Hey guys i got an email....

Hey guys I got this email just today and I thought I would post it on here to see what you all thought about it. I also included the address it was sent from in case you care to respond.

I find your site to be rather, umm let me see.......idiotic and immature? Your poll to make a petition is stupid, and It doesn’t take someone with half a brain to see that won’t work.

Oh and you only display the negative comments, none of the positive comments, and there are plenty of them out there.

Get a life, get your facts right, and get a real sight

mfinlays@iinet.net.au

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
This post was updated on .
Its sort of accurate, people on here have been bashing Gateworld for being to positive and dismissing negative points of view, well this site is just the flip side of that (Where those who have positive points of view get insulted/accused as working for MGM/SyFy etc).  I would even bet that someone will insult me in this very topic. The immaturity level is low among some members aswell its like "SGU SUCKS LOL", "HAHA PWNED".

I will admit that there are some well thought out posts on this forum but the members who make those are lower in number than the ones who just bash everything and anything relating to SGU.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

SGU Sucks
ROFL, of all people, Tanith is the one acting like he cares about post quality.

oh the irony

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Its sort of accurate...

Well...  I've certainly never called you names or tried to make you feel unwelcome.  I have no problem with debating the quality (et cetera) of SGU with anyone because the facts are on my side, so I have nothing to fear.  I am actually interested in how you can defend SGU.  If any posts have been deleted here, I am unaware of it.  However, I doubt that any have.  But, just to be sure, have any of your posts here been censored or deleted?

Everyone expresses how they feel about the show differently, yes.  But, the message from the overwhelming majority of people everywhere I've looked is the same - SGU Sucks.  The wording may be a little crude, but it still sums things up quite nicely.

At least we both agree that Atlantis was (overall) a good show with lots of potential.  I still welcome you to share your thoughts with us.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

classicgatefan

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
I just haven't had a very good personal experience thus far with this forum, even seen a few topics dedicated to insulting me. That sort of thing can make you have a low opinion.

I see it this way: at the moment there are roughly 103 members on this forum (A lot of which are repeats because of the way unregistered users work), to me that's a small fraction of fans and not a 'majority' out of the millions of fans the franchise has. Just even look at the numbers on both Gateworld, SyFy etc (The 2 main forums for Stargate) just having normal general discussions *which are mostly positive* (Gateworld with under 40,000 users is still low in comparison to the millions of fans the franchise has). There is no true way to know which side is greater in number.

I can even see why some comments may have been censored on Gateworld, SyFy etc. Both of those forums have rules which state that they're family forums (The language used in a comment might be to offensive, a few fair of you may have stated that kids watched SG-1/SGA would you want those same kids to read what some of you are typing) and they don't look to kindly on personal attacks (Be it a fellow forum member or the writers/cast themselves). If you truly want to give an opinion then I see no reason why you can't be civil about it. If you come across as not insulting your more likely to be listened to.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

TypicalFan
lol anyone at gateworld who puts together a logical arguement against SGU gets censored.  It's nothing to do with using offensive  language or insulting people, gateworld just doesn't want the secret to get out that veteran stargate fans HATE this new show.  Why even name it "Stargate" if it's not going to be remotely like it's predesessors?  There's only one logical reason, they wanted to rake in the fan money AND the money from the new crowd of young kids who are guillible enough to watch it.  SGU is hardly even si-fi, it just uses starships and alien planets as a plot device to fuel the drama on the ship.

It's so obvious what they are doing..I mean they even have the complicated ancient ship on auto pilot that can recharge itself and even bring the crew to food and water!  The reason they wanted to name the episodes after elements is because the show was supposed to be about survival, which is elemental.  So far I havent seen the crew even bail themselves out of one problem they had..the ship just flies them to the nearest planet and solves the problems for them.  All the crew does is fight and yell while one of them goes off and grabs the necessary material then walks back onto the ship.  Even in Lost, the plane full of strangers managed to band together and forget their differences in the face of utter hopelessness to find a way to survive.

To sum it up, the crew of the destiny is hardly mature and doesn't even have to put in considerable effort to survive.  So what does that leave the show about?  Drama.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Accurate and reliable polling happens when the individuals that are polled represent the whole of whatever group the pollster is trying to gain information about.  For this, I will take our website (sgusucks.com) out of the picture because, as you said, this is a site that mainly people who can’t stand SGU come to vent their frustrations (although, I wouldn’t ignore this site and many of its opinions if I were TBTP).  We can take gateworld.net out of the picture because, as you’ve somewhat conceded, it is a website that is gung-ho about anything that says it is Stargate.  So, mainly opinions that are gung-ho about Stargate are allowed.

