New Layout

I changed the layout of the site. A lot of people said that the old one was not wide enough so this one is wider. Let me know how you like it, and if you don't tell me if you want me to try something else or go back to the red layout.

~Thanks~

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

SGU Sucks
Excellent!!! Very sci-fi ;)

(can you cut out the extra black space on the very top? just to cut down the scrollings)

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

classicgatefan

Re: New Layout

Yes, This layout is much better.. Now to go back and edit my Signature block to match the background..

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

Overmind One wrote
Look in HTML and remove <br> or <nbsp> until its gone.

Here is the HTML according to Weebly, I don't see <br> or <nbsp>

--start code--

<head>
  <title>%%TITLE%%</title>

</head>
        %%CONTENT%%

--end code--

As for the image on top, I can make it smaller but there will be a lot of empty space around it. I use Weebly, and its a pre designed layout. It wont let me change the size of the Header. I will upload a smaller one to show.

--edit--
Its really pixelated, but thats because I used Paint to just quickly shrink it.

--EDIT--

I think I may have figured it out. There are several editing options including HTML, CSS, etc etc. Anyway I found the coding for the top of the site and will fix it tonight. for now I put the regular image back up. I will make an actual banner type and it should be up by either tomorrow or Sunday.

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
change <div class="weebly_header"> to <div class="weebly_header" style="margin-top:-80px;">

it should move the logo upwards 80 pixels no matter what is there

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

I like the new look, and the wider layout.  My signature is finally in the middle of the page.  But, I can understand if that's not okay for others.  So, change what you need to.  My only suggestion would be to put the name of the website ( SGU Sucks! ) back at the top of the page, at least on the home web-page.  That was the first thing that I noticed, that it didn't say SGU Sucks! above the picture with the red circle and the line going through it.

It's fine if that doesn't happen, though.  It's your website, so you should like what you're putting up.  It's great that you ask us for input, but you should go with what you like.  Everything looks good as-is to me.

Re: New Layout

Overmind One wrote
I dunno...I think he should try it, but this is using a wrapper and that means that the CSS for the wrapper may include the top portion of the pages. But since he can change the width of the forum, he should also be able to get rid of the space at the top.
Yup, the empty space is caused by the <div id="sitename">, it has a height of 63px and top padding of 25px

There are many ways to get rid of it, the solution I provided was just one of them.

Other solutions (pick just ONE will do):
1. change <div id="sitename"> to <div id="sitename" style="display:none;"> (simple)
3. delete <div id="sitename">%%TITLE%%</div> from the template (might hurt google ranking)
4. change <div id="wrapper"> to <div id="wrapper" style="margin-top:-80px;">

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

Hows it look now?

Re: New Layout

Spaceman XIII
SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
Hows it look now?
Excellent, straight to the point!

You might wanna change it to:

SGU Sucks

The

 helps improving and maintaining position in the search engines :)

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout

Re: New Layout