SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

STCLARE
yep ive been reading through that thread.  what i found weird was Briangates change of tune concerning the numbers. he/she "was concerned" and "this doesnt look good", syfy wanted at least a 1.6, now brian is saying its no problem what there getting? has that smack down by JM changed his/her tune? and what does brian mean by syfy stiring stuff up?

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Aragon101
Brian is in a very delicate situation. He has to be very careful what he says publicly

That being said, he's a good guy with a critical and open mind, not at all like some of the sycophants we've seen SGU breed.
Generals don't win wars, the troops do.

Just like sycophants don't give a show it's rating, the masses do.

And the masses have spoken, SGU is poo.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

STCLARE
i wasnt getting at Brian. But does it mean that syfy has lowered the bar ratings wise for sgu? will  it get 5 seasons on numbers like those or lower?

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Atlantis4Life
STCLARE wrote
i wasnt getting at Brian. But does it mean that syfy has lowered the bar ratings wise for sgu? will  it get 5 seasons on numbers like those or lower?
I don't think that it will.  I think that publicly, Syfy is saying one thing.  They need to keep things happy and cheery because they don't want to ward off potential viewers for an upcoming season that they've already spent money on.

Privately, I think that they are saying something quite different.  "Shape up or ship out,"  sounds like that might be about right.  SGU has caused so many problems on so many levels, I think they need to just chuck it after season 2. This show has way too much bad baggage after only one year on the air.

Cheers.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

STCLARE
I agree. I think SGU will always be seen as the series that fractured the franchise. I cant see it getting any better. I know some fans who watched but didnt like it are sticking with it because its got "better" but these are not new viewers, so i can not see them making a big enough dent in the ratings.

However i think we will see all out saturatiuon with advertising on tv and magazines when season 2 starts. i dont know if it would help them though, the excuse for such a slow start was to make fans understand them and route the serialised format. if you can come into season 2 and still get it without seeing season 1 what was the point of the slowness.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Atlantis4Life
STCLARE wrote
I agree. I think SGU will always be seen as the series that fractured the franchise. I cant see it getting any better. I know some fans who watched but didnt like it are sticking with it because its got "better" but these are not new viewers, so i can not see them making a big enough dent in the ratings.

However i think we will see all out saturatiuon with advertising on tv and magazines when season 2 starts. i dont know if it would help them though, the excuse for such a slow start was to make fans understand them and route the serialised format. if you can come into season 2 and still get it without seeing season 1 what was the point of the slowness.
Exactly.  That's what I'm saying.

The new writers might help, but I don't think they are going to help much.  The way the show was set up was done so poorly that the only way out of it would be some "it was a dream" scenario that would prove that the whole first season was a major mistake, and they're not going to do that.

Cheers.

I would not be surprised if they use the aliens from the alternative universe that the Daedalus encountered that time. Technically they would be characters from Atlantis and that is the kind of shitty stunt that they would pull on us to try and get us to view. They would also kill two birds with one stone and have their new badass aliens at the same time.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

At least they can blame everybody being out playing bingo on a tuesday night for their poor ratings in the UK

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Hey, you mixed some of STCLARE's response in with all of mine, but that's okay.

Yeah, I don't think that the move to Tuesdays is going to be very good for the show, too.  I also think that there's a possibility that it might not be improved, even with the new writers on staff.  Well, we'll hear about it when the show starts.  However, I' wholeheartedly agree with you that it's very, very likely too late for improvement.

Cheers.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Insomnium
If they are planning to have someone from SGA on SGU, I will be:

1. The most surprised if it turns out to be Joe Flanigan,
2. The least surprised if it is Torri Higginson.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

Atlantis_Orca
I have just been on GW and i have just read that the characters from SGA will be or so they said will be Woosley (Robert Picardo) and yes the one and only Rodney Mckay (David Hewlett).

Not going to change a thing.SGU is still going to be the pointless boring show it always has been.
SGU is an insult to the Stargate Franchise. No matter how you try and how much you may believe your are Stargate. You NEVER will be. Thanks for ruining a great franchise.

Re: SGA Cast Members Crossover to SGU

US06154
Grrr.. I am just mad that Hewlett decided to cross my imaginary picket line. I lost all respect for him. I can only shake my head in sadness and anger, because I cannot think of any way that the writers could write a decent line for him. He is NOT supposed to be one the foremost experts on anything related to Destiny. So why the fuck is he required to be involved? Maybe there's going to be a pie throwing contest, and they wanted to make sure it was person from  SGA.

Of course Tanith (The rabid mouthpiece of Gayteworld, and resident know-it-all) has theories, and explains it to us  dumb muthafukkas in easy-to-understand terms..

I just had to respond it to that ignoramus..