SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Yaspaa

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

stonelesscutter
I would like to say that I can find truth to some degree in both Yaspaa's (or SGUhater-hater for all I know) and Overmind's comments.
There is some exaggeration as well as generalisation on both parts of the fence.
I am not going to comment any further on this right now, but I would like to address a tiny little part of Yaspaa's post.

Yaspaa wrote
5.) ..... SG fans for the most part are fine.
Are you suggesting that there is something inherently wrong with Stargate fans in general?

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Bluce Ree
Overmind One wrote
Seasons 1 and 2 of BSG had great drama. Babylon 5 was awesome drama. SGU is cheap drywall where a brick wall should be.
I was pondering this the other day and I realized that Babylon 5 had, in my opinion, struck a near-perfect balance of drama, action, suspense and sci-fi mixed with great story telling and both liked & hated characters. Then again, BB5's entire run was all written before it began shooting so they had a complete story arc fleshed out and could pay particular attention to minor details, consistency and continuity.

When I first started watching BSG, I thought I'd give it a chance. Not bad other than a couple characters having undergone-sex changes, like Starbuck who became this gloomy wannabe ace pilot with a drinking problem trying to be one of the boys. I also thought making the Cylons appear "human" was a cheap cop-out to avoid too much post production work in special effects.

I was still ok with the show until Apollo became a politician and religion began dominating the show more aggressively. That's when I tuned out.

Have you ever been to a Stargate convention? What with all the big-bellied Jaffa running around and the rubber bald caps and the plastic P-90's with the flashing lights and the ratatatatata sound effects, not to mention the incessant "Indeed!" being uttered every 5 seconds. Some even dress up like Stargates with home-made costumes constructed from inflatable kiddy pools.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

stonelesscutter
You make a good point.
No, I have never been to a convention and perhaps I shouldn't strive to visit one either from what I read from you.
Apparently you have been to one sometime.
What was your costume?

That being said I consider myself a genuine Stargate fan and I don't think there is anything specifically wrong about me.

That being said I consider myself a genuine Stargate fan and I don't think there is anything specifically wrong about me.
I went as Ming Na. I figured I'd try to bag me a lesbian but that didn't quite work out when she realized my forearm was the size of her neck.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

stonelesscutter
 hehehehehehehhehehehehehheh LOL hehehehehehhehehhehehehehhehe

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Insomnium
I'm probably not going bother to responding to all these mischaracterizations, but when it comes to your 7th straw-man:
I for one, do not post on other boards under multiple accounts.
Hell, I hardly ever post on most boards at all, I usually just observe.

But when I see such condescending, arrogant, snide, flippant, smug and just all out narcissistic posts like yours, enough is enough.

Now here's something to think about:

Have you ever considered that comments like yours only serve fuel some of the "escalating negativity" that you and your fellow fans hate?

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Insomnium
I think you guys mean Wangst, correct?

(Image taken from Above linked website)

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Bluce Ree wrote
Have you ever been to a Stargate convention? What with all the big-bellied Jaffa running around and the rubber bald caps and the plastic P-90's with the flashing lights and the ratatatatata sound effects, not to mention the incessant "Indeed!" being uttered every 5 seconds. Some even dress up like Stargates with home-made costumes constructed from inflatable kiddy pools.
Very well written, like poetry :)

PS, I thought SGU was aimed from the younger audience? and that they were leaving the old guys? Just adding a false fact to make your argument long Yaspaa?

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Rac80
you know, Yaspaa reminds me why I was so relieved when my daughter turned 20.... overly emotional teenagers are so draining and dramatic.  Everytime you try to have an intelligent discussion with them they whine, stomp their feet, and finally run off crying.  My friends with sons said they were worse than a girl pmsing.... ye gods, methinks TPTB got a much younger audience than they planned!

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Mitchelluva
try spending a whole 8 hours with them Rac...not all of suck though.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Phasevariance
I wonder how people post well thought out replies with that dildo crawling on the screen.

Thats awsome.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Insomnium wrote

Lol Gantz

Re: SGU lovers - Just as dramatic as a the show is.

Insomnium
AdamTM wrote
Lol Gantz
*Shrug* Would'nt know. It was just the example pic they used on the site.
12