Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rac80
I am stillw orking on the updated rabid fans list and am taking nominations! I ahve had the displeasure of adding Rlying Officer Bennet to the this for these horrible rants he posted:http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76016-Any-thoughts-on-The-SGA-SGU-crossover/page7

He is usually a very even tempered guy but he went over the edge here.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Aragon101
Mighty Six Platoon requires a Mallozzi, a rather stiff one with lots of splinters :)

i really can't be arsed to talk to these rabid fans anymore, i just want to be able to discuss without dealing with sycophants who would suck their own dicks if they had a few removed ribs.

Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rac80
OK where is the Brain Bleach??? the mental image there is just ...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Demerzel
I actually have a rather high opinion of Flying Officer Bennet.  He e-mailed me a paper he wrote about torture for his university classes, and it was extremely interesting.  Mighty 6 Platoon also shared a lot of my views on torture and such, but I admit they don't look too good, in that thread.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

That pecker-head always has his knickers in a knot over something. and since he qualifies as a "drivelling idiot" (arsehole couldn't even spell driveling right!!!!!) he must be "average". You know, I raised a daaghter and pantyloons is moodier and more dramatic than she ever was...even at her most PMSing with no chocolate in the house!  I can just see that moron getting so pissed at what he read that he sobs!

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Linzi totally just pwned him.

"Actually, I'd say you are the one who 'needs to chill'"

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Aragon101
That's really what gets me.

I mean... they're not unintelligent. It's disappointing because it seems that intellect does little in their ability to critically think about a show which is so derivative i have fun spotting which shows they're copying, and what's 'original' to teh SG writers - Like that "Widowers are so sexy" bit. Shudder I'm not the only one who questions if theses guys have ever actually been married or had real conversations with women about stuff like this.

Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rac80
Demerzal- that is why I am putting FOB on the list, he is usually so levelheaded but to just rant on about how dare people discuss hating the show! It definitely surprised me that he went on and on.  as for pantyloons, if he hasn't prewritten his argument he looses his train of thought.  the guy is a moron. Linzi is great...she/her really laid him out!

as to how TPTB handles women/relationships...I for one am not in the least surprised that Joe Mallozzi got divorced last year... not one bit!

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Demerzel
Considering how they portray most military or regular women in their shows, I'd say they're married to Stepford Wives, not real females.

SGU has better female characters than SG-1 and Atlantis, I'd say.  Teyla was....*Shudders*.  Carter was alright.  But some others....jeez.  Chloe?  Oh yeah, great female character.  I actually like TJ and how she is portrayed most of the times.

And Might 6 and Bennet are actually smart, very smart and educated people.  But apparently they don't always act smart.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Aragon101
I like TJ too. She's really the only silver in teh shit lining SGU is for me. I wish she hadn't gotten preggo and had a more interesting story than just pumping out a unit (or not)

What thread did Linzi take on M6P? I'm not well versed on where these things are going on :P

Oh and Sky bitched at M6P for his idiot comment. :P Another reason why i respect and would say i like her because i really do think she's being as fair as she can be given her position.
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Demerzel wrote
Considering how they portray most military or regular women in their shows, I'd say they're married to Stepford Wives, not real females.

SGU has better female characters than SG-1 and Atlantis, I'd say.  Teyla was....*Shudders*.  Carter was alright.  But some others....jeez.  Chloe?  Oh yeah, great female character.  I actually like TJ and how she is portrayed most of the times.

And Might 6 and Bennet are actually smart, very smart and educated people.  But apparently they don't always act smart.
I will agree with you pon FOB, which is why his rant surprised me today. but sorry pantyloons is simply a LOON. The guy is moron and not worth trying to communicate with. if you like him well and good, but he has already been pwned on this site!

off topic...i am currently reading Caves of Steel...Daneel's first appearance in the asimov universe.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Demerzel
Ooooh!  That was such an amazing book!  Have you read The End of Eternity yet?  Very rare book, I had to order mine used on Amazon and it cost me a lot.  It's not set in the Foundation universe per se, but it's among my favorites.  Daneel is amazing in Caves of Steel, as he is in Foundation and Earth.  He was always Asimov's favorite character, after all.

And about Mighty 6 Platoon, I only ever discussed with him about military topics, including torture.  And he knows a LOT about military history, which automatically makes him kinda cool in my book but it does not make me blind to his flaws.

I'll gladly discuss Asimov with you anytime you want. :)

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rac80
many of asimov's books are available free online-- including the end of eternity.  I tend to "haunt" local used bookstores and have picked up many a gem in excellent condition for under $4. but then I am cheap! I love the way at the end of his life, Asimov wove many of his stories together.  it gives his books a satifying "finish".

yeah pantyloons is big into military history, but otherwise he's an arse!

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Insomnium
Rac80 wrote
OK where is the Brain Bleach???
Did someone make a request?

Oh, I see that in addition to the "Mindless-Stuff-go-boom!" straw-man, When confronted with the low numbers SGU has been getting, many of the pro-sgu folk did exactly what I thought they'd do: "This just proves the majority of people are morons!"

*sighs and shrugs*

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Rac80
you lifesaver...those mental images were gonna drive me nutso!!!

that what is so heart-warming about the rabids...they don't "do" intelligent reasoning... poor little mentally undeveloped souls!! I guess ignorance truly is more than bliss for them...it's orgasmic!

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Demerzel
Yeah, I agree.  In a way, it's him who inspired some of my career choices.  My parents were in a religion where they disagreed with blood transfusions (I'm sure you can guess what religion), but I wasn't.  And yet, I always felt about the same.  When I learned that Asimov died from AIDS after a blood transfusion, it strengthened that belief and I eventually worked in a law firm in Canada that spearheaded the very big class action suit against the Canadian government to make them compensate all the people who got hepatitis C in blood transfusions.

He will always remain my favorite author, it just sucks so bad that he died that way.

Anyways!  Maybe I'll send you a few PMs about that stuff, since we're going off-topic all the time. :P

Well, I don't know about "rabid" ones, as I don't lurk around GW very often, but the closed thread with the promising title of "Why, for the love of God, are people so obsessed with 'action'?" is a gold mine of SGU fan snobbery.

Re: Rabid Fans List still working...taking nominations!

Aragon101
I was in that thread and M6P went stupid on it :P When he called the average fan a driveling idiot, i reported it and Skydiver showed up.

Then he has the smarts to pretty much directly insult her LOL

like, i've got this image of them being so far up their own asses they've sort of become inside out like the T-1000 when he's melting and desperately trying to survive LOL