New Poll at SuckWorld

US06154
Okay.. I got suckered in with rumour about Jason Momoa role as Conan the barbarian. (btw, I did like Jason Momoa, but they wrote a crappy role for him in SGA)

Then I saw this Poll, and I really started to laugh. They were asking "who was the most likeable character on SGEuuuuu" (I apologize for the crazy html formatting formatting)

Name Votes Percentage
Nicholas Rush 830 30%
Everett Young 282 10%
Matthew Scott 170 6%
Tamara Johansen 145 5%
Eli Wallace 953 35%
Chloe Armstrong 89 3%
Ronald Greer 215 8%
Camille Wray 24 1%
Col. Telford 39 1%
So it looks like the geek shall inherit the earth (or atleast the votes)

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

AdamG
LOL suckworld.... I love how chloe is at 3%....Cannot stand her at all....

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

The Chloe votes have to be a joke.

I was watching SGA S4 DVD extra material and there was a funny quote from Mullie. Something like if you lose the audience on the characters there's no point in continuing with the production. That has to be the funniest thing I've seen since this SGU dog was unleashed on us. Time index 3:40 on the Season 4 in Review or something.

Seems like Lou Diamond Philips needs to find another job. Funny how these clowns all looked so good in the press kit, eh? I don't even find Carlyle making his Hitler face all the time to be especially interesting either. What a waste of talent.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

classicgatefan

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Another Poll: How much time are you giving Stargate Universe to hook you?

Consideration Votes Percentage
Just the pilot 53 7%
First half of Season One 103 13%
All of Season One 237 30%
More than the first season 77 10%
I'll watch regardless 270 34%
I haven't watched at all 62 8%

..So, There's a good 34% of viewers out there, that will watch this show regardless??? I am at a loss for words...

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Canceltheturkey
So 28% of people entering the suite have checked out already. But there should have been another option - Earth. It's not just me, I read a lot of web comments that Earth was the last straw.

BTW I watched the Caprica pilot last night and it looked OK to me. I'd rather give that one a chance after seeing the current massacre of Stargate.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Hi all

This is my first time here.

Has anybody else realised that the percentages add up to 102% on this poll?

I have tried to vote several times but have been unable to as the site will not let me ! more censoring and number spinning I guess.

My vote would have been for cutting this crap loose after 10 episodes as it has bored me to tears.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

US06154
Hah, I knew IT!!, if D&D tried to pass of as geeks or nerds or what not, Math probably was not one of their choice subjects. I'm trying to remember if I ever bullied an art nerd in my life. I wonder what they put in THEIR pocket protectors.. A Paint brush and a couple of tubes of paint?

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

AdamG
welocme to the furom!, Personally i found many polls are esily manipulated online anyway i dont trust them. Sides its only 270 people they have listed there.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Welcome Piginpoo!

Yep, I've noticed.  The other poll at the top comes out to 99%, and it was still like that at their website the last time I checked.  But, they do that a lot.  I've also had trouble voting there at times.  So, I don't tend to take their polls too seriously.

My vote is the same as yours.  I say chuck this show and do something else.  It's better to either go back to the casts that we love from SGA/SG1 or to start over with a new and potential winner instead of trying to turn bad into okay.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

I say they should bring back Atlantis for at least a movie or a 6th series as there is still so much more that they could do with it. As many people have said though, I doubt if that will ever happen now as TPTB are too far up their own arses to admit that they made a mistake when they cancelled it.
A wise man once said that pride comes before a fall and I cant wait for SGU to fall. It shouldnt take long as it is nearly at rock bottom now !!!

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Atlantis4Life
Exactly, Piginpoo.  Exactly.

Since I know you and a few others like Torri (me too), here's a video of her talking about SGU that I came across on the blog today.  She almost made me forget how much SGU sucks.  She's smart, too, because I think she knows how bad SGU is but she's taking the diplomatic (i.e. Weir) and staying positive about SGU.  But, they've all done that (Rachel, Joe, etc.).  There are some good actors on the show, but the scripts don't do them justice.  She's right about the character stuff with Atlantis; many of us wanted more of that and there wasn't a good enough balance.  SGU is the complete and utter and extreme opposite of that - the crazy character soap opera stuff kills the show!

Here's the link if you're interested:

http://sky1.sky.com/stargate-torri-higginson-talks-universe

Anytime I see an interview from one of the SGA people, I just can't understand why TPTB let it all go...

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Canceltheturkey
Good find on the video. May I translate it from BS to English? I believe she said, "They cancelled SGA to produce this shakey steaming pile?" And what was that noise she made at the start? Sounded like a turkey gobble LOL.

In any case like a lot of others she is aware of the forthright fan criticism of SGU. She got a real bum rap thru TPTB on Atlantis. Then again no one will know the real story. If any of you have watched the disc extras, Gero was asked and wasn't talking.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

classicgatefan

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Atlantis4Life
What makes you think that? To me it sounded like she liked it and was honest about it. OK, she's an actress, so she could fake it I guess, but if she really thought it was bad, wouldn't she have been a bit more neutral about it?

