LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Spaceman XIII
From http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/smith-on-sgu-this-is-a-transition-for-everybody/

      To be completely honest im tired of the endless criticisms. It has gone way past constructive criticism and became downright sad. For example on sgusucks.com there just posting pictures of monkeys and saying they would make better writers, The Queen saying she does not approve etc. To me they have made a mountain out of a molehill.

      I completely agree that SGU isn’t perfect, it has it issues but there nowhere near as bad as some critics have been saying.

      I just don’t see the point behind continued criticism: Bashing SGU is not going to bring Atlantis or SG-1 back. Its a deluded thought that if SGU is cancelled that they will ‘take note of there mistake’ and bring back Atlantis. I don’t mind those who just want some improvements here and there but we have went way beyond that.

      If you don’t like SGU that’s fine but there are those that do, its rather selfish to go ‘If I can’t have my Stargate then no one else can have theirs’.

      At the end of the day it is just a TV show, the way some of us have been acting it backs up the image of what some people believe fans of science fiction to be like (The kind that go to Star Trek Conventions dressed up in a starfleet uniform calling each other captain & stuff).

      Tanith | February 18 @ 11:25 am
This is funny, this idiot claims he is "tired of the endless criticisms", and yet he watches SGU, which revolves around everyone criticizing everyone else, screaming and yelling with negativity.

Rofl Tanith, stop talking with their dicks in your mouth.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Tanith
Any point of what I said you would like to dispute or are you just going to insult me?

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Spaceman XIII
Tanith wrote
Any point of what I said you would like to dispute or are you just going to insult me?
You said you are "tired of the endless criticisms" and yet SGU is all about endless criticisms. You are complaining about one thing but not the other.

So that pretty much disqualifies you from being respected as a human being on here. I've lost count on how many times you've done this, and I've already told you before, if you spread any more BS you will be ridiculed.

That sickening feeling in your stomach is exactly how normal people feel when the bunch of morons on SGU keep screaming and yelling over simple basic crap.

As someone on Amazon's SGU review said: Constructive criticism implies the show can be fixed, it can't.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

@ Tanith:

What makes you Sooo sure, that Atlantis Will NOT be brought back? Stargate Franchise is a business, not someone's home made movies as a hobby.  When SGU fails (Yes, I said When, not if), They would re-evaluate of what's selling, and guess what? Atlantis is STILL Selling, better than SGU on DVD and Bluray. So what's stopping them from saying, Crap, Backpedal, and fast.

If Stargate Atlantis is not that interesting, I wonder why a certain website (whose name shall not be mentioned) *Cough*suckworld*Cough*.. IS re-visiting Atlantis second season. don't tell me that there are no other topics of interest whatsoever to discuss???

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Tanith
I just find it improbable. If SGU were to get cancelled then I would think that the Stargate franchise will either become dormant later to be rebooted (ala Star Trek) or at best the movies will be made (which might still happen regardless, who knows what will happen when MGM is bought).

If shows were brought back solely on the basis of how popular they still were after cancellation then series such as Firefly would have been continued rather than just a single movie to provide some closure.

Firefly example is irrelevant, different boss different habits, MGM doesn't fuck around when it comes to money.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

@ Tanith

Thank you for the recognition of my work and advertising it for me in other places.

However, I seem to remember that it was pictures of monkeys with typewriters, not just monkeys and yes they would make better writers in my oppinion.

The picture of Her Majesty had a caption saying that she " was not amused ". Not that she did not approve as you have stated.

This is not a mountain out of a mole hill. This is us taking the piss out of probably the worst show in the history of television in a light hearted fashion. If you are unable to understand this then perhaps you should not visit here or be prepared to face riddicule when you do and get your facts all wrong as usual.

In the meantime I will continue to create works of art in the same vain as the others in the hope that it will get your back up some more.

PS I thought that the pictures of the destiny should also get an honourable mention too as they are brilliant - look them up if you need a laugh (or depressant in your case)

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

I will glady argue in an adult manor. I do agree, I'm doubtful of the return of SGA and SG1. But if we all kiss up when we really don't like it..wouldn't the writers continue on this track? Since the people in the suits don't seem to listen to the fans but the ratings. I guess our voices will have to be heard from the ratings..meaning thus, not watching the show.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

PWNed Again!

