Just to let yall know...

I am going to be extremely busy with school, until the end of the month. While most of you don't care this will mainly effect Overmind, and the work on the forum transfer. I'm sorry for the delay but, an education is kind of important.

p.s. I think it is really cool, that we get people from 27 different countries, that visit our site. From USA to Canada, Australia, Russia, and so many more. That proves that its not just a set group that don't like SGU.

Re: Just to let yall know...

US06154
Hey, No worries there. Education does come first. This is only entertainment.

Re: Just to let yall know...

Knowledge is power - go get some.

Re: Just to let yall know...

Good luck in school!!!  I'm sure you'll do great, and make yourself and everyone else around you proud.

Re: Just to let yall know...

Re: Just to let yall know...

Don't worry, Sucks Season 0.5-1.0 will be starting when you return.

Bin there dun that, good luck.

Re: Just to let yall know...

Hey, buddy.  Here are some posts to take into consideration when you return:

Robbie Rocketpants wrote
"This website is awesome, kudos to you SGU_Sucks_Webmaster!  You are leading the way with this website with it's threads & registered users which seem to be growing in numbers daily but sadly, not at an exponential rate.  From what I have found the best way to get across any kind of agenda & increase strength in numbers of your followers is through such mechanisms as viral advertising & social engineering - the best place I've seen this happen is of course.................. Facebook.

I myself have joined a few anti-SGU groups on FB but the largest group numbers at best only in the hundreds.  I truly believe that there is a much greater proportion of SG fans who despise SGU than are repesented by the FB groups, web reviews, this site & others like it, the problem comes with the fact that most people who hate it are unaware of the damage it will do to the franchise - they watched it, they hated it, they switched off & got on with their lives & probably arent as passionate about the cause as we are so aren't proactively looking for websites such as this.

The answer I would suggest (if it hasn't already been attempted) is to increase people's exposure to the movement by creating your own group(s) on FB with links to other sites including this one in some kind of linked topology.  Let's put it this way, If I can be a member of a FB group I saw entitled "World Cup 2018 for England" (& I don't even give a flying fuck about football) then I'm sure you would have no problems increasing your membership & general awareness of the cause."
I think you were looking into this at one point... I'm not sure what became of it. Sounds like it could work.

Here's a suggestion for new posters to the site:

AdamTM wrote
- Hey admin, how about if we make a member introduction post that gets stickied, just to keep everything in one place?

- Oh btw Admin, another suggestion would be to have a FAQ thread/post on either the forum or the main site with debunked arguments.
You know like complaints about this site, or defenses of SGU we all heard so many fucking times it gets tiring to respond to them.
Then you can just hotlink them to nabs on gitworld
I think these makes sense.  You could caption the thread for newbies with something like "Welcome! If you're new, post here first to introduce yourself to the group" or whatever.  I think it could be good.  Sometimes I miss saying welcome to new people, but then again, someone here always does.  So, either way works.

The FAQ can work for the reasons that AdamTM mentioned, as well as for my reason when I mentioned it a while back:  It can potentially increase traffic.  This ties in with US06154's suggestion on the metatags that I think Kobe was helping you with before.  If you decide to do the FAQ and the Episode Guide, then you can add "Frequently Asked Questions,"  "FAQ," "Episode," and "Episode Guide" to your metatags to help increase traffic.  Whatever you decide, I look forward to seeing it when it's set up for the April 2nd start up of season 1.5, or 1.0., or .667, or whatever they're calling it.   Thanks.

UPDATE:  I just thought of this.  I guess I should volunteer to help with writing/collecting the various arguments/facts that define the anti-SGU stance for the FAQ if you decide to do it, that way it's not just a bunch of work that you (or you and Kobe) have to do.  I'm sure other people might be willing to pitch in too.

Re: Just to let yall know...

hey, i will look into it at the beginning of March. Right now I am just SO BUSY with school and what not. It will calm down starting in march and ill be able to do more here. but until then......
 webmaster@sgusucks.com ~