OMG, it's ...

Canceltheturkey
So I'm working my way thru season 5 / 09 Between Two Fires (I watch the real Stargate 24/7) and who shows up on the big screen?

OMG It's .... Tanith!

Well as you can imagine that evoked a series of shits and giggles. Tanith in my living room! Quell horreur!

Funny how you get rid of him one place and then he shows up somewhere else to torment you.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Anderson
JR

This seems to be the one big story I'd missed out on SGUS due business travel. Any chance of filling me in on what happened after Tanith joined the forums and confessed that he now hates SGU? As you might have seen in another thread, I am very interested in drama such as the Mary and Gilbert story, and since there is nothing worth watching on TV right now ... ... ...

Re: OMG, it's ...

Canceltheturkey
You may not have noticed but I was never a big Tanith fan. Welcoming Tanith was Overlord's purview and I'm sure he'll receive a hearty welcome over at the new Goatfans. I heard they rolled out the third gate just for him.

Working thru season 5 I was watching Wormhole Extreme last night and I had a good laugh when Hammond declared the new show was so bad it would likely be cancelled. How's that for prophesy?
JR

Re: OMG, it's ...

JR
Canceltheturkey wrote
You may not have noticed but I was never a big Tanith fan. Welcoming Tanith was Overlord's purview and I'm sure he'll receive a hearty welcome over at the new Goatfans. I heard they rolled out the third gate just for him.

Working thru season 5 I was watching Wormhole Extreme last night and I had a good laugh when Hammond declared the new show was so bad it would likely be cancelled. How's that for prophesy?
What did that Tanith guy do after he joined? When I left for my business trip, he was on the 'Now I hate SGU' ride and when I came back, Tanith was gone and I never got the missing pieces.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Canceltheturkey
If I have it straight he was the driving force behind SGUawarness site and petitions. I'm sure he'll find a good home.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Tanith never said, that he hates SGU. But he started a thread with the name "You were right" (or something similar) and admitted that a lot of our critique points were right. At that point SGU got already very bad ratings and admitting that SGU has some problems was only common sense in my opinion. He was at that moment simply a realistic SGU fan, who acknowledge that the series could be better, in comparison to some other SGU fans on Gateworld, who still think that SGU is perfect as it is and that a lot of people are just too stupid to recognized the masterpiece, SGU is.

I really don't think that Tanith's behaviour is strange. He was always a SGU fan and never said he wasn't. Admitting that the series made some mistakes, doesn't mean that someone isn't a fan of it.

Re: OMG, it's ...

US06154
TX wrote
Tanith never said, that he hates SGU. But he started a thread with the name "You were right" (or something similar) and admitted that a lot of our critique points were right. At that point SGU got already very bad ratings and admitting that SGU has some problems was only common sense in my opinion. He was at that moment simply a realistic SGU fan, who acknowledge that the series could be better, in comparison to some other SGU fans on Gateworld, who still think that SGU is perfect as it is and that a lot of people are just too stupid to recognized the masterpiece, SGU is.

I really don't think that Tanith's behaviour is strange. He was always a SGU fan and never said he wasn't. Admitting that the series made some mistakes, doesn't mean that someone isn't a fan of it.
Given that the Sitename is/was sgusucks.com
Given also, that the thread Tanith started was You Were Right,
Logic Dictates that Tanith agreed that SGUSucked..
Now an open invitation to all Einsteins, Newtons and Hawkings to come disprove my theory..

Re: OMG, it's ...

Anderson
US06154 wrote
TX wrote
[...]

More than that. Tanith stated in his SGU°S post:
Well I'm man enough to admit that you guys were right in your predictions of of the ratings and that SGU's creation could be classed as being a mistake. It's most likely gonna get cancelled and the ratings for the most recent episode have confirmed that for me.

There is a lot that I disagree with you guys about SGU and in general I do like the show but the franchise may be in a superior situation if SGU was never conceived and we got a 6th season of Atlantis or if SGU didn't go down the character drama path as much as it did. To me if they didn't have the communication stone drama and made minor changes to everything else it would have been a much better show. I will admit that at the end of most episodes I did have a few "I wish they done this" moments.

I hope that you guys don't get the blame for SGU's cancellation as you really don't have the numbers to change anything on that scale. The show just didn't live up to its potential and the writers were out of their depth and that's why it failed. I also hope that you guys don't go about and rub it into the fans faces when it does finally get the axe.
Although this is his edited version of the post, there is enough there to get the gist of it: Tanith criticized the writers of SGU, "admitted" that SGU was flawed in its conception, never should have been done and that it was a mistake to cancel SGA for it.

But then, we find out that behind the scenes he is creating the SGUawareness site (and administrating it) and actively promoting the whole "save SGU campaign"! He stood behind the whole SGUnite thing and even attacked the guy who was campaigning for SGU on FB but also was a fan of the previous series (check the votes on the "shorty award") and because he didn't get along with TPTB of SGU . So people called Tanith out on the hypocrisy and he didn't take it well and never showed up again at SGU°S...

Re: OMG, it's ...

TX
And how does that disprove what I said? I said that he admitted, that SGU isn't perfect. That he said that some of our critique was right. SGU's ratings went down like we predicted and he admitted that we were right in this regard, too. SGU wasn't successful, which hurts the franchise. He was simply realistic, but was still a SGU fan. Even in the comment you quoted he said:
There is a lot that I disagree with you guys about SGU and in general I do like the show...
Again he never said, that he hates or dislikes SGU. He was ALWAYS a SGU fan. So I really wasn't surprised, that he started the SGU Awareness site and that he takes part in all kinds of other SGU fan sites.

