Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

US06154
Today was the last straw. I had enough with Gateworld. I had (with the same USERID) relayed my displeasure with the Course SGU had taken with our Beloved Franchise. Just Like Seidman covering up for "James", Darren of Gateworld covers up for the Gateworld version of James, who goes by the name of Tanith. This person HAS to have the last say in defending SGU.

I was Permanantly shitlisted, because I brought up controversy. It is Ironic, that Tanith uses this Alias on Gateworld. This is the Character Info on Tanith (The actual Character Played on SG1):
A young and treacherous Goa'uld, Tanith murdered Teal'c's lover and infiltrated the Tok'ra as a spy. What Tanith did not know was that the Tok'ra were aware of his duplicity, and used him to funnel false information to the Goa'uld. He lived among the Tok'ra as a spy for Apophis, and entered the service of Anubis after escaping a Tok'ra prison cell (and a death sentence). Tanith was soft-spoken and self-controlled, and took great pleasure in cooly taunting his enemies --

So, Tanith’s a spy hiding in plain sight? Working for MGM, SyFy or the Studios?

My Last Message at Gateworld was deleted this morning. The content was:
Darren and David started a website, and garnered quite a following, riding on the fanbase of the Stargate Franchise. Joe Mallozzi mentions in a post somewhere; that it was he who recommended Gateworld to MGM as a publicity vehicle. So there it is. Cheap publicity via Gateworld, a few backstage passes, meet and Greetz, invites to parties. There’s nothing wrong with that. But then SGU comes along. Journalistic license be damned, it’s hard to report unbiased because, the freebee spring will immediately dry up. Even a possibility of licensing fees and threat of copyright infringements. That would have meant the death of Gateworld. They’d have nothing to report or podcast from that point onwards. So of course, they have a vested interest in making sure the posts and comments are scrubbed, the poll numbers doctored, and the James’s and Tanith’s are safe.

There’s about 6 who appeared out of nowhere, to be the defenders of SGU.
Tanith, Michael Sacal, Orion Coran, DarkElfa, SGUFanatic, StrangeCircus, abstractAlien. It would be interesting to find out who they really are, and what their agenda is.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

LOL, When I listen to the podcasts, I always chuckle. "This is Darren and Whoever, two Nerds..". I got into Computers in 1983 (Yes I am 44 now). I used to build my own Sinclair ZX81's from breadboard kits. Not an artsy guy trying to sound Nerdy (and I am trying my best to be polite). I was one of the first 5 people in the world to hack into Microsoft's then proprietary Windows media center software (2003), to make it run on regular OTC hardware. have a look at the same webarchive logs and look for johnsilva.homelinux.net. you can see from the images my userid I've used since 1997, when I was in the US working for the Technology Partner of the Olympics. If you figure out my current website , you'll see the places I've worked at and what my credentials are.  .The point I am trying to make is, as most geeks do, I was drawn into scifi at a very early age. So when I hear "haven't seen the 2 previous series before, but SGU is Dark and Gritty, and so mature SciFi" gimme a break. These Nitwits haven't even heard of Babylon 5 or Farscape or some of the other great series of the Genre. If I hear Dark and Gritty, and Mature SciFi once more (RE:SGU Of course), I'd likely to tear my own hair out.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

stonelesscutter
Hey there folks.
Not that I don't like hackers, coz I do.
And not that I like SGU, coz I don't really.
But please leave Gateworld alone.
It's my favourite website.
Where else would I get my info on what's happening in Stargate land.
If you want to be annoying regarding SGU, direct your attention to the blogs of the writers of the show or perhaps SyFy.
I think that would be way more funny and effective and wouldn't bother your fellow Stargate fans.
Just a thought.
By the way you can find me commenting on Gateworld too under the name mistergroenevingers.
And here's a link to a torrent I made for an alternate version of SGU.
Who knows, you might like it ;)
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5201778/Stargate_Universe_-_The_stoneless_cut_-_First_half_season

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Joelist
Agreed. Let's not start hacking websites because they get us upset. Overall GateWorld is a great resource.

