Hey Guys

So I have been in school recently and have not been around. I'm sorry for this. A lot has happened, but thats in the past. We have overcome shit like this before, and we will power through this. With that being said, I never got the chance to find our new name. So if you have a suggestion, please put it here. Just your suggestions no comments. I'm going to put all suggestions into a poll at the end of this week. March 4th. Whatever Suggestions we have will be voted on and the winner our new name. I am going to be updating the site over the next few hours. Leaving a space for our new name.
 webmaster@sgusucks.com ~
JR

Re: Hey Guys

JR
I would have several.

You asked not to put any comments but I think it would be better to get names emailed to you or wait until your new forums are up and running. Otherwise, somebody just might register the here published names and suggestions.

A second problem I see in the fact that most people on here have no idea what SGUS will evolve into. That makes it even harder to find a proper name.

Re: Hey Guys

Very good idea, please email all new name ideas here! -> [hidden email]

As to where this site is going to go? Well, I am going to recommend something fairly general, but still something searchable.  I.e. General Scifi. Which is what we are aiming at. If you guys want that changed thats up to you, just send me an email, and majority will rule.

Re: Hey Guys

Anderson
This post was updated on .
Sorry, but I'm going to have to post this one here, and let Tanith keep it if he buys it:

canceltheturkey.net

Yes, that's a serious suggestion . I'll send more ideas per email.

Re: Hey Guys

I think it is a good idea to make a general scifi site. I don't think there will be much more new Stargate to talk about in the next few years.  So I mailed you some general scifi site names, which aren't directly Stargate related.

When you let the site users decide about the name, you should do it in two phases, if there are a lot of suggestions. First a poll with all possible names and then you should make another poll with the 2-3 favourites of the first poll. This way there will be a clear winner.
JR

Re: Hey Guys

JR
This is not a complete name but rather a name suggestion:
Whenever I see the Greek letter Omega, it reminds me of the stargate. Why not using this to our advantage and include the word "OMEGA" in the name? That sure would help as well creating a nice logo.

I just tried this one and it is available: omega-seven.com

For those who don't know how the Greek letter ONEGA looks like:

JR

Re: Hey Guys

JR
Hahahaha,
this one is available too: the-guys-from-the-basement.com

Re: Hey Guys

Anderson
JR wrote
Hahahaha,
this one is available too: the-guys-from-the-basement.com

Or moms-basement.net lol
JR

Re: Hey Guys

JR
Mr. Anderson wrote

Or moms-basement.net lol
Not bad either!

Here just once more the webmaster's post, we might lose track of it otherwise:

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
Very good idea, please email all new name ideas here! -> [hidden email]

As to where this site is going to go? Well, I am going to recommend something fairly general, but still something searchable.  I.e. General Scifi. Which is what we are aiming at. If you guys want that changed thats up to you, just send me an email, and majority will rule.

Re: Hey Guys

US06154
Going with the greek alphabet, Alpha-Omega.com would be nice (to be all encompassing). But the problem is Most of these letters are taken up by Frat/Sorority Houses?

Re: Hey Guys

All Good ideas! All suggestions must be in by Friday! After that the poll will go up, and voting will begin.

Re: Hey Guys

Willl
Also reminds me too much of airlock alpha :P

Re: Hey Guys

Sabella
Willl wrote
Also reminds me too much of airlock alpha :P
We could subvert that to "Asslock Omega."   You have to admit, it does have a certain ring to it..

Re: Hey Guys

tscchope
Thanks Mr Anderson for taking time out of what must be a busy schedule as a moderator over on gatefans.com to suggest names for the site.

Entitling the site Alpha-Omega might very well attract visitors expecting a religious site. I'd suggest SGUnite, but that might attract people thinking this site didn't think SGU sucks.

SyFy does have 15 seasons of Stargate to show thanks to 10 seasons of SG-1 and 5 of Stargate Atlantis.  I'd like to think that it won't be too long before new writers come forward to take us on new journeys through the stargates.

Re: Hey Guys

US06154
tscchope wrote
Thanks Mr Anderson for taking time out of what must be a busy schedule as a moderator over on gatefans.com to suggest names for the site.

Entitling the site Alpha-Omega might very well attract visitors expecting a religious site. I'd suggest SGUnite, but that might attract people thinking this site didn't think SGU sucks.

SyFy does have 15 seasons of Stargate to show thanks to 10 seasons of SG-1 and 5 of Stargate Atlantis.  I'd like to think that it won't be too long before new writers come forward to take us on new journeys through the stargates.
Hahahaha, ouch.. hehehehe , damn it.. hahahahahaha..
Sir, I tip my hat to you..

Re: Hey Guys

Jim of WVa
I could not get the e-mail page to work right:

The following URL is available:

http://www.freak-flag.com/

Re: Hey Guys

Sabella wrote
Willl wrote
Also reminds me too much of airlock alpha :P
We could subvert that to "Asslock Omega."   You have to admit, it does have a certain ring to it..
Hahahahahaha ass-ring double entendre much ?

Re: Hey Guys

Sabella
piginpoo wrote
Sabella wrote
Willl wrote
Also reminds me too much of airlock alpha :P
We could subvert that to "Asslock Omega."   You have to admit, it does have a certain ring to it..
Hahahahahaha ass-ring double entendre much ?
It's that Gentlemen's Club that I've been hanging out at lately..   They're a baaaaad influence on me...

Re: Hey Guys

frumenta
Sent my suggestion in the mail. It was such a hassle to login to Nabble, I had forgotten my password and my username and pretty much everything really but I made it :)

Re: Hey Guys

Anderson
tscchope wrote
Thanks Mr Anderson for taking time out of what must be a busy schedule as a moderator over on gatefans.com to suggest names for the site.
Thank you!

I have been managing to free time to visit SGU°S for almost a year now and hopefully will continue to be able to do so. Btw, although we're still in nabble mode, I'd like to give you a welcome to the site tscchope!
12