But, there are websites (like imdb.com and amazon.com) that generally have a reasonably accurate representative sampling of any franchise’s fan-base displayed in their reviews section, in my opinion.  When you look at those sites, the overwhelming majority of reviews state that SGU is really bad.

When I see ratings (especially the live ratings) quickly declining over the first half of the first season of a well-promoted and highly-budgeted (for Stargate) show, that represents what the majority of the millions of fans think about SGU to me.

When I see Syfy.com (the last time I checked) close its new account activations because so many people were signing up just to complain about SGU, I take that as a statement about what Syfy.com thinks the majority of the millions of Stargate fans think about SGU.

When I look at television stations in different countries dropping SGU from their programming schedules (whether temporarily or indefinitely), I think that represents what they believe the majority of their viewers (and advertisers) think about SGU.

And there are other examples.

The same way you haven’t had the best experience here, a lot of the people that comment on this website haven’t had very positive experiences on websites that seem to only want to have praise of SGU written on their web-pages.  Maybe that makes this site the other side of the coin.  If it does, then that’s fitting because it’s realistic.  Coins have 2 sides.  There seem to be some websites out there that want this little fact to be overlooked because they think it will benefit SGU’s investors/creators.  They don’t seem to want to allow everyone to have a say.  I can understand editing out profanity, but still preserving the message.  But, there are websites that are deleting comments that simply say that the show is bad and why.  So, the *mostly positive comments* are by design.  I, for one, know better than to go on gateworld.net critiquing SGU because it's practically not allowed.  Does that seem fair, Tanith?

I am interested in knowing what you think.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
What im curious about is if Gateworld censors negative comments towards SGU can you explain this negative review for the episode 'Life' http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/11/review-sgus-life/

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Atlantis4Life
Welcome back, Tanith

Now, before I answer you, let me quickly point something out:

Each time I have asked you a direct question, you have either breezily moved past it without answering (I asked if any of your comments had been edited or deleted) and changed the subject, or you've used a deflection (the review you've posted from gateworld.net) and asked me yet another question instead of actually answering me.

Okay - back you your question about the review of the Life episode from November 2009:

As much as the people running gateworld.net love everything Stargate, even they recognize that one can only semi-rationally defend something up to a line.  Once that line is crossed, they lose all credibility and - even worse - they look as though they may need professional help.

Life was the single worst rated episode I can see in Stargate history (that’s SG-1, SGA, and SGU combined over a total of 15 1/2 seasons).  I just checked, and here are the results of gateworld.net’s own polling for this episode:

1 - Terrible (1028)           24 %
2 - (196)                              5 %
3 - (204)                              5 %
4 - (166)                              4 %
5 - Fair (190)                      4 %
6 - (231)                              5 %
7 - (325)                              8 %
8 - (512)                            12 %
9 - (420)                            10 %
10 - Outstanding (996)  23 %

Total number of votes - (4268)

Clearly, more people that that this episode was a complete failure than thought it was an absolute success.  I’ve never seen an episode - ever - on gateworld.net where this was the case until Life.  So, of course they were going to acknowledge this by showing/giving a slightly negative review of that episode.  To give Life a glowing review would have been, well, crazy.

Now, are you going to answer my questions?  I was really asking for your feedback.  I am not interested in playing games.  If that is what you're interested in, then I believe our discussion has come to an end.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

classicgatefan

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
"I asked if any of your comments had been edited or deleted"

Not thus far but I as far as I can tell I haven't been that offensive, I'm also curious as to how well this forum is moderated. There does not appear to be any forum rules.

Anyway its funny that you quoted Gateworld's polling system, for practically every other episode poll they have had its been accused as being rigged. To some when its negative there 100% right but if its positive there in bed with TPTB. (I lost track at the number of times I was accused as being a mole because I had a positive view).

If Gateworld was as strict as some on here claim then look at the comments of its latest SGU article, there mostly negative at the moment but not written in a way that would piss off the other side and lead to another argument (At least not until the one made by someone called Egyptsy). Or just look at the comments of its previous SGU articles where the exact same argument between both sides is repeated time & time again (A couple of my comments didn't make it past moderation either). I'm surprised they allowed that argument to continue across multiple SGU articles (regardless of article content). The last straw for me was when someone had the nerve to bash SGU on the article about Alaina Huffman's new baby (Gladly that one was removed).

