I just cant take it anymore....

I just cant take the biggotry and hate on Gateworld Forums anymore...i just cant.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/73340-What-attracts-you-to-SGU?p=11329523&viewfull=1#post11329523

Ill be not doing any Bullshit Weekly anytime soon.

This is all, carry on.

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Willl
My advice is to just ignore it. It's quite clear that the attitude is "Let's all sing and dance and celebrate about how great stargate universe is and if anyone thinks otherwise they are a TROLL", and there's nothing that will change about that. You'll get the last laugh when the ratings plummet.

Although it might be quite interesting to create an exact analogy to that thread called "What turns you off stargate universe?" and see if it gets censored.

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Going emo on us there AdamTM? I stay out of that forum looney bin. Some of those people there are just plain scary.

It reminds me of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I can see all the looneys sitting in the ward room with pencils writing "What attracts you to Stargate Universe". They'll all eventually head over here for some therapy when they realize what's going on.

Here's a typical SGU Fan meeting before the show. Looks like they're excited about the start of season half-2. Except the guy in the back right. You can tell he's a Hater can't you? LOL.

Getting prepped to watch. That way you won't even notice the shakey cam.

Look! There's the younger hip audience demographic they were looking for! Success!

**SPOILER** Here's the pan-galactic teleportation machine that Rush finds in the janitor's closet on Destiny. 3 episodes later, deprived of coffee, cigarettes, and conditioner, and after consulting the stones, he turns on the water and they're all returned to Earth in the blink of an eye. End of series. One year later cardboard box prop is offered on Gayteworld for $10,000.

... you applaud.

... you applaud.
Sorry GUIZ, but seriously, i had my fill of shit for this week :P

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

we applaud indeed. you are truly gifted

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

at least tanith has a year to save up $10,000 from his pocket money and selling his arse to tptb

[...]

Awesome, buddy!!!  LMAO!!

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

I saw that thread on Gateworld before and nearly also posted "nothing", but then I thought why should I bother.

Nevetheless those unfriendly reactions of the SGU lovers to those 5 harmless words (!) of kmccabe gave me an idea. We should fight fire with fire.

I will do what I have never done before and complain to the Gateworld moderators. Let's see if they will warn those SGU lovers or if they are again hypocrites like always. Either way, the result will be good for us.

If they warn those SGU lovers or even delete their posts where they accuse poor kmccabe of trolling and wish him/her gone, we will have the satisfaction of seeing that the SGU lovers will get for once the same treatment like the SGU haters on gateworld.

If they do nothing like usual, we will have another prove of gateworlds hypocrisy and double standard.

Edit:

Ok, I reported myhelix, jelgate, KEK and Eternal Density comments. Let's see what will happen. I mean it is really ridiculous of the SGU lovers to write 7 comments in reaction to kmccabe's 5 words and only one comment defended kmccabe's right to write "nothing" as an answer. They should at least delete those comments because they are off topic. I mean gateworld is deleting all kinds of things because they are allegedly off topic if they are negative in regards to SGU, so when they are truly off topic like in this case, they should delete them even more readily.

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Well ill complain too then.

Problem is, the SGU forum is ruled by Skyshit so its like going to the corrupt police officer telling them they hes corrupt and should arrest himself <.<

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Willl
Worth a try I'd say. Those posts don't show respect for kmccabe at all as well as making him feel unwelcome simply because his opinion differs. This seems in direct violation of Darren's "respect your fellow posters" criterion in that "debate" about moderation, so let's see what happens.

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

TX
Something did happen!

Five of the reactions to kmccabe comment got deleted. Now only a comment of KEK and Eternal Density is still there. Of course now that the other comments got deleted, it is less clear that they wish for a portcullis or an Asgard Hammer because they think that kmccabe is a troll and they wish him gone. Those remaining two comments should have been deleted, too.

But still, a win for us!

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

AdamTM wrote
Well ill complain too then.

Problem is, the SGU forum is ruled by Skyshit so its like going to the corrupt police officer telling them they hes corrupt and should arrest himself <.<
well she seems to adore SGU (while she hates the last two seasons of SG1- and rants on and on about it often....) especially Rush... I got modded because I commented that he needed a bath in Air (ok I said it often...c'mon...standing there next to RDA in his spiffy uniform, Rush looked like he had just crawled from under a bridge....I can't imagine the military NOT having a "dress code" for contractors!)and then after trying to watch several eps I conjectured that he might be clinically depressed (due to the loss of his wife?)...well I do have a psych degree  and he fits the profile.  She decided I was being too mean to the squeedrones (by getting them all up in arms that I dared say there favorite character was mentally ill!) and I got a 3 day ban then nearly got booted. But here I can say it!!!! would someone please PLEASE give Rush a bath!!!!!!!

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Phasevariance
WHY do people even bother with Gateworld? If people cannot say what they want without getting there posts deleted then WHY even bother post there at all?.

Sounds like a bunch of board nazi's to me with double standards.

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

WHY do people even bother with Gateworld?
Because it can be fun to troll around on there sometimes and take the piss

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Rac80
piginpoo wrote
WHY do people even bother with Gateworld?
Because it can be fun to troll around on there sometimes and take the piss
for me it's a matter of principle...she wanted me booted, I appealed (nicely) to a couple of other mods and said "i'd do anything"...so she gave me six months moderation hoping I would say F off, but I didn't...so now she holds my posts as long as possible but has to post them... i am being good and I KNOW it is pissing her off!

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

good for you. its the little things in life that make it enjoyable

hey one of my simple joys in life is pissing others off!  so little effort, so much satifaction!

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

stonelesscutter
Hehehehheheheh
They look VERY excited about the new episode
But they're not exactly watching it in HD I think

Re: I just cant take it anymore....

Canceltheturkey
stonelesscutter wrote
They look VERY excited about the new episode
Like I say, doesn't take much to get a SGU fan excited.

stonelesscutter wrote
But they're not exactly watching it in HD I think
That's why I've been hearing how good the special effects are.

You see it all just comes down to the demographic Coop/Wright were trying to court. Better throw in Mallozzi, he's some executive now too isn't he? The Three Stooges.

I think you invented the perpetual motion machine, How'd Mallozzi get his hands on it?
12