Let the Games Begin!

Canceltheturkey
Time for a new thread. Looks like it's party time this weekend over at Gayteworld and you're all invited:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/for-cryin’-out-loud-free-expression-on-gateworld/

So far Blackhawlk has weighed in and a few mammoth posts have followed. SGUsucks.com already has one mention. The internal arguments have started even before the appearance of perennial prissies Siba and Tanith.

I'm looking for several pages before it winds down by Monday. This looks like the big one. Better get ready.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Spaceman XIII
Canceltheturkey wrote
Time for a new thread. Looks like it's party time this weekend over at Gayteworld and you're all invited:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/for-cryin’-out-loud-free-expression-on-gateworld/

So far Blackhawlk has weighed in and a few mammoth posts have followed. SGUsucks.com already has one mention. The internal arguments have started even before the appearance of perennial prissies Siba and Tanith.

I'm looking for several pages before it winds down by Monday. This looks like the big one. Better get ready.
This canonfodder guy sounds like Tanith's dark side:

"I like SGU, but I am happy to hear criticism of the show. However.....*starts bashing*"

This hypocrisy is the hall mark of Tanith, and this guy also begin his BS with "<*Insert Tanith style tampon feelings here*>".

I guess after being called a boy scout a few times he injected himself with hormones and changed his writing style.

However, hormones don't improve IQ and the whole post still have no logic and is still all about his deep seated girly feelings.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

just dropped off this little parcel for them over at gayteworld - another example of the poor use of the English language

@tanith
you have asked that we post criticisms in places that make seance.
this implies that you want us to talk to the dead.
SGu isnt there yet but it is only a matter of time.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

I had not posted at Gaytworld for a loooong time. But had to Let one fly, just for Good Luck

Don't really care one way or the other if it gets moderated or released. I like to a call a crap weasel, a crap weasel. without saying "Oh look, an Ermine".

Re: Let the Games Begin!

@US06154

Re: Let the Games Begin!

US06154
So what Darren is saying: "The point is not that people don’t have a right to say anything, but that they have a duty to treat the home owner and the cook with respect when they say it"

Heh hehe.. So in future whenever anyone responds to an article at gateworld, they will have to pick one of these canned answers.

__ Darren is Good, Darren is Great. This article simply changed my life.

__ I Totally agree with Darren, Huh? Chad Colvin Wrote It?, I still Agree with Darren.

__ SGU is awesome, I will name my first born SGU (did I Mention Darren Is Always Right)

__ Darren's Pot Roast is Great, Mallozzi agrees, and His kids Look real swell too. (try not to steal the silverware)

Oh and you can criticize his eldest and second son to death, but god forbid if you even attempt to hint anything negative about the new born who has different skin, eye and hair color, and whose face resembles more like the milkman than her father. You'd receive the duct tape treatment.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

US06154 wrote
So what Darren is saying: "The point is not that people don’t have a right to say anything, but that they have a duty to treat the home owner and the cook with respect when they say it"

Heh hehe.. So in future whenever anyone responds to an article at gateworld, they will have to pick one of these canned answers.

__ Darren is Good, Darren is Great. This article simply changed my life.

__ I Totally agree with Darren, Huh? Chad Colvin Wrote It?, I still Agree with Darren.

__ SGU is awesome, I will name my first born SGU (did I Mention Darren Is Always Right)

__ Darren's Pot Roast is Great, Mallozzi agrees, and His kids Look real swell too. (try not to steal the silverware)
Time for our yearly Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test!

Question #10

Who is indisputably the most important person Gateworld: He who shelters us from the harshness of the SGU haters, and to whom we owe everything we have, including our lives?

1  Darren Sumner
2  Darren Sumner
3  Darren Sumner
4  Darren Sumner

also inb4 teh modsquad

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Spaceman XIII
AdamTM wrote
"I am not interested in respect that has not been earned, especially if it is in the way of free speech and freedom of expression" (c) AdamTM

Very well said!

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Thanks

I just get so pissed at moderation, i was a mod on several forums over the years, and nothing makes me go rage more than a mod misusing his power.

For example i was a mod at ephilosopher.com and rationalresponders.com, both forums had a very tough policy....

ON THEIR MODS

On RRS mods were not allowed to delete posts at all. Only admins could move posts. Mods were there only to fix posts that had bad formatting (people posting pink text on blue background), wrongly embeded pictures etc. You were basically a cut-down editor.
And those people deal with religious and other wing-nuts all the time, yet the forum was one of the most civil ive ever seen. Sure there was a lot of Snark and sarcasm, but insults were very rare.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Darren will have to confess to his sins at Gayteworld, and as penance, say this prayer 1000 times.

Hail Gaytey
Full of disgrace
The ‘lozzi’s with thee
Blessed were thou, amongst fan sites
And Fabulous was the show
Atlantis.

Holey Gaytey
Lover of SGU
Pray for your Indiscretions
Now and at the
Hour of your demise
Amen.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

I expect they may not hold many back on this one. Page two already. I'll get around to kissing ass there eventually. And who is TokTanith?

Yahoo seems to put piginpoo's replies in the spam folder. I wonder if it's the pig or the poo that triggers it?

Re: Let the Games Begin!

a true super hero never reveals his identity
i was surprised that they let that user name go as well.

self moderating posts at yahoo as well then

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Re: Let the Games Begin!

This looks like the next battlefront....better batten down the hatches.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Ya it's like you have to say the correct password "I love you, but you suck" before talking about specifics.

My turn:

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Re: Let the Games Begin!

So far it would seem that the pro SGU brigade are staying for the most part reticent on the censorship debate. Is this an indication that they acknowledge that we are correct or do they really not have an answer to offer that does not involve the phrase "stop bashing the show" or "dont watch it if you dont like it"?
Most of their posts over there sound like small children having a tantrum because their sweets have been taken from them and the backs of their legs slapped for being impetuous.

Re: Let the Games Begin!

Now I'm being called a troll by the mods because i disagreed on the "fact" that the ratings for SGU are great, so much for "respectfull"

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?72954-Has-Stargate-Died&p=11258039&viewfull=1#post11258039

Re: Let the Games Begin!