How can we get higher search engine hits?

How can we get higher search engine hits?

This is from google Analytics. Showing where everybody gets to this site from. Any idea's how to make the search engine one higher.

From this it seems, are search engine hits are low. Unless i just interpreted it wrong.

Re: How can we get higher search engine hits?

Atlantis4Life
I know that this is mostly Kobe and US06154’s specialty, but I’ll throw what I can out here, and then let them tell you what to do.

You could do an episode guide, or a FAQ.  I say this because when I typed SGU into google, the drop down list included “sgu episodes,”  “sgu episode guide,” and “sgu episode list.”  And, "episode" shows up in 4 of the 10 in the dropdown list when I type in Stargate Universe.  So, having an episode guide on the show to say how and why each episode sucks might bring in people doing a google search.  And, once they are here, they might want to register and sound off (without being censored) on our forum, too, especially after reading mirroring opinions about how the episode(s) that they just watched sucks.

We could all take turns on authoring the review and recap for each episode.  Or, it could be assigned to 2-3 of us that are willing to just do it.  I’d be willing to help.  I know I said I wouldn’t watch the show, or rewatch any of it, but if it helps this site, then I’m ALL for it, buddy.  It's up to what you and our resident experts think.

The other thing is that my security software says that this website is questionable.  That may be true for other security suites that people have as well.  So, even if we were to show up on the first page of a google search, people might be scared away from choosing to come to our website because they think that if they click on it that they might catch a virus or something.

Is there a way to fix that Kobe?  US06154?  Anybody?  It would help if we could fix that.

Again, these are just things that I’m throwing out there.  Good luck!

Re: How can we get higher search engine hits?

You've already got "sgu sucks" keyword in the bag, the only way to improve SE traffic now is go for long tail keywords.

Add a blog and copy or selectively reference 1000s of blog posts/reviews about Stargate so everyone + dog will see this site when they search for stargate stuff.

Re: How can we get higher search engine hits?

What is an example of direct traffic? I got here from Search engines wanting to see reviews on how SGU sucks.

Re: How can we get higher search engine hits?

Atlantis4Life
An example would be typing "sgusucks.com" into the url field on your browser to come directly to the site.  It means that you didn't go through anything else to get to the site.

Re: How can we get higher search engine hits?

Actually, the way get Page rankings is through keywords and Meta Tags. Different browsers work under different principles. Some will NOT tolerate bogus key words or tags.

What are Meta Tags you ask?

They are information inserted into the "head" area of your web pages. Other than the title tag (explained below), information in the head area of your web pages is not seen by those viewing your pages in browsers. Instead, meta information in this area is used to communicate information that a human visitor may not be concerned with. Meta tags, for example, can tell a browser what "character set" to use or whether a web page has self-rated itself in terms of adult content. Looks like this:

More information at : http://searchenginewatch.com/2167931

The funny Thing is (I still cannot explain) if my real name is typed in google a la "Joe Shmoe" and click on pages:

1. From Canada: # 1 Ranking fro my Personal Web Site
2. From World: # 4 - 8 depending on the day

and this is with absolutely no keywords or Meta tags. I bet there's some pretty riled up peeps out there, who's got Professional and Business Websites with a Similar name, and my Vanity Site comes out on top.   . Actually, I just checked again, Even on the world one, Looking via Google.ca My site is on top, and trust me, I have one of the most common Spanish/ Portuguese First and Last names. hehehehe.