What makes me think that is that any actor is going to be diplomatic about how they answer questions.  It's a part of the job to do interviews.  She's not just chatting with a friend in her living room.  I think that she was being honest about SGU having some good actors, and I agreed with that.  I also think that she was being honest about how sometimes Atlantis was a little too plot driven, and didn't have enough character moments.  And, I said that.

I DO, however, think that she was being diplomatic about not knowing where SGU:90210 comes from.  That's my opinion.  Just like it's your opinion that she wasn't.  Neither one of us can really know.

And, another thing.  I'm noticing what could be some hostility coming from you.  Are you upset?  And, I don't know where it's coming from.   If you are, then just get it off of your chest and say why.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

US06154
We are here to discuss Why We don't like SGU, hopefully not get get into conflict within our group. We need to focus our attention at:

1. Gateworld and or Gaytworld (Yes, I do think that's funny). It's not because I'm homophobic, actually far from it. I lived in Columbus, OH, and worked at a Hospital, where there must've been the most amount of Gay people/capita in the world (okay i'm just throwing out unsubstantiated numbers). Shit, most of my true friends are the gay ones, and they know what I mean even If I call something, "dude, that's so gay". Gay because one can't help it, is no sin. But if one is being "gay" is because it's hip, or different, deserves an ass kicking., But Gateworld decided to censor our posts, so that's why it's okay to call them whatever. okay, moving on. I have great taste in clothing (unfortunately not my own) and Shoes, Home Decor, Food and Music. But that comes from travelling almost all over the world, different cultures, and keeping an open mind. In my late twenties, early thirties, I was the best metrosexual Friend to many of my long term good friends.

2. Mallozzi and his bunch of cohorts, or as I like to call them, the axis of evil. They screwed us six ways from Sunday. Of course they deserve our wrath, icluding name calling, evil thoughts, and dirty looks.

3. SGU. because it's a barrel of laughs, to make fun of this steaming pile of Horse Shit.

We should not grab passing comments aimed at someone else, become a personal insult to ourselves. Let me give you a good example. I was in Columbus during the 9/11 incidents. My ancestors were from Portugal, AÇORES to be exact. But I am from the east Indian Colonies. Moving on to the story, one day, I go to this Vietnamese/thai restaurant that we frequant often. There were these two white guys who looked at me and mentioned something about a "towel head". Did I get mad? nope, because:

1. I am not a "Towel Head", don't wear towels, rags, turbans or underwear on my head (Okay maybe when I get drunk) .

2. I am Catholic, all my family for over 7 generations are, from both parents sides

3. I have a True Christian name, and my Patron Saint is St. John the Baptist, given at birth, not assumed when I came to North America like "Chris Doubledeckerbus"

The point is, It would have been easy enough to call the two guys out and beat the crap out of them (since most of the patrons were my friends or acquaintances working for the same employer), and perhaps even the restaurant staff would have joined in. :). But what's the use? Ignorant Bastards will BE ignorant bastards. "A mountain does not collapse because a stray dog starts barking"

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Atlantis4Life
US06154 wrote
[...]

That sums up exactly how I feel.  That's why I want to get everything out on the table so we can move on to the reason(s) why we're really here.  Metrosexual is the exact term I was thinking of, too.  It's when a straight guy takes care of himself and cares about his appearance (but not in a vain way - that's just lame).  My uncle, the ex-military man (married with 5 children), used to get manicures and pedicures with the clear polish added.  I do home manicures/pedicures, but I don't use the polish.  He used to harp about how important it is to take care of your hands and feet.  And, women do notice if you don't.  Most women don't want a girly guy, but most do want a guy that takes care of himself.

But, I digress...

I try not to take things to heart too much because there's always the chance that I'm being too sensitive, or it's just not worth it most of the time even if I'm sure of what the person is saying.  "Pick your battles" is what my mom used to say.  And, I agree with that.  We've got a nice little community here, and I'd like it to stay that way.  I want everyone to feel welcome (  ) and accepted.  This can only happen if people feel free to express themselves without having to defend it every single time.  Don't get me wrong; I don't mind answering questions.  I just don't want it to get to the point where we all have to attach a disclaimer to everything we post, because then SGU wouldn't be the only thing that sucks.  That would suck too.

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

Re: New Poll at SuckWorld

SGU Out on DVD and BluRay, Dont Y'all rush out at once and empty out the shelves. These make great coasters, and the empty cases can be used to store your downloaded Internet Porn, Because no one would EVER look to see what's inside. Suggested Retail Price: 1 Million Dollars... Dealers may sell for the price of a cup of coffee, or a used condom. People who are willing to wait can grab a copy from the Dollar Store, in about a month.

From the Poll at Suckworld..

Consideration Votes Percentage
Yes! On DVD 3 18%
Yes! On Blu-ray 2 12%
No, I'm hoping for a full season set 5 29%
No, I'm not interested 7 41%
Still undecided 0 0%