Remember SG1 episode 200?

SexyDexy
When they made fun of ridiculous spins for Wormhole Extreme? Well...they took one of those spoofs and made it a reality, with SGU! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S-ZcRpOJGE

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Canceltheturkey
Yup sort of old news. And to bring you up to speed, it was decided here that Marty is now portrayed by Mallozzi.

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

SexyDexy
Sorry, I'm behind the times! Guess I didn't read back far enough in the threads. Carry on

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Canceltheturkey
I just wrote this morning that I can't memorize all the threads here any more. Site sure has grown.

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Atlantis4Life
Canceltheturkey wrote
Yup sort of old news. And to bring you up to speed, it was decided here that Marty is now portrayed by Mallozzi.

I just wrote this morning that I can't memorize all the threads here any more. Site sure has grown.
Thanks for bringing this up for the newbies.

@ SexyDexy - Okay - Here's what to do if you're looking for something you know is on "some thread somewhere," or if you're just wondering if any of us ever talked about metrosexuals, chocolate, tissues, chloe, scott, eli - you name it.

1.  At the top of the forum page, there is a little icon of a person with the word "people" next to it.  Click on that.

2.  Then, under anyone's picture, click on "# posts."  For example, under myself it says "275 posts."

3.  This will take you to a page that has a search field for all of the threads.

4.  Type in whatever you're looking for in the search box.  So, in this case I typed in 200 and then clicked on "Go" and wallah!  Every thread that has "200" in it appears.  In the middle of the page you can literally see the highlighted 200 and how it is being referred to.  Such as:

"Anyone think SG 200 "Marty" was modeled on Mallozzi? LOL "

Click on that thread and you're there.

This may sound like a lot of steps, but it's really quick.

Let me know how this works for you.  If you run into any problems, we'll figure something out to take care of that.  Between all of us here at the forum, a solution to most any particular problem is usually found.  But, this works like a charm for me.  So, I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

Cheers.

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Thats good advice - I am new to forums and had no idea that you could do that.
Maybe we could have a section somewhere with this info and other relevant help for noobies like myself and others?

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

I've said this before, but here goes..(Yet Again).. I come to site, to LOL or atleast get a smile. It's a kind of watering hole..

I was Reading Atlantis4life's post and saw a comment, that made me chuckle..

"So, in this case I typed in 200 and then clicked on "Go" and wallah!". (trust me I am not making fun of you Atlantis4Life ) It just made me chuckle..

Wallah is an Arabic oath described as "By Allah" (Or it's North american version of By God, Old Roman: By Jupiter, Old Norse: By Odin etc.,)

Now, voilà, is like saying.. Ta Dah... Hey Presto etc.,..

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Atlantis4Life

US06154 wrote
I've said this before, but here goes..(Yet Again).. I come to site, to LOL or atleast get a smile. It's a kind of watering hole..

I was Reading Atlantis4life's post and saw a comment, that made me chuckle..

"So, in this case I typed in 200 and then clicked on "Go" and wallah!". (trust me I am not making fun of you Atlantis4Life ) It just made me chuckle..

Wallah is an Arabic oath described as "By Allah" (Or it's North american version of By God, Old Roman: By Jupiter, Old Norse: By Odin etc.,)

Now, voilà, is like saying.. Ta Dah... Hey Presto etc.,..
I've got you, buddy.  No offense taken.  I actually took 3 years of french, so I am familiar with voilà.  Wallah is just the first thing that comes to mind because that's what I hear (and see) a lot.  I'm not making an excuse, mind you.  But, things do seep in.  Glad I could provide you with a chuckle.

Now, the arabic, I'm not as familiar with.  And, that's sad because when I was young, my mother used to speak it a lot.  She's not middle eastern, but she learned how to be mostly fluent because we lived around a lot of middle eastern people, and she had a lot of friends that were middle eastern.  Then, we moved, and she didn't have a need to speak it very much.  So, I never really learned.  Too much information, I know.

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

piginpoo wrote
Thats good advice - I am new to forums and had no idea that you could do that.
Maybe we could have a section somewhere with this info and other relevant help for noobies like myself and others?

If we end up doing a FAQ, then I think it could go in there.  We could have a section for newbies, and a section for debunking pro-SGU spin.

Or, probably even better, it could be in the first post for the thread for new people that the webmaster is thinking about sticking at the top of the forum.  I think that would work best.  We'll see how this plays out.  I'm sure we'll get it figured out in such a way that takes care of relevant help, etc.

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

SexyDexy
@ Atlantis4Life - Thanks for the tip. I just tried searching and it worked  That will come in handy!

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

Insomnium
Does prove the old saying "Hindsight is a bitch" though, donnit?

Re: Remember SG1 episode 200?

You're welcome, SexyDexy.

@USO6154

Guess what?  I was just given another definition to our "word of the day."  I normally wouldn't say anything, but I figured you'd be interested.

Wallah - A person connected to a particular thing or function.  (Hindi Origin)

Learning is great, isn't it?

Let me know if you find any other definitions.  This word is getting interesting to me.
                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!