If you still watch SGU, Why?

There is a poll on the hompage and it says that like 56% of ppl still watch SGU. Im just curios as to why?

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

King Piccolo
You realize,  if you dont have a nelson's box then scifi and MGM  won't know if you watch it or not, You have to be registered with the nelson program to even be counted.

Trying to boycott the show into cancellation is impossible, Believe me Ive already gone through this before with Startrek Enterprise. Their was a group of trekers who went even further then that they wanted the show declared "Un-canon" and they also wanted Rick Berman and Brannon Braga to be fired, B&B actually were dumped by paramount but not directly as a result of a handful of disgruntled geeks living in their mother's basements  .

Don't even bother trying to get the show canned , Your best hope is to petition Scifi and MGM into pressuring the producers and writers into making radical changes to the show, The ratings need to be noticeably lower but still salvageable for that to happen.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

King Piccolo
I dont see how major Loren could be brought in given the circumstances, I do agree that Lt stiffler scott needs to die.

I have a idea of how to both get rid of the stones and Chloe , Have the stones get shattered while Chloe switched bodies with a female scientist on earth, Have Elyse Levesque play a new character who is trapped in Chloe's body.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

Anoymous
Why don't you all shut the fuck up about SGU. Just be glad that there is a stargate show on TV as of right now. Hell be glad that there is something on at all. If you actually took the time to watch and understand the show then you would know what is going on. Instead tho every one here puts so much time to figure out a way to cancel the show they don't even bother to give SGU a chance. It's retarded on how you all are bickering about this.

SGU has a lot of potential. I understand there's no "shooting, killing, and explosions". But give the show a chance. Hell if you would of took the time to see the next episodes preview you notice that some one on the ship dies this time an stays dead. An the murder is on the ship.

So do every one a favor and shut the fuck up. Give the show a chance, and chill out for a bit. As I stated the show has a lot of potential. Even tho the show has HUGE shoes to fill, it's doing it quite nicely and slowly. SGU is different from the other SG Shows, and I personally welcome it. It's time for a change of SG writing. I mean hell they still deal with conflicts of everyday life, and being stranded doesn't even help the matter. Just think about it. Just once just think and wonder what in some case you where on a boat, plane, or a freaking car in the desert or something with a bunch of people. WTF are you going to do? Would you kill them just to live longer? Or go insane an know that there is people there to help you get through it.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

King Piccolo
Anoymous wrote
[...]

Ive given the show more slack then I would've given to any other show simply because it was stargate, Why should I be glad that they replaced a decent series "Atlantis" for something mediocre!!  Ive tuned in every week right up to "time" and instead of getting better it has gotten worse.

I agree that those who think they can cancel the show are being foolish, Regardless the show is still dull and melancholy, Its a soap opera and even a really boring one at that. Its actually closer to "defying gravity" then Stargate.

I am for fixing the series , I think this show will be lucky if it makes it to season 3 if it stays the way it is now.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

Leo(T.C.K.)
The show is simply terrible and I am not watching it even on the official site or TV (rather I get it from another source), the only good episode so far was maybe time...the rest just sucks more or A LOT FUCKING MORE.

Really....they shouldn't have cancelled Atlantis goddamn....

SGU needs more action, a lot less fucking drama, more humor (and good humor) perhaps and most importantly....

It needs more KHAAAANNNNN!!!!
[img]http://img.trekmovie.com/images/khaaan.jpg[/img]

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

King Piccolo
SGU humor consists of Eli giving hackneyed jokes about movie lines, Then having doctor Rush frown at him.

I good idea for a humor on SGU, would consist of Lt' Scot sticking his penis in a gun barrel and having it go off.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

King Piccolo
Notice how all the trailers in general consist of Dr Rush yelling and screaming, Tune in and you can find what the good doctor is screaming about!!

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

Will
Anonymous wrote "Just be glad that there is a stargate show on TV as of right now."

Stargate's key features: Adventure, loveable characters, humour, aliens, action, exploration, morality, allies, villains, cool technology, fun, consistency, believability, intelectually stimulating storylines...

What SGU lacks: Adventure, loveable characters, humour, aliens, action, exploration, morality, allies, villains, cool technology, fun, consistency, believability, intelectually stimulating storylines...

Conclusion: SGU is NOT STARGATE.

Imagine if a long awaited sequel to Lord of the Rings was released, and it turned out there were no warriors, elves, dwarves, orcs, wizards, fighting, adventure, action, dragons, villains, heroes, etc, but instead it was a story all about which desperate housewives of Hobbiton are sleeping with each other. Would LOTR fans be happy? Would any fantasy lover be happy? No, they'd feel conned and betrayed. This is how Stargate and Scifi fans feel about SGU.

I think back to that tingle of excitement that used to accompany the words, "Unscheduled off-world activation!", and I mourn.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

Abydos1
That sums up pretty well what made me a fan of the Stargate franchise to begin with.

Especially humor.  I like a show that has a sense of humor.  I don't think Eli is funny at all, he's just a geek who makes bad movie jokes.

Re: If you still watch SGU, Why?

alien0-2