March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

US06154
HEY ALL..... I am doing a happy dance.. ( be thankful you dont see me, dancing around in my shorts)...

IT'S A GO!!!!! Yeah... we're back in business baby....

More info to follow.. (Sorry to be cryptic)

We have wonderful people to help us be up and running...  Big brotherly hugs to all.. I am Excited !!!!

Final phase of testing the forum...

Great news.

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Pass the brain bleach dude

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Canceltheturkey
 Does that mean we have to go back to drinking again?

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

I never stopped

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Yay!
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

JACKS
Happy Days are here again my beloved SGU°S is coming home!
"Dr. Chandra?...Will I dream?" - HAL 9000
"Anna Mae Bullock do you hear me woman!" - Ike Turner

Thanks for the image. I'm going to push a soldering iron into my temple now.

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

US06154
Update: Finally moved into our new home (permanent home). we are now finishing cleanups. it's been a long day for our heroic volunteers. two of them worked without sleep, through last night. friends, we are indebted to you. Soon, it will be time to break out the champagne

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Tropicana
US06154 wrote
It sounds good thus far US0.  I can't wait to see it!

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

US06154
 yes, I'm really happy. had another productive session this morning, tuning the forum. now waiting for tptb for a final meeting online..

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Willl
Awesome! *bites nails in anticipation*

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Will it be online before the episode airs today?

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

US06154
we are now waiting till the domain info gets propagated through the internet.

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

TX
US06154 wrote
we are now waiting till the domain info gets propagated through the internet.
OK ... and what does that mean?

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Canceltheturkey
TX wrote
US06154 wrote
we are now waiting till the domain info gets propagated through the internet.
OK ... and what does that mean?
It takes a day or two to get the DNS to all co-operate and match the address with the machine that's generating the files.

If you registered a dot.ca address you would receive a visit from the RCMP at your door and you would have to entertain them with poutine and fries and sing O Canada in both official languages as proof in order to keep your domain. That reminds me I have to change my contact name. I have a new dog and I'll have to have them update their registration files. Nothing says a dog in Canada can't have a domain as long as it's a Canadian dog. WoofWoof.ca

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

JR

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

JR
Overmind One wrote
It only takes 2 hours, not days. You will be told that by your host, but the DNS servers update on the internet between 2 and 4 hours on the same day the DNS changes are made. In some cases (like with the DNS provider I use which is DNSexit), it takes 30 minutes. When Skyler and I made the DNS entry for forums.sgusucks.com, it propagated in only 45 minutes. You will be good to go when you ping the domain name and it returns the IP of the host server. I hope you guys are up tonight! There is lots of fun to be had with this "premiere".
Excuse me but this is a whole lot of ... ... ... nonsense!
The DNS has not only be updated between you and the domain name service provider but it needs to be "propagated" around the world, meaning, every ISP around the globe has to get this update into their databases. This can take up to 72 hours until every user can reach the new destination.

Some users might be able to access the new place within a few hours, others have to wait until their ISP synchronized their DNS database. Sorry, this is just how it works!

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Sabella
A little something to start off the festivities?  No, not in celebration of SGU tonight, but to the resurrection of our beloved SGUS!!!

Drink hearty, mateys!  There's more where that came from.

~

Re: March 05, 2011 - The Phoenix is ready to fly - Again

Willl
JR wrote
[...]

In the meantime, could us addicts dying of SGUS withdrawal in theory reach it directly by IP address if we knew the IP? :P
12