Numbers (check the analytics page for this weeks numbers)

Numbers (check the analytics page for this weeks numbers)

Since you all want info, I can provide it. I will post I guess weekly update on site traffic, and what not.

--

Feb/22/2010 - Feb/28/2010

-----------------

1,870 visits came from 41 countries/territories

Country - Visits - Page Visits - Avg. Time On Site - % New Visits - Bounce Rate

1. United States     869      5.44   00:07:16 38.55% 20.71%
2. United Kingdom   336   7.99 00:11:21 27.38% 10.71%
3.
Canada
        186 2.97 00:03:09 19.89% 60.22%
4.
Germany
        133 5.62 00:08:24 43.61% 20.30%
5.
Netherlands
        50 4.26 00:06:36 14.00% 22.00%
6.
Poland
        49 12.14 00:27:22 8.16% 4.08%
7.
Australia
        37 4.78 00:06:17 94.59% 35.14%
8.
Czech Republic
        35 8.60 00:17:44 14.29% 11.43%
9.
Brazil
        23 6.52 00:12:07 30.43% 26.09%
10.
Austria
        22 7.18 00:16:21 9.09% 9.09%
11.
Sweden
        13 2.15 00:01:10 76.92% 46.15%
12.
Ireland
        12 5.08 00:02:30 66.67% 0.00%
13.
Argentina
        10 4.30 00:09:43 0.00% 0.00%
14.
Luxembourg
        10 4.20 00:02:54 0.00% 10.00%
15.
New Zealand
        9 4.89 00:03:17 100.00% 11.11%
16.
Romania
        8 4.00 00:04:00 100.00% 37.50%
17.
(not set)
        8 5.12 00:05:37 50.00% 0.00%
18.
Finland
        7 4.71 00:03:06 28.57% 14.29%
19.
Belgium
        6 3.00 00:01:07 83.33% 16.67%
20.
France
        5 2.40 00:01:03 100.00% 40.00%
21.
Switzerland
        5 7.40 00:04:58 80.00% 0.00%
22.
Estonia
        4 2.75 00:08:28 75.00% 25.00%
23.
Norway
        4 7.50 00:03:54 50.00% 25.00%
24.
Puerto Rico
        4 3.75 00:06:03 75.00% 25.00%
25.
Denmark
        3 5.33 00:06:05 66.67% 33.33%
26.
Slovakia
        3 1.33 00:00:17 66.67% 66.67%
27.
Cyprus
        2 4.50 00:02:58 100.00% 0.00%
28.
Bahamas
        2 5.00 00:05:17 100.00% 0.00%
29.
Italy
        2 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
30.
South Korea
        2 3.00 00:01:59 50.00% 50.00%
31.
Spain
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
32.
Hungary
        1 6.00 00:01:17 100.00% 0.00%
33.
Greece
        1 3.00 00:02:15 100.00% 0.00%
34.
Colombia
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
35.
Kenya
        1 10.00 00:27:24 100.00% 0.00%
36.
Israel
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
37.
Uruguay
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
38.
Saudi Arabia
        1 7.00 00:03:34 100.00% 0.00%
39.
Russia
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
40.
Slovenia
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
41.
Sri Lanka
        1 4.00 00:01:16 100.00% 0.00%

Re: Numbers

Atlantis4Life
Awesome!!!

Re: Numbers

Phasevariance
Those numbers will continue to rise more than likely.

Re: Numbers

Canceltheturkey
Phasevariance wrote
Those numbers will continue to rise more than likely.
Yes, isn't there a season 0.5-1.0 campaign plan in the works?

Re: Numbers

stonelesscutter
Nice going with the numbers
What's that bounce rate by the way?

Re: Numbers

Bounce rate is the percentage of single-page visits or visits in which the person left your site from the entrance (landing) page. Use this metric to measure visit quality - a high bounce rate generally indicates that site entrance pages aren't relevant to your visitors.

http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=81986

Re: Numbers

stonelesscutter
What about page reloads?
I have noticed that everytime I reload a page to see if there's new posts the counter adds 1.
I have several tabs open with various posts since I hardly ever shutdown my computer anyway.
Also I frequently reload the main forum page to see about new threads or the latest posts people have made.
How do these things get taken into account with the numbers you've provided? For instance that bounce rate, does that potentially have anything to do with page reloads?

Re: Numbers

It adds reloads to the forum counter however there is a counter on Google Analytics that counts Absolute Unique Visitors. For this past week we had

    * 781
      Absolute Unique Visitors

I'll try and remember to post that from now on.

As for Bounce rate, that is the % of visitors that leave from the same page they land on. For example if John Doe from Hong Kong lands on the Home page and instead of looking around he just leaves. That gives us bounce rate. If he is the only person from Hong Kong to visit that week, then the bounce rate would be 100%. but say Jane Doe shows up and looks around that would make it 50%. Does that make since?

Also would you all rather I make a page dedicated to this or just keep posting it on the forum?

Re: Numbers

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
It adds reloads to the forum counter however there is a counter on Google Analytics that counts Absolute Unique Visitors. For this past week we had

    * 781
      Absolute Unique Visitors

I'll try and remember to post that from now on.

As for Bounce rate, that is the % of visitors that leave from the same page they land on. For example if John Doe from Hong Kong lands on the Home page and instead of looking around he just leaves. That gives us bounce rate. If he is the only person from Hong Kong to visit that week, then the bounce rate would be 100%. but say Jane Doe shows up and looks around that would make it 50%. Does that make since?

