SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Atlantis4Life
SGU has just been renewed for a second season.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/12/13/stargate-sgu-renewed-sanctuary-too/36110

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Atlantis4Life
Check this out.  One site didn't even put the picture of the SGU crew for the announcement of  its renewal.  They put a picture of the Atlantis crew instead.  Guess those SGU characters really aren't that memorable, eh?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i27f167feba4ef287250640119a646b40

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

alien0-2

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Abydos1
This show just can't be fixed.

It's about time that they introduced an alien species into the mix, but I seriously doubt that the show is going to change its' direction.   Maybe they'll wise up a bit for season two, although I wouldn't bet on it.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Atlantis4Life
Yeah you guys are right.

This show can't be fixed.  And the alien dog on 2 legs had me howling  .  That sounds about right for SGU.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

This Site blows
Dude are you mentally disabled or just an idiot?

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

alien0-2

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Atlantis4Life
I just checked Mr. Mallozzi's blog and there was some semi-good news:

"On the bright side, we did do some more spinning and, thanks to Brad and Rob’s frenzied back-and-forth, have worked out the series finale.  Yep, it’s true.  We have a definite ending for this grand adventure – but it’s one we wont’ be getting around to for a while."

Note that he said "series finale".

Please say that this means SGU will finally be over in 2 seasons at the maximum.  40 episodes feels like too much for SGU since they have already killed me softly with 10.  I can only guess that they are spinning for the end being in sight because the end may be in sight.  I have never prayed for a show to fail in my life, but SGU is a special case.  I know that sounds wrong, but it's true.

Knowing Syfy/MGM though, SGU will run for umpteen seasons with only 3 people watching because the name of the show says "Stargate" and they for whatever reason will let it go on regardless.  It's sad because the franchise used to be great.  I used to be excited about SGA coming on tv on Fridays, now nothing. If they have to pick between making the SGA movie and SGU, I pick ATLANTIS.  Even from a money perspective I would pick SGA, but I'm speaking from a quality standpoint.

Anyway, I just thought you all might want the update.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

alien0-2

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Will
My personal opinion is that this is their "get out of jail card" for when the show gets cancelled.

They've worked up such a hype over SGU and displayed such arrogance in mercilessly attacking anyone who criticises it and attempting to portray that it's a huge success that when the ratings hit rock bottom and it gets cancelled, it will be rather embarrassing for them.

To be preparing the ending already suggests they want to be ready for when the time comes, so it doesn't seem like they suddenly had to finish the show in a hurry because the network turned round and said "your idea was a flop, nobody watches it, the fans hate it, we don't want it".

When they are forced to cancel, at least if they have an ending already prepared that they can work in seamlessly, they can make it look as if their fantastic "new idea" wasn't really a failure, that it was a purely creative decision and was always intended to end it then because the "story had been told".

Of course this is just my $0.02. I could be totally wrong.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

claws
I think that they will use the "key under the mat" cliche and find the key to unlock the system somewhere in plain view and then go home. THE END.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

alien0-2

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

Welcome Claws!

Good prediction, you never know.  I wouldn't be surprised if your scenario happened, although I prefer them blowing themselves up because I don't want TPTB to have the temptation to use ANY of these characters or actors in the SG1 or Atlantis stuff.

Re: SGU gets renewed by Syfy for a Season 2

KOBE_SBM
Banned User
NO. Each character must be horribly tortured and consumed slowly by something alien. Especially Chloe. She needs to be gang-raped by alien beings, then shoved out the airlock, and while still trying to gasp air in the cold void of space, she gets hit by a passing hail of meteorites which tear her apart like cheese through a shredder.

Then the Destiny itself must start jettisoning its infestation by these melodramatic idiots who have somehow boarded her. It knows how to fuel, how to gather minerals, etc. Cant it "know" it wont continue to exist if the writers of this show dont use those stones to get new ideas? OMG its been the worst.

As The Stargate Turns: BSG 2.0 + Lost + Voyager + 90210 = Cancel