SG Actors Don't Watch SGU?

TelepathicPebble
Hey I know Joe Flanigan was asked about SGU and he honestly talked about how it wasn't doing well. David kinda avoided the question. Didn't Michael Shanks say it was doing poorly, if so was the interview in video/audio format or just written? Also, does anyone know if any other actors from SG1 or SGA were asked about SGU in an interview and spoke truthfully about how bad its doing?

I only ask because the interview of Joe Flanigan where he said his kids didn't like SGU would be a good excerpt for a protest video...so if anyone knows of others that'd be great.
Rotating Signature

Re: SG Actors Don't Watch SGU?

Canceltheturkey
You may want to find that video of RDA teasing the crowd about SGU at the Australian fan con.

I think the consensus amongst SG/SGA alumni is, we'll act in your shitty show — just write a big cheque and hand over residuals. I think the effect has just been to PO the franchise fans. That's shown by static ratings. FAIL again.

Re: SG Actors Don't Watch SGU?

SerenityS
Off the top of my head, and I don't have any links unfortunately (think some of this was said at Fedcon), Joe Flanigan said he didn't watch as his kids found it boring, David Hewlett said he hadn't seen it and that they "were on his set, eating his cookies'' or something like that, and at the Vancouver con Michael Shanks was openly "stirring up trouble" about SGU with the audience -not sure what he said, but several con reports commented on it.
Unsure about the other actors, but these are the reports I've read.

Re: SG Actors Don't Watch SGU?

TelepathicPebble
Hmm thank you both. Idk, I've thought of putting that excerpt of Joe Flanigan saying his kids don't watch it, but would it be wise to publicize what he said? Actors usualy shouldn't diss their old producers' work and stuff. Wouldn't that be bad publicity for them? I thought that's how it works in hollywood. I'm still considering it, I'm sure it'd make for a popular video no question....I just worry.
Rotating Signature