There are some people who comment on Gateworld & this site who have well thought out points (such as yourself & classicgatefan) but its the ones who are just filled with hate, don't take into consideration how the other side will react and just bash the hell out of it who I have a problem with.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

US06154
Bashing the hell out of a show =/= bashing a poster or commenter. But if a commenter (with apparent no vested interest) takes upon himself to be a guardian of the show, and take everything said against the afore mentioned show, as a personal insult, then professional help in the form of Therapy might be in order. You are the one single person who got involved in every argument, or had an opinion about someone else’s adverse comments. I don't think Mallozzi, Binder, Cooper and Wright would have cared as much as you seem to.

Rules? What rules?  We came here to comment without censorship. Policy at Gateworld was akin to Glasnost from the former Soviet Union, where free speech by dissidents were considered taboo.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Canceltheturkey
Well said, US06154.  You da man.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
All I wanted on Gateworld was for there to be less name calling and more constructive conversation. You must remember thought that you were also involved in every argument just to through in some petty insults about how 'bad SGU was doing' or how 'bad an episode was'. You insulted SGU fans in general on more than one occasion aswell.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

SGU Sucks
And your point is?

Don't produce something that sucks and nobody'd say shit.

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

Tanith
But that's just your opinion, there are many people who do like SGU (I know that's hard for you to believe but its true).

Posting insults has only lead to a never ending argument. The comments of Gateworld articles are not the best place to get the attention of TPTB so the only conclusion is that those who do it either like arguing, want to piss off the fans or just want a place to vent regardless of what anyone thinks (which tends to piss off the fans).

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

SGU Sucks
"But that's just your opinion"

So are your illogical whitewashing bullshits. What is your point?

"All I wanted on Gateworld was for there to be less name calling"

Welcome to the real world where people don't give a fuck what you want.

You're nothing but a paid/delusional hypocrite.

Where were you when the ass lickers at gateworld.net call the haters "SG1/SGA cry babies"?

I didn't see you complain about their "insults".

The only reason you posted that bullshit is because somehow you think your opinion worth more than everyone else's, and hope people here would actually give a fuck about what a dumb fuck/whitewasher thinks.

And you're wrong again, posting insults doesn't lead to an never ending argument, replying them does. Especially lamers like you who always had to reply, but always failed to construct any logical arguments.

Here's your problem, you can't accept the fact that people don't like SGU, so you invent bullshits like:
"not the best place to get the attention of TPTB so the only conclusion is that those who do it either like arguing, want to piss off the fans or just want a place to vent regardless of what anyone thinks"

Here's a flash, expressing opinions is part of the human communication protocol.

Get outside your little Gateworld bubble and look around, look at Amazon and a million other sites where people post reviews, look at the million forums where people post reviews.

People post because they want to express opinions. They don't give a fuck about the producers, if they discovered that a new Coke sucks, they don't go email the company, they don't go email the chemist behind the formula, they don't email the factory owners or the fucking delivery truck drivers. They just post reviews and tell their friends and everyone else how much it sucked. Now if people found out that a certain automobile model really sucks, they'd go to a site where other car owners go, and if it is a program call Stargate that turned out to be a piece of garbage, where would they go? Let me take a fucking guess - syfy.com and Gateworld?

IF REVIEW IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN HANDLE THEN GET THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET.

Your last post exposed your true desire - You want gateworld.net to be an ass licking fan boy site while pretending not to be.

You want to see positive feedbacks but you also want to pretend those are the majority, and the fact that most sites are flooded with negative SGU reviews really hurt you inside.

You've demonstrated a lack of logic, lack of insight to the real problem and lack the ability to understand how the world really works, worse, you don't even know what the fuck you're doing but you want to tell others what to do, like some spoilt only child where everyone has to give a fuck what you think.

Get off the fucking high horse or go back to your Gateworld bubble, you have no chance anywhere governed by reason and logic.

- Spaceman13

Re: Hey guys i got an email....

The court is now in session.. The defendants does admit that Party of the first part, Tanith, herein referred to as the “Pissoffee” did combine, conspire and agree, one with the other and with others at Gateworld, to ridicule SGU haters. They failed to establish that SGUSUCKS.COM’s  intervening act was not a superseding cause of bitch slapping the pissoffee. The plaintiff a.k.a “the pissoffee” must therefore prove at least one of the following facts. First, that SGU does not suck big donkey balls. Second, The writers are not evil aliens, putting us Stargate fans through a “Social Experiment” for their own entertainment. Third, we are not re-living April Fool’s day, over and over, caught in a time loop..

See? it's a good thing they don't let me practice law in the Continental US.. hehehehe