Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Atlantis_Orca
Hi everyone.

So most/all of you here hate SGU ? Me too.

Well only thing i like is the music and that's it.

For me SGU just isn't stargate to me at all.It's BSG with a stargate.I've seen afew episodes and all i can say is.."meh." It really REALLY upsets me to think they cancelled stargate AWESOME (Atlantis) for this Stargate USELESS. WOW...what a smack in the face for the cast of SGA.I feel so sorry for them i wish there was something i could do,i don't know what but i wish there was something. I'd like to say SORRY to them.

After 5 years 100 episodes and them BOOM, Bon voage your canceled! And what a crappy kind of way to end a show.They left us with a cliff hanger for crying out loud.I want to know how are they going to get back to the Pegasus Galaxy but instead they're left on earth.

So the future missions of SGA...Missions to Wal-mart haha. I've had some silly thoughts about that.

Mission to Wal-Mart.

Ronon - See's an old man/lady with long white hair and thinks he/she is a wraith and beats the poor guy up.

Teyla - She gets lost in Wal-Mart looking at the wonders of the world of earthlings.

Mckay - well he keeps annoying Sheppard and talking about past missions and saying that he won when they raced RC cars down the hall way in Atlantis and well...just bugging Shepard.

Carson - He'd allow John and Mckay to get on with it and go to the first aid section and gets some meds and band-aids and bandages.

John - Luckily for him Wal-Mart is having a special on Lemons! So he takes Rodney to the food section with lots and lots of lemony goodness from Pies to fruit. Mckays eye's go wide and he faints by the sight of everything lemon. John has to call Beckett to help.

Yes i know that is really silly but that's what came to mind knowing they're on earth. haha.

I don't mean to make fun of SGA,I LOVE that show so dam much and want nothing more than to have it back on our tv again and explore the Pegasus Galaxy with the team.I HATE how that show has been treated since it got canceled.They've been pushed aside and forgotten and it's so unfair. This Atlantis movie too we're supposed to be getting...where the hell is it?! (I am aware MGM are in financial difficulty.) I don't know what the word is but what comes to mind is.."Screwed over." Thanks for 5 years and 100 episodes and now lets forget you and move on with a new "so called" stargate series. For crying out loud finish what you started.Atlantis isn't even finished.Easily i think could of went on for another season.

It makes me so pissed off. Right now i just want to say FUCK YOU STARGATE! Not at stargate directly but at the people or person who made that decision.I don't want to be  like this but i loved that dam show it brought alot of good things.Thanks to SGA I found Paul McGillion.Since SGA and his character i really look up to him. The show was inspiring made me want to do what i saw well it made me want to act and thats what i'm trying to pursue and thanks to Paul's biography i found an incredible acting school which i was fortunate enough to attend last year. It's brought alot of things and it made me happy.Whenever i felt down i'd always turn to SGA it cheered me up.

I'm so dissapointed and upset by want Stargate has become.It just isn't the same anymore.Why the hell watch it when i can go and watch the original,BSG.Why do i want to see a copy of it?

Maybe if Universe was just called Universe maybe alot of fans wouldn't be as upset if it wasn't related or called stargate.To me they've ruined the franchise.They made a masterpiece an incredible show and spin off that hit a milestone.Now look...you've ruined it and it's fallen/falling apart and they can see it.

I think what upsets me is Atlantis. How it's been forgotten and pushed aside and how must the cast feel.If the movie gets a green light and they don't sign up for it i don't blame them.Even though i really do want the movie and want Atlantis back. I'd say FUCK YOU!

But...yeah. I think i've said what i've wanted to say and apologize for writing an essay. haha Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts and opinions. I hope i've made sense to,when i blah blah blah i tend to repeat myself and i think i don't make sense at time haha.

Thanks for taking the time to read and take care.
SGU is an insult to the Stargate Franchise. No matter how you try and how much you may believe your are Stargate. You NEVER will be. Thanks for ruining a great franchise.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Aragon101
Ahhh it feels quite good to vent doesn't it? :D

We all had the same initial rant. Some of us continued and explored why such a momentous occasion of epic fail was allowed to happen.

Myself personally have lost most of my appeal for the TV incarnations of the show and prefer fanfiction. I still love SG1 and SGA to pieces, but i see so many missed opportunities i just want to grab the people responsibble and scream at them for hours on end.

BSG was great because it had an excellent writing team. The best episode of SGU doesn't even compare to the worst episode of BSG. SGU is the product of a night out in a bar and a drunken quickie BSG had that it doesn't want to remember or even acknowledge.

I wonder, has anyone asked RDM what he thinks of SGU? Is there any way to contact him? That'd be epically hilarious.
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Leo(T.C.K.)
RDM? Who is RDM?

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Deity
Well, I really liked season 1 of BSG, season 2 was good, but i thought season 3 and 4 sucked.  They tried to be too clever by half.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Welcome, Atlantis_Orca!

I like Paul McGillion, too.  I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,

Atlantis.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

STCLARE
yep i likiie Paul to, esp when hes in his kilt

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

Rac80
Only cause you like to wonder what's under it!

I have enjoyed paul McGillion's acting since he played the young earnest littlefield in Torment of tantalus.

Re: Hi there and my what i want to waffle on about

STCLARE
hes a fun guy. he announced his engagment at stargate worlds con, i wonder if hes finaly bitten the bullet and got married? i bet his stag do would be awesome