Just stop arguing.

TX
Just stop arguing. It doesn't really matter anymore. What was done was done. There will be soon two forums. Everyone can decide for themselves, if they want to only post in one of them, both or none in the future.

Re: Just stop arguing.

Rac80
EXACTLY!!!! you know I raised a daughter and her teenage years had less draaaaaaama than I have seen occur at the two websites over the past week or so! I like people on both sites, just tired of the whining and bitching and moaning.

Re: Just stop arguing.

j.Vinsett
Yes please. For all the time I've been lurking at this site and having enjoyed all of your posts I have to say you guys worked better as a team than trying to tear each other down.

Re: Just stop arguing.

Willl
J. Vinsett wrote
Yes please. For all the time I've been lurking at this site and having enjoyed all of your posts I have to say you guys worked better as a team than trying to tear each other down.
So why exactly are you trying to advocate a course of action that you yourself state would result in both sites tearing each other down?

Re: Just stop arguing.

j.Vinsett
I advocate nothing. I merely asked a dear friend the status of forum posts with no clear Terms and Conditions applied and she was highly interested in hearing about it.  What I saw was total disregard for the forum posters when they asked in the former board that their accounts and content not be moved to some other website.

Re: Just stop arguing.

Overmind Two
Banned User
Where did you come from anyway? From what I see over there at GF they have removed lots of accounts and lots of threads too. What are you basing your claims on? You almost seem like a troll fanning flames. Your advice is not helping anyone here and could lead to even more problems than there are already.

Re: Just stop arguing.

j.Vinsett
Believe as you wish. I was giving an option to the middle ground (the posters/fans) since the two seperate websites doesn't seem to hold what they say with high regard.

Re: Just stop arguing.

If you have a look at the new site you will see the main thing now is getting even with people on their new enemies list. I've seem the whole revelling in paranoia thing before in dealing with the Victor episode. The psych term is transference. Gayteworls is not giving them their fix right now so they're looking here. Expect screen shots to start appearing.

I'm sure most of it's because things didn't work out the way the so called "Overmind1" thought they would.

"Traitor's List"? Give me a break.

Re: Just stop arguing.

J. Vinsett
*Yawn*  been there seen that.

JR

Re: Just stop arguing.

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
If you have a look at the new site you will see the main thing now is getting even with people on their new enemies list. I've seem the whole revelling in paranoia thing before in dealing with the Victor episode. The psych term is transference. Gayteworls is not giving them their fix right now so they're looking here. Expect screen shots to start appearing.

I'm sure most of it's because things didn't work out the way the so called "Overmind1" thought they would.

"Traitor's List"? Give me a break.
I can't agree more!

BTW: Didn't OM break several forum rules by removing / altering posts in the SGU Sucks VB Forums shortly before he took them down? I was lurking there when joojoobee posted a non-in-the-line-with-the-allmighty-OM post and only minutes after his post was edited, the text removed and replaced with a :confused: smiley ...

Doesn't it say on the SGU SUCKS front page that your post will never get deleted and you will never get banned for what you post? OM not only edited joojoobee's post but also banned him.

I've been hanging around here since the very beginning of the forums. I never joined because anything I would have contributed had been posted already by other members. It was comforting enough to see and read that there were other people out there, thinking like I did.

I have seen the up and downs of the forums. I even learnt who is manipulating whom. Sadly, you couldn't speak freely without becoming an outcast. (This was another reason why I never joined!)

As for now, here is how I see the situation and I will gladly stand corrected if you guys can convince me otherwise.

I think that OM planned all along to be the head of everything. I realized this first when he lost the entire forums and didn't even communicate for weeks. Not even the site owner had any idea on what was going on.

When that other guy came forward to set up a new forum, everything was fine until OM entered the stage again. Up to now, OM still owes an explanation why he couldn't notify the community for weeks when he lost the forums.

These days, OM has nothing to do but trying to clean his west by telling everyone how hard he worked on the forums and that everyone owes him. That is really laughable! Setting up a forum script doesn't take long and most of the things that needed to be done had been done by other moderators anyway. That he provided his hosting for free and now talks about he should charge for his services, well, again: laughable! (And this reaction truly shows what character he really is! If I give something away for free, I will not bother to mention it again in future in case I get into a disagreement with that person, but that is just me.)

The last milestone:
A mysterious report of the illegal usage of the VB software. Who other than OM would profit from this? Wasn't this the perfect backdoor to simply shut down the old boards and go on with the new GayFan site?

I could write much more but thinking of all this jerky mess simply turns my stomach around.
We probably will never know for sure and maybe OM is as innocent as he claims to be, I really don't know! In that case I owe him an appology but as of now, I can only speculate on what I see (= read) and remember ... !

JR

Re: Just stop arguing.

Sabella
You know, JR, I think I have a screen shot of joojoobee's post of which you speak -- before it was altered.  I'll see if I can find it..

Re: Just stop arguing.

A lot has gone down lately beginning 2 weeks ago. I don't absorb everything that goes on. I'm not that big a squee that has to monitor several boards 24/7. But so many things have fit into a pattern such as the recent pissing match about who the REAL computer expert is and things like that. Do we really have to know? And that's coming from the top guy?

What I'm seeing out of them towards me just now is pretty low and petty in spite of my long history here. Like I say, someone seems to thrive on this message board conflict stuff. Truthfully I don't know why a few people ever went over there. Maybe they're having second thoughts after watching the show.
JR

Re: Just stop arguing.