     So the producers, the actors and gateworld boy scouts like Tanith is sick and tired of criticism and negativity?

I find that quiet unbelievable and amusing as SGU is ALL about criticism and negativity from top to bottom.

SGU is dark, slow, boring and depressing and everyone is screaming at each other.

For someone who claims SGU is the new best thing you would have thought these people would also enjoy the constant criticism, screaming and negativity to the show itself.

hawkeye2 | February 19 @ 7:43 am
Thought this one was particularly funny.

Re: PWNed Again!

Spaceman XIII
Overmind One wrote
Shitgate Unicrap.
LOL, brother One is as precise as always

Canceltheturkey wrote
     So the producers, the actors and gateworld boy scouts like Tanith is sick and tired of criticism and negativity?

I find that quiet unbelievable and amusing as SGU is ALL about criticism and negativity from top to bottom.

SGU is dark, slow, boring and depressing and everyone is screaming at each other.

For someone who claims SGU is the new best thing you would have thought these people would also enjoy the constant criticism, screaming and negativity to the show itself.

hawkeye2 | February 19 @ 7:43 am
Thought this one was particularly funny.

There were more but Gateworld mods removed the last paragraph.

They removed 2 paragraphs from 2 of my comments today, but they left my other comments alone.

Now that I know how the Gateworld automatic filter works and where the bottom line of the mods is. You can expect me posting there more often.

So the likes of Tanith needs to watch it, there are many ways to ridicule nonsense without even being offensive, there is no more home court advantage.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Leo(T.C.K.)
I agree with that Cooper still seems to have it. But if they went back on writing the old shows and movies, I don't think it will be as bad as stargate universe. But yeah I would get rid of Wright and possibly mallozzi as well, even though he could write some action packed episodes or made them fun to watch, they were not really deep and lost consistency.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

I think all of them pretty much lost it, up there, in their heads.

I'll copy a line from my blog how i think SGU is written:

Serious Business wrote
I can't take this faggotry anymore, stop this shit right now! Cooper, Wright, you listening to me? What the fuck do you think you are doing? Did you suddenly forget how to write proper shit? Are you just phoning in your scripts?

WTF people, did you just kind of outline the plot to Frank from Accounting and then told him to write some crap that would seem really cool?

I can totally imagine your creative process:

Ok, Frank here are your tag words for this weeks episode:

Sex, melodrama, Telford, Sand-Alien, Dr.Rush, Water and Cheese Sandwich, KNOCK YOURSELF OUT!

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

They should get new writers if they are going to do the movies as the last two seemed to be a bit rushed. I thought that they didnt give enough thought to how SG1 should end and squashed a whole series into 2 hours each time.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Insomnium
Hostility aside, would it be fair to say that those who want people negative feedback to go away are, well, "in for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong haul." ?

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Insomnium wrote
Hostility aside, would it be fair to say that those who want people negative feedback to go away are, well, "in for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong haul." ?
Yes, SGU will be remembered as the #1 epic fail in all sci fi history.

The dead horse will continue to be beaten, whipped, kicked, spat and stomped on. And after its remains slowly rot into a glob of liquefied flash and evaporates out of existence, its spirit will continue to be cursed for generations by all races across the entire galaxy.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

US06154
I heard that the Lucian Alliance attacked the Icarus base because they wanted to acquire the 1st 10 episodes of SGU to use as a method of inhumane torture for prisoners from SG1.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

Spaceman XIII
US06154 wrote
I heard that the Lucian Alliance attacked the Icarus base because they wanted to acquire the 1st 10 episodes of SGU to use as a method of inhumane torture for prisoners from SG1.
LOL

Btw my sources tell me they have changed their name to the Losers Alliance.

Re: LOL Tanith @ Gateworld is spreading BS again

I checked out the latest comments at Gayteworld and I must say, Just WTF is up with this Tanith & Siba? Do they spend their entire lives defending some lame worthless TV show? I understand a lot of people didn't like Enterprise. I liked it. So what? I didn't devote a rat's ass to hounding people that didn't. Who would spend so much of their time defending it if they were not involved with it?

SGU is high priced donkey shit that will probably cause the collapse of Stargate. That's the facts as they stand at this point. In the words of the famous William Shatner, "For Gawd's sake people get a life".
12