More bullshit spins at gateworld

SGU Sucks
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/01/syfy-announces-final-2009-sgu-ratings-summary/

rofl @ the comments

================
blackhawlk | January 7 @ 5:27 pm

      The spin is becoming so rediculous now it’s laughable. SGU dropped one million viewers from its first to its 10th episode and seemingly this is a sucess. Why is DVR suddenly now the holy grail while last year DVR wasn’t even considered in the overall ratings.

      Lets at least wait for SGU to finish its entire season before its compared to SGA. Where is this younger audience then if SGU is averaging 46 year olds, isnt that what SGA was averaging or slightly older. Where does this 51% increase come from then as the GW threads are full of teen/twenty something males.

================

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

AdamG
I dont see how dvr ratings are even meaning-full considering people just skip the commericails. I bet theyll start mentioning how many people download the episodes illegaly soon so that the numbers are even higher. I bet even if SGU is cancelled one day the spin will be that people werent ready for something so 'new' and 'innovated'.

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Hahhaa, I saw that one too. I think the younger audience just grew old, while waiting for the episode to get to the point, in their weird ass "Arc Driven" story lines. It's a good thing I stopped watching it, 'cause I'm 44, and if the same metamorphosis happened to me.. it would be, “We are here today, to mourn the passing away of our dear friend US06154, who at the tender age of 44, suddenly aged to 88, and had a massive stroke while shaking his fist and screaming his head off at the TV. It seemed that he was watching an episode of SGU called “Death”, where no one really died, but the entire crew just had severe cases of indigestion (to bad writing)..

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

"Syfy out-delivered its upscale viewers by +11% among Adults18-49 with $75K+ income and +17% among Adults 18-49s with $100K+ income"

So, What they are telling us is, there's a whole bunch of people, 18-49, with $100K+ income, sitting at home on Friday Nights, Watching SGU?. With that kind of money to burn, these people must be living a sorry assed life. Hey Kobe, let's get a list of these peeps, and show up at their doorsteps with a couple of twofours, and show them how to really have a good time..  I'll bring my SG1/SGA box sets.

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Yeah, another press release to tell us how friggin successful this crapola supposedly is. I wonder if SyFy ever read their own forum? Trying to justify the SGU failure by dumping on SGA numbers.

Fact is they've lost a million viewers, had terrible reviews from the press, and generated sites like this one. Some boilerplate BS won't get me to watch it ever again.

Average age 44? That's sure delivering their younger demographic? Any stats on how many Chinese Lesbians it's attracted? Seems like an awful lot of BS jammed down our throats just to PO the existing SG franchise viewers.

Truth is we're only going to get more spin and baloney from Gateworld. Can't really blame them. Bridge dumped a flaming shitbag on them and they'll have to grin and spin for at least another 4 months.

The way I see it the only way out is for someone to buy MGM, and cancel season 2 citing poor ratings. Just chop down the weed before it starts costing again. Then the genius behind this mess can blame it on corporate/financial like they always have. If they hadn't done all the stupid things they did with SGA it would still be around and this bad dream would have never happened. I don't think those arrogant pricks have ever listened to their fans. Too busy patting themselves on the back for those imaginary shelves of Emmys the believe they have.

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

TypicalFan
Malozzi reminds me of several people I have met in my business dealings. He has a social inferiority complex, and he lacks the background and refinement to get the respect of his more upscale writing buddies

This really explains why he wears that suit all the time and eats expensive("aquired taste") food.  He probably just wants to live it large while he can until sgu kicks the bucket.

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Great post!  I agree 100%.

@ KobeSBM and TypicalFan

Yes.  And the sad thing is that he "thinks" he's actually fooling anyone that counts in that little world.  I know my updates are critical, but he doesn't really allow them to be anything but that.  Just when I start to think he might have a soul, he goes off and does or says something that lets me know that he sold it to the devil waaaay back, a long time ago.  And for what?  To be a lap-dog and a yes-man?  He wants to be admired, but I don't want his life.  Who would?

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

I've had to work with a several of these "social climber" types in corporate America myself.  And you know what?  They always end up being used and then dumped in some kind of way because their desperation to be "part of the club" makes them repulsive to those that belong.  Then, once they've been dumped and humiliated, they have no where to go because they completely disowned their real friends (and sometimes family too) in their attempts to cover up, or at least play down, their humble beginnings.  He should just be who he is, if he even remembers.  That, I could respect.  But this other BS?  No.

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Canceltheturkey
Anyone think SG 200 "Marty" was modeled on Mallozzi? LOL

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

TypicalFan
LOL so true!

MITCHELL: Okay, for starters, *looks to notepad* I think you need a strong opening title sequence.

MARTIN: *laughs* Are you serious? No one does that anymore. You just throw up the title and get on with it

and SGU coincidentily has no opening theme.

TEAL'C: Is that not too convenient? MARTIN: Not if you hang a lantern on it.

JACKSON: What's that?

MARTIN: It's a writer's term. Another character points out how convenient it is. Dr. Levant can say, "wow, that was great timing. That way the audience knows I intended for it to be convenient, and we move on.

lol just like how the Destiny is conveniently on autopilot and brings them to whatever planet they currently need.

MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love "weapons at maximum."

MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.

*cough*...

MARTIN: No. Nora--she's great. But since nick Marlowe is holding out, one of the new junior executives at the network has suggested we re-cast the whole movie with younger, edgier versions of the team. Can you imagine that? *Jackson's eyes drift upwards as if imagining it

LOL perfect description!

PUPPET HAMMOND: What? It has to spin. It's round. Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general. I want it to spin. Now!

Hence our new spinning white stargate

Re: More bullshit spins at gateworld

Atlantis4Life
Whoa.  I casually said that this show is like the 200 parody.  But, I hadn't seen that episode in a while.  This is proof.  LOL.  I would be rolling on the floor laughing if it weren't so sad.

@canceltheturkey

Yeah, now that I think about it, they could have written that episode with Joe Mallozzi in mind.  And, the actor even kind of looks like Mallozzi.
                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!