Ratings

Phasevariance
Why is the ratings for justice not listed on the ratings page? or am I just blind?

Re: Ratings

Re: Ratings

Re: Ratings

Spaceman XIII
Some of us refused to believe a show can be that bad 2 episodes in a row.

Re: Ratings

10 in a row must be some sort of record then

Re: Ratings

Phasevariance
So the 'half season' finale had the lowest ratings ever. Thats a success?

Re: Ratings

I see that Earths viewing was low. Are views usually low because of the week befores episode or because of all the previews that made fans not wanna watch.

Re: Ratings

Willl
I'm guessing the rebound after Earth was due to the synopsis for Time actually sounding remotely sci-fi like. Time then masqueraded as a two-parter, a deceptive ploy to get people to tune in to Life, which sucked.

Btw I am the original Will, but I had problems registering as it said the name Will was already in use - hence the triple L in my name now!

Re: Ratings

Re: Ratings

Willl
Good point, I think Earth was around the time the "just wait until you see next week's episode! it's classic golden age stargate!!! SG1 fans will LOVE IT!" announcements started appearing.

Yeah, the ratings are abysmal. Unless there are mega, earth-shattering improvements in the second half (the chances of which are almost nil),  I'm sure we can only expect them to plummet further as the "benefit of the doubt" viewers lose their last few ounces of goodwill.

Re: Ratings

Phasevariance
I can't wait to see the ratings results of the 'second half' of the season. It's actually more thrilling than the show itself.

Forget season 2 heh.

Re: Ratings

trelaine
Now this makes me mad... I was liking Defying Gravity and it's average viewership was 2.8 million viewers and they said that was too low to keep the show! Here is a show that is part of a beloved franchise that CLEARLY is not appealing to those SG fans and they sign it on for a second season??? OK, what's REALLY going on?

Re: Ratings

Spaceman XIII
trelaine wrote
Now this makes me mad... I was liking Defying Gravity and it's average viewership was 2.8 million viewers and they said that was too low to keep the show! Here is a show that is part of a beloved franchise that CLEARLY is not appealing to those SG fans and they sign it on for a second season??? OK, what's REALLY going on?
Hello and welcome!

Probably due to:

1) There is nothing to replace SGU in such short notice.
2) 15 years of SG fan base granted SGU the benefit of the doubt (but they seem to be actively destroying the fan base as we speak)
3) "Too big to fail" mentality (aka "It is stargate, it can't fail")
4) Other under the table promises/deals/pat on the back/internal politics between the producers/Syfy/MGM the public isn't aware of.

I used to think Defying Gravity sucked hard but then there came SGU to make DG look good, it was THAT bad.

Re: Ratings

Re: Ratings

trelaine
Ya know I was always one to say, don't say they/it sucks unless you are a musician/writer, whatever the case may be. It doesn't serve any purpose and is kind of mean. I didn't care for Star trek Enterprise b/c of the wannabe Angelina Jolie angry vulcan who seemed to be needing a good Pon Farr. Defying Gravity was kind of slow in developing the story and characters, but that was, in the end, what made it interesting for me.

All that to say that SGU is the first show I can say sucks. There are so many reasons that to say they suck pretty much sums it up for me.

So, congratulations SGU, you have moved me to say the one thing I always preached against: SGU sucks. Bigtime.

Re: Ratings

Atlantis4Life
trelaine wrote
Ya know I was always one to say, don't say they/it sucks unless you are a musician/writer, whatever the case may be. It doesn't serve any purpose and is kind of mean. I didn't care for Star trek Enterprise b/c of the wannabe Angelina Jolie angry vulcan who seemed to be needing a good Pon Farr. Defying Gravity was kind of slow in developing the story and characters, but that was, in the end, what made it interesting for me.

All that to say that SGU is the first show I can say sucks. There are so many reasons that to say they suck pretty much sums it up for me.

So, congratulations SGU, you have moved me to say the one thing I always preached against: SGU sucks. Bigtime.

You know what, trelaine?  That's something we have in common.  I've said this before:  I have never, ever, wanted a show to fail until SGU.  It's sad but true.  I've seen shows that I didn't like and just changed the channel.  I've seen shows that I knew weren't going to make it for this reason or that, and I never commented on them at all.  And, SGU probably would have been the same if it weren't for the behavior of these producers.  Then, if you add in some of the behavior and comments coming from a high-maintenance actor from the cast (and also someone from his family), it's too much.