That said, the selective editing going on is crap. It just shows they lack the ability to intelligently address the issues people are raising with regards to SGU.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

KOBE SBM
We are not not gonna hack Gateworld...LOL. But it IS frustrating that they selectively delete what they dont want to hear. Besides, WHEN Stargate Universe is cancelled before or after season 2, they will be about as relevant as the Terminator 4 website.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

stonelesscutter
All true.
I'm just still hoping that somehow somewhere SGU will take a turn for the better and all this shit up to now could be considered as a crap pilot.
I don't want Stargate to die.
Especially not like this.
I want those two movies a year they promised us like 4 years ago.
And I don't mean SGU movies.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Ahh, So mistergroenevingers, we meet again. I don't want you to live SGU.. I want you to Die... Bwahahahahhaa.. choke.. cough.. cough.. ( a little Bond Humor) Nah. we are just kidding around. Gateworld started off with a great concept. But Just like the Stargate Franchise, it forgot how it became famous. Treat the fans badly and they'll let you, In Kind.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

stonelesscutter
Indeed USO, we meet again
And like I said before, it's not that I disagree with you
believe me I feel exactly like you in most of the opinions that you've put forward
in fact at first I was airing those opinions but I noticed how my comments often got moderated
later on I adjusted my opinion slightly regarding sgu, but most of it still remains
hence my creation of the "stoneless cut"
a version of SGU minus all the bullshit with the stones and also minus the sex
I even removed some of the whiney scenes like the one about eli's mom from 'time'
the result is a lot more like sgu should have been though ofcourse it still isn't quite what I wanted from it
I can however not make up scenes out of the blue so it is what it is

but on a seperate note...
HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!
I realise it isn't yet in the states but it has been around here for a few hours
I wish you all the best for the year to come and this also goes for KOBE ofcourse

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Yeah, I didn't want to bring it up here or there, but what is it with that Tanith character? I don't have any interest in listening to someone trying to defend that crap.

I really wonder if Gateworld will be able to spend 4 months telling us how great a show that is so widely abhorred. Sure they have new actors to interview but every news story they post attracts the same backlash on usually the same points no matter what the news content is.

I'd really like to see them do a few podcasts just on why the show sucks so badly. Maybe phone up a few reviewers and put them on air. They really are living in a glass house these days.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Tanith
lol have people on here stopped to think that those "defending SGU" are doing so because they actually like it and believe what there saying?

God, the first post of this topic sounds so paranoid.

I truly do hope you meant what you said about being through with Gateworld btw, first step to getting back to meaningful discussion and constructive criticism. Even some naysayers would be glad to see the back of you since you represent the kind of naysayer that just comes across as a whiner who nobody wants to take seriously and hinders efforts by those who dislike SGU but want to get there point across in a way that doesn't piss people off.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

SGU Sucks
"meaningful discussion and constructive criticism"? What? Comming form you?

ROFL, you represent the idiots who cant put 2 and 2 together.

From what I've seen on gateworld, you've never shown any signs of having meaningful discussions, and have been pwned over and over.

Simply labeling them "Whiner" doesn't change that fact.

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

Tanith
Ah well cheers for the insult, Like I said in another topic I don't intend to stick around. Can find me on Gateworld & Stargate Worlds Forum.

@US06154 feel free to Google "Tanith0709" if you want more proof that I'm not mole/employee of MGM/Syfy/whatever (still get a kick out of that one lol).

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

US06154
Never realized you were reviled and getting pwned too at Gateworlds.com:

Tanith Getting PWNED..

SGU Sucks
MGM probably outsourced the white washing to india, that explains the poor spellings

Re: Permanantly Shit Listed at Gateworld

SGU Sucks
another gem from Tanith:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/12/syfy-cancels-sgu-christmas-day-marathon/?cp=3#comments

Tanith | December 23 @ 10:22 pm

But it isn’t just opinions that happen to be negative, I would be completely find with those its just the majority of comments by the naysayers have just been petty insults.