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
A lot has gone down lately beginning 2 weeks ago. I don't absorb everything that goes on. I'm not that big a squee that has to monitor several boards 24/7. But so many things have fit into a pattern such as the recent pissing match about who the REAL computer expert is and things like that. Do we really have to know? And that's coming from the top guy?

What I'm seeing out of them towards me just now is pretty low and petty in spite of my long history here. Like I say, someone seems to thrive on this message board conflict stuff. Truthfully I don't know why a few people ever went over there. Maybe they're having second thoughts after watching the show.
I agree. It is time to leave all this behind and wait and see what the management is planning so that we can all move forward.

Re: Just stop arguing.

Anderson
Will - as usual the voice of reason! :)
Who are these guys that start showing up out of nowhere to instigate a fight between the 2 sites? Who wins with this? We should concentrate on getting SGU°S up and running in time for the last 10 episodes and not on following advice from people who never supported either site. My 2 cents...

Re: Just stop arguing.

Willl
Mr. Anderson wrote
Will - as usual the voice of reason! :)
Who are these guys that start showing up out of nowhere to instigate a fight between the 2 sites? Who wins with this? We should concentrate on getting SGU°S up and running in time for the last 10 episodes and not on following advice from people who never supported either site. My 2 cents...
Indeed. While I have my own opinion regarding the legalities of what went on and the subject is perhaps interesting from an academic perspective, in my view the whole discussion is moot as nobody is going to be taking "legal action" against anyone over ownership of a bunch of forum posts, libel, slander, "costs", or anything else. Anyone who would actually consider genuinely doing any of that needs a reality check. The whole notion is totally absurd.

I do however find a lot of what people are now saying as a result of 1 post by a single newly registered user extremely disappointing. Didn't we all deride brush-tarring of communities when other sites did it? Didn't we all laugh and joke about how squeedrones simply took "facts" at face value without stopping to actually think about or question them? This is NO different to the whole "death threats" thing that everyone got worked up about. In fact the situation between GF and this board looks so similar to me in so many ways to what has gone before between GW and SGUS except instead of the "SGU squeedrones" vs "SGU haters" it's "overmind squeedrones" vs "overmind haters". I'm almost starting to feel that in truth the only actual difference between what we once called the SGUS community and the "GW squeedrones" was that they liked SGU and we didn't, and the fact I am even entertaining that notion makes me very sad.

Clearly there is a lot of anger and hard feeling between the remaining admins of SGUS and Overmind and they have a right to question his actions and the truth of what he says just as he has a right to question their actions and the truth of what they say. They have a more involved history with each other than us regular contributors and I'm not going to try to tell either party to "just forget it".

What I don't like is that that conflict is now expanding to become "SGUS vs GF". The very same people who were adamant that this was not a "split" or an "us and them" situation are now doing and saying things that are obviously doing nothing but turn this into "us and them" situation. People should be able to contribute to whichever site they want without feeling they have to "pick a side" in the dispute between the remaining SGUS admins and overmind.

well said as always will.  there seems to be a lot of flame fanning here and it is sad to see. I am like you and want to see peaceful co-existance.  i have people I enjoy chatting with posting in both sites, hell I've been a member here (nabble site) since jan 2010. I haven't seen any "enemies list" or "traitors list" at Gatefan, nor have i seen any intention of starting one.  (the Rabid Fan's list simply became mine by default and once SGPOO is done so will be the list.) I don't know who the newbies are - seems to smack of trolling, IMHO simple as that. Too bad that "outsiders", as it were, are able to fan the flames.

Re: Just stop arguing.

Canceltheturkey
Rac80 wrote
well said as always will.  there seems to be a lot of flame fanning here and it is sad to see. I am like you and want to see peaceful co-existance.  i have people I enjoy chatting with posting in both sites, hell I've been a member here (nabble site) since jan 2010. I haven't seen any "enemies list" or "traitors list" at Gatefan, nor have i seen any intention of starting one.  (the Rabid Fan's list simply became mine by default and once SGPOO is done so will be the list.) I don't know who the newbies are - seems to smack of trolling, IMHO simple as that. Too bad that "outsiders", as it were, are able to fan the flames.
Well you aren't going to find it in the Family Guy section.  As John Wayne said: Do I have to draw you a picture?

Like I said, that guy thrives on all of this and I'm not feeding his little addiction now that USO, Pig, Robbie and a few others are gone or banned. It's really a shame we didn't go with Victor at the time as we would have a stable site to work under without the subterfuge going on behind the scenes.

Re: Just stop arguing.

US06154
Canceltheturkey wrote
Rac80 wrote
[...]

Fear Not Good CTT, I, USO, and the good piggy, Slayer of Trolls, the bringer of light, etc., etc., are all still here. We will help to raise this place up from the ashes, like a soaring Phoenix..
(any crap that may fall upon Gayfans while our phoenix is soaring is strictly unintentional)

Re: Just stop arguing.

Willl
Rac80 wrote
I haven't seen any "enemies list" or "traitors list" at Gatefan, nor have i seen any intention of starting one.  (the Rabid Fan's list simply became mine by default and once SGPOO is done so will be the list.)
This is probably what they mean, rac.

http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/1598-OH-MY!-I-have-to-close-SGUS-tonight-at-midnight!?p=39301#post39301

Re: Just stop arguing.

Rac80
Oh, i see that now. Sorry guys, I have been dealing with RL and hadn't seen it.  I have expressed my displeasure there about the bad feelings between the two sites. We all used to get along, or at least tolerate each other, but now it seems to be a flame war within when the real enemy is without- the trolls who will come out of their holes the 7th of March when sgpoo returns for it's FINAL TEN EPS! (applause applause!)
123