They keep digging a hole for themselves that gets deeper and deeper.  Pretty soon this show is going to be buried.  And, I look forward to that.  It sounds bad, but it's true.  I have nothing against most of the actors.  They just signed up for a bad gig.  It happens.  It's also the entertainment industry, so they'll be prepared when it's time to move on, as moving on is a part of that profession (the SGA actors are doing fine). That's another reason why I feel okay about rooting for this show to fail.  It's what TPTB deserve.

@Kobe

"Mary Poppins Technique"  Love it.

Re: Ratings

SexyDexy
@ trelaine - you aren't the only one - I actually liked Defying Gravity too. I prefer a heroic-epic adventure, like SG1 or SGA, but Defying Gravity at least had a) interesting, likeable characters, and b) some mystery. So does Caprica. Like I said, I still prefer something with more action, and evil aliens  , but at least with Caprica the characters are intriguing, and there is mystery to keep me watching - and it even has more science fiction in it than SGU so far (there is the question of artificial intelligence, for example, which features prominently and is being explored with at least a little bit of depth. That, and virtual reality).

That's part of the reason I'm so frustrated with SGU. If it was doing a good job at being more character-focused, it wouldn't be so bad. I can handle drama, but only if it's GOOD. I don't like any of the characters on SGU. I don't care whether they live or die, and there's absolutely no mystery that I'm waiting to see solved.

@ Atlantis4Life - that's exactly how I feel about SGU. I wanted it to succeed at the start, and I was really hoping I would like it, and I tried really hard to like it - but when TPTB openly insulted the fans, that made me so mad that I openly started hoping for the show to fail. Now I feel immense satisfaction as the ratings drop and drop.

Re: Ratings

Phasevariance
I just got done watching Justice on Hulu. I'm really baffled at Robert Carlyle's character...The drama at the end just seems so 'forced'. It just doesn't fit his persona to me....at times he seems like a great scientist and then this twisted crap?

In the end...I didn't feel like I had anything really to look foward to.

Re: Ratings

Re: Ratings

Overmind One wrote
Phasevariance wrote
I just got done watching Justice on Hulu. I'm really baffled at Robert Carlyle's character...The drama at the end just seems so 'forced'. It just doesn't fit his persona to me....at times he seems like a great scientist and then this twisted crap?

In the end...I didn't feel like I had anything really to look foward to.
I feel the same way about Justice. But after re-watching "Time", I think they hit the proper Stargate standard with that one. Thing is, I really wanted Chloe and Scott to STAY dead. Nobody is addressing the issue of why Chloe would be on that planet in the first place, but they (SGU lovers) are dull so what can you expect? The show is still doomed.
You know what they did in justice?
They made Rush do random shit to stir up "interest" for his motivations. It was so blatantly out of character for Rush to frame somebody. There were 4 discussion threads on GW on Rush's situation and motivations after this episode, even i posted some weirdass crap as to his motivation (as parody).

One of them was a convoluted conspiracy theory i conjured up, here goes:

Young killed bald-angry-man-of-which-the-name-i-do-not-remember by psychically torturing him over the past weeks and framed HIMSELF to later frame Rush. However as he was about to go in and take the gun after the suicide, he saw Rush come in and look around.

Young then took the gun and placed it in his own air-vent to frame himself and to delete the Kino footage.
While the people in were locked in the gateroom, Rush actually saw recovered the Kino footage of Young taking the gun and framing himself, which he then deleted as a precaution against mass panic and to keep for later as leverage against Young.

Now Young got cleared in the trial, as he intended from the beginning, he wanted Rush to push someone into the chair and teach the crew a lesson in who should be in charge. However, after Eli actually DID SOMETHING COMPETENT in recovering the Kino footage  (which Young did not expect, its Eli after all) he needed to get rid of the only witness to stand up to him, Rush.
Eli was not a threat, as he was born without any balls and no spine.

He then showed half the Kino footage to the rest of the crew (the suicide) and told Eli if he ever reveals anything about the other part of the footage, hes going to use the stones to murder his mother on earth (probably by using Telfords body, 2 birds 1 stone, katching!)

And then he took Rush on the planet, knocked him out, lied about the landslide and the episode ends.

Hows that for an episode of CSI: Universe?!

Its the thing i hate the most about SGU, how the show blatantly is trying to push your buttons all the time, how its trying to manipulate you to think its actually meaningful and not a piece of crap, only to then shit all over your intelect.
123