How Could they Fix the program?

Lifeseeker1

What if they encountered the Nox or some Ancients who were seperated from the others and developed a different society.
They could bring them on board and add to the crew, direct the ship to a different destination, fix it, something!
For gods sake, they are on a ship built by the Ancients, where is the sense of WONDER?!

I think they are trying to rip off Lost In Space, not Voyager.
Dr Rush is a ripoff of Dr. Smith.

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

What ever happened to the nox? they were in like what 1 episode of SG1 where they buried there gate. Then they were never heard from again. Anyone got any ideas what happened? or have i just missed episodes.

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

alien0-2

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

Lifeseeker1
Oh God!
The entire season of that slop is already recorded?
You or another commentator said it's probably at least a 2 year investment for the studio.
Maybe they'll do something logical like contact McKay, an expert in Ancient technology or at least Jackson, rather than the angry Col. Lou Diamond Phillips.

Remember the sense of wonder you felt in SG1, when they encountered the place where Ancients Races all met & it was full of languages.  I dont remember the name of the episode, just a feeling of WOW! as a viewer.
Or the 1st time they saw Thor's Chariot appear out of the clouds & wipe out 3 G'ould ships and O'neil responed with,  "OH MY!"

And the Ancient language put into O'neils brain & we finally got to see the Asgard!

THATS WHAT SGU LACKS!
There is no SCIENCE, no WONDER in the SGU series so far.
I read Star Trek TNG actually used concepts from theoretical physicist in their program.
Babylon5, writers used rotating stations with windows in the floor, real physics.

Both had DRAMA, but a sense of wonder was there too.

Whats in the preview for SGU tonight?
Lou Diamond is going to have an affair with the Col. wife,
'this is a soap opera'.

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

Lifeseeker1
It would be interesting to explore to origins of the Nox.
I believe that original episode said there were 4 races,
Asgard,
Nox,
Ancients,
and the Furling?.

I've been trying to think how to make the picture interesting/
Hmmmm?

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

King Piccolo
death to Soapgate Universe!

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

IKnewSGUwouldSUCKwayB4
  For the next batch of shows its simple.
Special effects cost an arm and a leg.  Problem is tho that without a LOT of special effects the show will flop.  Kinda like disk 4 I believe of SG-A there is only 2 or 3 things on that disk that help put together some things that happen in later episodes.  BUT you can get by just fine by skipping all the episodes on that one sg-a DVD.  Its quite obvious that the bean counters have gotten their way.  Deep drama and sex scenes have NO PLACE in a science fiction show IF it is going to have a chance.

Well I see that all the shows for the season are already made so do EXACTLY what I am my friends have made a pact to do and that is NOT to watch the shows.  Also I and some of my other SG-Pu haters have, now had  Chase banking accounts.  I just yesterday withdrew everything cashed in all I could without penalty and went to a different bank.  And Chase is in bed with ACORN.  I knew about Acorn but when I saw Chase was  a sponsor that broke the camels back.  I also have; I believe quite convincingly, talked to other people and family members to bail out of Chase too.

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

alien0-2

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

Abydos1
I don't think SGU can be fixed, I think the only thing to be done is let it die a slow, painful death from ratings withdraw!

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

classicgatefan

Re: How Could they Fix the program?

US06154
The way I figure it out is, the TPTB shot the 1st season the way they wanted, because they thought, it would be a nice padding to their Resumes and whatnot. But they shot themselves in the foot, because it was evident from the get go, that they were copying "edginess" from other shows.

So in Season 2 They will try to mainstream and align themselves more with the original two series, and cry saying the fans and viewers were too impatient to "wait and see" while they "layed down the background" (we didn't need a fucking background With SG-1 or SGA, pardon my French). They would never admit their ideas not only Sucked but Blew as well. So basically give us a different version of either SG-1 or SGA. I don't want to see a bunch of nobody's, whom I hated from the get go, Just give us back our SGA, and we'll promise not to stick pins into the Voodoo dolls of Mallozzi, Binder, Wright and Cooper .

Re: How Could they Fix the program?