Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Canceltheturkey
Yes, I was going to add the Hulu site. Funny how non-fan sites all over the web seem to carry mainly negative comments on this series. There has to be at least thousands of negative comments written on it, many of them pretty lengthy. I'm sure TPTB have gotten the word by now. But not that they seem to care. I wish they'd just can it, clean house, and start all over again. I doubt they care much about the direct to DVD movies anymore.

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Overmind One wrote
http://www.hulu.com/stargate-universe

A gem:

Point 1. The overwhelming majority dislikes SGU and its dramatic trappings (based on Hulu posts).
Point 2. SGU has been unfaithful to the SG1/A mythos to the disgust of "Old Gaters."
Point 3. If "New Gaters" (who are not really Gaters at all) want drama, they can watch Battlestar Galactica, Grey's Anatomy, Cougar Town, or Desperate Housewives.
Point 4. The SGU experiment has been a disaster; "New Gaters" must not be permitted to sabotage the SG brand.
Point 5. If SGU does not immediately remold itself in the image and likeness of SG1/A, SG must cancel SGU and invest the money being spent on a new series. (... and we *might* forgive SG for this unlicensed frolic in the same way we forgave Coca Cola after its dalliance with New Coke.)
Do you understand?

LOL this is gold.

Excerpt:

Jacob Decker commented on the review "SyFy paying people to post positive reviews AGAIN?"

Now that you menchen this, i kind of have been seeing the same things. it striks me as ringing more and more true the more reviews and blogs i have read about it. Every one that i have talked to about SGU (in person) is vary disapointed with where they have taken it and are holding on for dear life thit in some way it might redeam its self. i am hopfule that it can get better but if syfy is paying for positive posts they are only delaying the end of its death.

BTW:
Anyone got a Hulu account? Can you post a link there to this place?

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

classicgatefan

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

Trollicus
I watched it (SGU) and felt that it needed a little less of the desperate housewives vibe and a little more Stargate.

I'm not as down on the series as many are although I'm a but underwhelmed. Lets face it there isn't much Sci Fi of any kind lately. The show needs some serious attention like maybe a plot that goes somewhere? We have seen aliens but they seem to drop in to make a guest appearance then leave. We have foolish drama about people who would rather have arguments then do things like stay alive and work towards getting home etc. But I still believe the show has some potential IF they get some actual science fiction going.

But the real nail in the coffin was the foolish issue of delay on Hulu. Frankly I have cable but have never watched it on cable as I have moved to viewing on the internet because of my schedule which like many these days is in a state of constant flux. Hey Sci Fi (and networks in general) It's not 1965 I will watch commercials, really Ill watch them,  but I like to be able to pause and go to the restroom. I'm DROPPING CABLE as I never watch it anymore it costs more than my car payment (really!) and seems to drop every channel I like then add another channel on home decorating or something in Spanish. One of the ONLY reasons I kept cable was for scifi then you put WRESTLING on and I was so insulted I haven't turned it on in MONTHS!!! Wrestling??? For the love of God  Wrestling?? That's like the exact opposite of good thoughtful science fiction. If there was something most fans would agree on besides golf ,wrestling is the last thing I want to see on my favorite channel. Show a live mastectomy on an 89 year old woman or fat being sucked out of the rear of a 380 pound hirsute guy but not WRESTLING! Thats just plain WRONG.

Re: Hulu has become an anti-SGU battleground too!

thisithis
[...]

yes, I understand. :)