RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

Will
So from Gateworld, SGU rating up to episode 9 have been:

Air, Part 1 (Oct. 2) 2.346
Air, Part 2 (Oct. 2) 2.346
Air, Part 3 (Oct. 9) 2.447
Darkness (Oct. 16) 2.099
Light (Oct. 23) 2.015
Water (Oct. 30) 1.974
Earth (Nov. 6) 1.626
Time (Nov. 13) 1.802
Life (Nov. 20) 1.891

My interpretation of the above:

Air 1,2,3 have the most viewers due to it being the pilot of a new SG series and many SG fans tuning in to see what the new series is like.
Following the pilot, 20% of viewers are so disappointed that they don't even come back for "Darkness". Those that do are still giving it the benefit of the doubt.
The ratings steadily decline until Earth, at which point 1/3 of the original viewership have given up already.
Time shows a small jump in viewer numbers, due to the fact that the episode synopsis actually sounded like a sci-fi story about time travel etc, so a few abandonees come back to give it one last chance.
Life maintains similar viewer numbers, because Time masqueraded as the first in a two-parter, so those who watched Time tuned in for Life expecting "part 2" only to find that they had been conned by this cheap trick into watching the worst episode to date.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

Tonton Beber
We can now add rating for

Justice (Dec. 4) 1.340

(source : pifeedback.com)

That's a very huge fall from Life !

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

SGU SUCKS
Good, I fucking told those morons SGU's rating will drop like flies as people's patient runs out, they wouldn't listen, and here it is.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

Will
Hahaha, justice indeed :)

TAKE CARE OF THE AUDIENCE

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

SGU SUCKS
"sgusucks=sgusucks on this forum ??? :) ... just curious man."

Yup it's me, back in episode 1 a bunch of morons decided to be arrogant and claim "SGU is the new best thing" on gateworld when I posted my negative review. They also censored all my comments to their articles.

So now I post 10 times more on other sites and they can suck it.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

SGU SUCKS
Another negative review from a link on IMDB's board:
http://ifmagazine.com/review.asp?article=3703

STARGATE UNIVERSE has failed to recognize on more than one occasion now that it takes more than a science fiction setting to tell a science fiction story. A mundane "whodunnit" mystery doesn't count as science fiction just because it takes place on a spaceship.

This week's "Justice," plays out more like a far-off episode of LAW & ORDER than anything from STARGATE. In fact, I would have greatly preferred an episode of LAW & ORDER over this waste of time.

It simply wasn't entertaining, not in the slightest, and even after being dragged through this misery, all we're rewarded with is a lackluster ending.

Even still, the lackluster ending is the most substantial thing to come out of the episode. The butting of heads (quite literally) between Col. Young (Louis Ferreira) and Dr. Rush (Robert Carlyle) provokes Young to do something seemingly outside of his character - abandon Rush on an alien world.

Whoop-de-doo...

Sargent Spencer's (Josh Blacker) suicide was merely the inciting incident used to set in motion the chain of events that would ultimately lead to this showdown, effectively rendering his character a throwaway.

By hardly any coincidence, the fight between Young and Rush takes place right next to a crashed alien spaceship. Anyone want to take a guess as to how Dr. Rush gets back on board the Destiny? ...anyone?

Admittedly, the writers did make a few attempts at tacking on elements of science fiction, but they were elements that are entirely fruitless as far as this week is concerned.

Jeremy Franklin (Mark Burgess) sits in the ancient interface chair while no one's looking and nearly dies, and what comes of it? Nothing. The SGU team discovers a crash-landed alien ship on one of the planets the gate dialed, and what comes of it? Nothing. Sure, these things may be relevant when the show returns in the spring, but that's months away.

Short of Sgt. Spencer's death (good riddance) and Rush's desertion on the alien world, there just isn't anything worth an hour of television going on here. It's uneventful filler, and that's a ballsy move for a mid-season finale.

At the start of next year, STARGATE UNIVERSE's timeslot will be replaced by CAPRICA for a half-season. In roughly three months time, will anyone care enough to tune back in and watch the second half of STARGATE UNIVERSE?

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

SGU SUCKS
Just found this, looks like we have another friend:
http://www.kobehq.com/showthread.php?p=1193

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

alien0-2

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

KOBE_SBM
Yes, we have your rant there and we are collecting links to all the ones we can find. I feel so ripped off by SGU I just want them all fired. Cancel the damn soap opera and give is STARGATE.

Re: RATINGS SGA vs SGU

KOBE_SBM
HAHAHAHA! That analogy is so perfect. If you have eMule, you can find the episodes there. But believe me, you arent missing anything. Watch them on Hulu if you just want to see them, but there are commercials on Hulu. Good thing is that the commercials are better than the show!