Posting.....

I made it so you have to register to post a topic and relpy. If you all want me to change it back to anyone can post just let me know.

Re: Posting.....

Atlantis4Life
It doesn't bother me either way since I have an account.  Don't know what others might think, though.

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

Don't worry, even the most resilient ones (me) ended up registering, so it should be fine for the rest

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

Overmind One wrote
If we use Wordpress, this place can look and feel like Gateworld. (they use Wordpress). I have a Wordpress site here which shows how the basic skeleton looks: http://www.pyramideon.com You can use any of the Wordpress "online magazine" templates to do that.

I have tried using Wordpress, I can't figure it out. I'll keep working on it http://sgusucks.wordpress.com/ but Its completely different from what I  am used to working with.

Re: Posting.....

Atlantis4Life
Kobe's right that this domain name is perfect.  And, pyramideon.com looks amazing.  I just don't like wordpress.  But, Mr. Mallozzi uses it too.  I don't think that Gateworld uses it for their forum.  Darren posted this message when they changed the forum design.

"Our software provider, vBulletin, recently released a major point revision: vBulletin 4.0. Our server administrator and I have decided that our policy is to keep up with the latest version releases, both for the sake of security and to continue to provide you with the latest features (and fixes). So, here we are. vB4 is a rebuild from the ground-up, including a new base template. Staying with our old design was not an option."

Just thought I'd throw this in because there might be a reason that they don't use wordpress for their forum, or not.  I trust you guys to pick what's right, though.  I'm still cool with whatever.  I can get used to wordpress if I have to.  Or, you could use it for parts/most of your site and not others like Gateworld seems to.  I don't know.  I like the forum the way it is now.

Kobe has some great suggestions.  The more I think about it, the more I think that it'll be good that people need an account to post when SGU comes back.

UPDATE:

Okay, I just checked and it looks like you might have to (or want to) use something else as an add on for a forum with wordpress if that's the way that you're going.  It looks like they've got something called WPforum if you want to stay with something of their creation, but I didn't get a clear impression of how well that's going to work.  Here's their page about forums.

http://wordpress.org/support/

Re: Posting.....

"OMG! OMG! Stargate Universe is back. I went into a catatonic coma when the break came, and I didnt come out until today. I dreamt about being aboard the Destiny and visiting a planet where crying was the form of communication and there were tissue plants that produced natural tissues to wipe my eyes! I am looking forward to 100 seasons of this!"

I was lauging so hard, I had trouble typing a reply in. "Crying was the form of communication, and Tissue Plants"? Boy, that was CLASSIC!!! LMAO!! Don't forget, These Tissues might be spiked with a "Natural Aphrodisiac" that makes you jump into bed with ANYONE, at the drop of a hat....

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

I just opened the wordpress site. I havent worked with it much. Can you set it up so that multiple people can access one site? If you can, tell me how and I'll set it up so that you can work on the site to.

Re: Posting.....

I figured out how to add users, I need your worpress.com email though.

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

I don't see it?

Also the email you provided came back as not registered so I sent you an Invite.

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

I don't think that I ever installed wordpress.

Re: Posting.....

Re: Posting.....

stonelesscutter
I really don't care since I'm also registered. However, how will people let you know if they want it changed back if they don't have an account and therefore can't post? :D

Re: Posting.....

It's via the wordpress.com website. I went to wordpress.org just now and download it. However its just a bunch of files.