Also would you all rather I make a page dedicated to this or just keep posting it on the forum?
I'm actually quite impressed, 2k visitors a week with 20% bounce rate is very good.
GW of course clocks significantly more around 52k uniques a day. But given the site is around and its THE portal for any Stargate news, not surprising.

What we need is to put the Forum more prominently on the front-page.

Community generation should be our biggest concern, theres a lot more active SGU haters out there than we syndicate in these forums.

Re: Numbers

Well I could either

A) Make a large link to the forum on the home page

or

B) Change the landing page to the Forum

what do you think?

Re: Numbers

1,725 visits came from 36 countries/territories

Country - Visits - Page Visits - Avg. Time On Site - % New Visits - Bounce Rate

1.
United States
        703 6.97 00:09:40 32.01% 16.93%
2.
United Kingdom
        340 8.26 00:12:28 24.12% 10.88%
3.
Canada
        185 3.94 00:07:01 24.32% 41.08%
4.
Germany
        154 5.40 00:08:00 41.56% 22.73%
5.
Poland
        95 11.18 00:24:43 5.26% 15.79%
6.
Netherlands
        87 4.14 00:07:20 5.75% 24.14%
7.
Czech Republic
        39 10.21 00:14:23 23.08% 28.21%
8.
Brazil
        26 5.00 00:08:08 15.38% 11.54%
9.
Australia
        21 4.81 00:06:27 47.62% 28.57%
10.
Luxembourg
        10 4.40 00:02:56 0.00% 0.00%
11.
Norway
        7 9.57 00:17:36 85.71% 14.29%
12.
Ireland
        5 3.80 00:01:30 20.00% 0.00%
13.
Belgium
        5 4.40 00:08:19 60.00% 0.00%
14.
France
        4 5.50 00:03:14 100.00% 25.00%
15.
India
        3 1.33 00:00:10 33.33% 66.67%
16.
South Africa
        3 1.33 00:01:13 100.00% 66.67%
17.
Finland
        3 17.67 00:44:18 100.00% 33.33%
18.
Argentina
        3 9.00 00:09:37 0.00% 0.00%
19.
Greece
        3 1.33 00:00:08 100.00% 66.67%
20.
Portugal
        3 2.33 00:00:26 100.00% 33.33%
21.
Bulgaria
        3 2.33 00:00:36 100.00% 0.00%
22.
Denmark
        2 7.00 00:08:59 100.00% 0.00%
23.
Sweden
        2 8.00 00:10:28 50.00% 0.00%
24.
Venezuela
        2 3.00 00:01:50 100.00% 50.00%
25.
New Zealand
        2 4.00 00:01:02 100.00% 50.00%
26.
Austria
        2 16.00 00:47:52 0.00% 0.00%
27.
Slovenia
        2 2.00 00:02:17 100.00% 50.00%
28.
Romania
        2 2.00 00:00:31 100.00% 50.00%
29.
Croatia
        2 9.00 00:29:50 50.00% 0.00%
30.
Tunisia
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
31.
Lithuania
        1 2.00 00:01:37 100.00% 0.00%
32.
Russia
        1 6.00 00:01:01 100.00% 0.00%
33.
Turkey
        1 3.00 00:00:46 100.00% 0.00%
34.
Pakistan
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
35.
Thailand
        1 1.00 00:00:00 100.00% 100.00%
36.
Hungary
        1 5.00 00:01:12 100.00% 0.00%

Re: Numbers

I created a page/forum dedicated solely to the numbers.

Re: Numbers

stonelesscutter
When I visit this site I basically just visit the forum.
So in my opinion changing the landing page to the forum might be a good idea.
What do the regular visitors think about this?

Re: Numbers

Just putting a banner up on the frontpage that links to the forum would be enough, we still need a news section on the front page and a short site description.

If required i can provide the banner.

Admin, ill whip up a new layout for the site at the end of the week and you can tell me if you like it.

Are we running on some specific web-software or other restrictions? Or can i use full HTML in Dreamweaver basically making a layout from scratch?

Also, really? banner D is winning? :P

Re: Numbers

AdamTM wrote
Admin, ill whip up a new layout for the site at the end of the week and you can tell me if you like it.

Are we running on some specific web-software or other restrictions? Or can i use full HTML in Dreamweaver basically making a layout from scratch?
The themes are HTML and CSS

here is what it says when i click import theme:

Custom Theme file format details:

    * A zip file named [your theme name].zip
    * Template layout data in a file called index.html
    * Style information in a file called main_style.css
    * All image files associated with your theme
    * All files must be in the root directory of your zip archive. Any files in a subdirectory will not be imported

Also if i click +new blank theme here is the HTML

<head>
  <title>%%TITLE%%</title>
</head>
      %%MENU%%

and the CSS (i added this and dashes)
*|* {
  margin:0pt;
  padding:0pt;
}

body {
}

p {
}

h1, h2, h3{
}

#wrapper {
}

#header {
}

#sitename {
}

#navigation {
}

#navigation ul {
}

#navigation li {
}

#navigation a:link {
}

#navigation a:hover {
}

#navigation a:visited {
}

a:link, a:hover, a:visited {
}

#content-wrapper {
}

#content {
}

#footer {
}

#footer-content {
}

Re: Numbers

Spoke too soon, Laptop graphics card blew up and my other boxes wont run photoshop.

I can still make the banner at work though if time allows. Else i need to wait till the laptop comes back from service on monday

Re: Numbers

Phasevariance
@Canceltheturkey  Yes, it's so painfully obvious isn't it.