.

Re: HAHA Gateworld's censorship is out of control and is now offically a Syfy mouth piece.

That's why the so called "Haters" are most welcome. As long as the mudslinging doesn't get out of hand they welcome all the hits they can garner. Sort of like SGU — doesn't matter to them if the audience are saints or sinners, although advertisers are interested in demographics.