There are some series and movies I really like, but I acknowledge, that they could have done some things better. It is possible to criticize a series, despite liking it. I think that is what Tanith has done. It was clearer in other post on SGUsucks, that he is and always was a SGU fans.

Re: OMG, it's ...

How about we all leave Tanith alone now before this place turns into a site where everybody gets bashed for not hating on sgu.

Re: OMG, it's ...

TX
piginpoo wrote
How about we all leave Tanith alone now before this place turns into a site where everybody gets bashed for not hating on sgu.
Just to be clear, I didn't want to bash Tanith. I was just surprised, that anyone thought ever, that he didn't like SGU. He was honest all the time about liking the series.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Lilith
We all knew he was a fan of SGU nothing has changed.  We or I appreciated the fact that he said the numbers were more in line with our predictions than his own.  That shows character and so what if he developed a website promoting a series that he enjoyed.  It didn't change the fact that as a fan he was disappointed at the cancelation and wanted to do everything that he could to  help the ratings.

I have no issue with Tanith and hope to see him return and post here one day.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Canceltheturkey
You people seem to have forgotten the fact that he was the in-house MASTER SQUEE at Gayteworld.

Re: OMG, it's ...

US06154
Bahahahaha, I think someone wanted us not to be hateful, and stop calling the other sites GayteWorld and GayFans.. but we are not being bigots, as we love our resident gay friends. (in a totally non homosexual way of course ).. it's a kind of.... well, release. to vent our frustrations.. If we called those other sites GoatWorld, PETA might get offended, and Goatfans.. well, we'd have a whole bunch of Animal Lovin' sadists wrath on our hands

Hmmmm, what to do.. What to say...

Re: OMG, it's ...

Lilith
He may have been but I am not a member of Gateworld and I'm only concerned with what he said here.  I'm aware by his own admission that he was one of best fans SGU will ever have and yet it still failed.  He was sad and I was sorry that he was sad but like we had to do when SGA was cancelled we handled it.

Dis shizz be crazy

Canceltheturkey
As well there are two areas of Gayteworld - the news page comments and the forum. I never enter the forums as there's crazy people there. I think I stated that a year ago. Pure obsessed squees with 10,000 posts under their belt and the like whose house is probably burning down around them while they exact revenge on some errant fan-dweeb that doesn't understand some squees there are  ... well did someone mention crazy?

I only know Tanith from the news end as he was repeatedly giving indications that he was well ... I remember hearing long ago that people send wedding presents to fictional soap opera stars when there's a wedding in the script.  C'mon, he was located in Scotland along with Darren and sure acted like he was an employee when the initial SGU S1 E1 shit hit the fan.

Re: Dis shizz be crazy

Lilith
I have to agree that he was over the top with his support of SGU and could have been far more that he disclosed to us.  I also recall that he was from Scotland as you stated and no doubt was connected to Darren and his following in some way.  I also never entered the forum and didn't check the news section either choosing to stay more on these boards and SYFY.

Since we all know that SGU will never see the light of day again once the last 10 episodes are aired our doggit pursuit of poetic justice is complete.  I say we all take a bow.

Re: OMG, it's ...

Anderson
TX wrote
piginpoo wrote
How about we all leave Tanith alone now before this place turns into a site where everybody gets bashed for not hating on sgu.
Just to be clear, I didn't want to bash Tanith. I was just surprised, that anyone thought ever, that he didn't like SGU. He was honest all the time about liking the series.
TX, did you even read my post? (clue: pay attention to the bolded and italic bits) - Nobody said Tanith claimed he didn't like SGU, where are you getting that from?

Once again:

   1. "...SGU's creation could be classed as being a mistake". = SGU should not have been created.

   2. "...the franchise may be in a superior situation if SGU was never conceived and we got a 6th season of Atlantis..." = It was wrong to cancel SGA for SGU.

   3. "...or if SGU didn't go down the character drama path as much as it did." = SGU was ill conceived.

   4. "...the writers were out of their depth and that's why it failed." = The writers of SGU did a poor job.

   5. "...the ratings for the most recent episode have confirmed that for me." = The show was cancelled because of low ratings.

All of those do not jive with:

   1. Designing and creating the SGUawareness campaign (not just taking part in SGU fan sites).

   2. Helping coordinate the SGUnited campaign.

   3. Engage in attacking TheDudeDean and his successful FB campaign just because he didn't get along with Brian's mother as well as ask for support of ALL Stargate efforts (not just SGU).

   4. Actively campaigning against Syfy because it "cancelled SGU without giving it a fair chance".

   5. The list goes on....

You will notice: I am NOT bashing Tanith. I was never rude or mean to him on this site, quite the contrary! But I also told him that I didn't believe his support of SGU was out of genuine love for the show but that he had an agenda. This is stating the facts and the timeline of what happened at SGU°S. Someone asked and I answered.

Re: OMG, it's ...

TX
My first comment about Tanith was in answer to JR's comment, where he wrote:
When I left for my business trip, he was on the 'Now I hate SGU' ride...
That gave me the strong impression that he thought, that Tanith said at one point in time, that he didn't like SGU. My whole comment to JR was about the fact, that Tanith never said that he didn't like SGU. He was always a SGU fan. Then you and US0 chimed in and it seemed to me, that you want to prove me wrong. So I thought you two also think, that Tanith said at one point in time to dislike/hate SGU and not being a SGU fan.

And for me personally Tanith's SGU critique "jive" with him being active in save SGU campaigns. I really think he "genuine love" SGU. Just because he was objective in the comment you quoted doesn't mean for me, that he has some kind of agenda. Tanith was for me always one of the most dedicated and active SGU fans.

12