SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Atlantis4Life
I just caught this at Gateworld.  It's an interview that Brian J. Smith did about the negative fan reaction to SGU and his character.  Chad Colvin at Gateworld reports that "Rather than maintain silence, Stargate Universe co-star Brian J. Smith is responding head-on to criticism of the show."

Hmm, so the "silent one" has now spoken.   Wasn't he speaking back when he was on Twitter before he stopped because he couldn't take it.  I guess now he's back on it or something.  I don't know.  Here's the interview.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/smith-on-sgu-this-is-a-transition-for-everybody/

"I think the hard-core fans feel the same way that people felt about Star Trek,” Smith said. “[They think,] ‘How dare you commercialize what is so special to me! How dare you try and take something that I’ve supported and watched and bought the DVDs and gone to conventions and try and make it something that my next-door neighbor, who’s a jock and who I can’t stand, can get into as well!’”

“There’s a sense of ownership from a lot of fans that’s amazing and rare, but it’s also dangerous,” Smith continued.  “It’s a double-edge sword.”"  ~ BS

Um, do I even need to respond to how ridiculous he sounds?  It doesn't sound like he can think for himself since he's merely quoting things that people like Brad Wright and Linda Holmes have said.  And, since when did Jocks like whiney soap operas where everyone's childish and stupid???  Looks to me like he just can't take the heat.  Professional actors that can act professional are truely a dying breed.

Then he goes on to say that Scott has only slept with 3 people in his entire life.  This is the most ridiculous and funny thing in the whole piece.  That may be what is being written into season 2 in an attempt to back-pedal from making Scott a man-whore in season 1, but that isn't going to change what they've already done.  It sounds like more inconsistencies in storytelling lie ahead for SGU.  LOL.

And about his upcoming chevron convention in Britain:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/02/brian-j-smith-its-sgu-not-sex.html

“I haven’t been to one of these things before.  So, if you’re watching this and your going, be very very nice because it’s my first time and I’ll probably be nervous.  Um, and only ask nice questions ‘cause I’m very sensitive”  ~ BS

That ignorant little prick couldn’t even say it with a straight face - he’s so full of it!!!  The guy in the background was giggling too.   It's clear that he's likening it to being a virgin.  LMAO.  I had no complaints about Brian J. Smith until now.  I thought his character sucked, now I think he and his character both suck.  What a drama queen.  Now, he’s someone I can imagine on a balcony in a pair of skinny jeans with an emo hair cut, crying profusely about nothing. LOL.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Canceltheturkey
Following your chicagonow link, I think that Curt Wagner deserves that rubber Mallozzi prize. Did he write the press kit? What a dick. Reading some of that drivel reminds me why I want nothing to do with the show. The conversation seems more focused on "will someone get an abortion? Keep watching!" than science fiction.

And speaking of ... fanboys. Have a look at this one:

>Hey Curt!
> As usual your reports are concise, factual and great! We at WormholeRiders are working on a companion post, but until then you have done an excellent job discrediting the few troublemakers and malcontents who want to smear SGU. We get a few also, but according to our statistics, they are in a minority and seem to just like making insulting posts.
> Pleas keep up the great work you do!
> Thank You!
> WR_Systems of WormholeRiders

Gee I wish I had the inclination to take these [deleted] on. Anyone want the job? I guess he joins "the few" on record defending the show. I'm sure an awful lot of damage control and PR is being put into greasing these people during the SGU break right now. It's not exactly in their own interest to diss the show when their websites depend on them.

If Stonelesscutter has a few more awards I think we should hold our own award show at the end of the first season. How about an awards poll in a few months time admin?

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Bah, another load of BS, what he and the other similar idiots never seem to be able to understand, is the fact that a polished turd is still a turd.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Hahahaha... Can't stop laughing.. Jocks sitting on the couch, with a box of Kleenex, bawling their eyes out, watching SGU without Switching immediately to TSN, ESPN, NBC Sports or WHATEVER!!!! He probably fancies himself a "Jock"..  nope he's just a "Fuck"

I don't think for a moment that these people have seen even 1 episode from the previous 2 series.

This guy doesn't deserve friendy questions, just a pie in the face.

Wormhole riders? what the heck kind of a name is that? with the sucking up they are doing, they sound more like one-eyed-worm riders.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Atlantis4Life wrote
Hey, just saw some great comments from your link:

I think everyone that’s involved in SGU is well aware of the negative reactions. And it’s hard to pretend websites like sgusucks.com and similar don’t exist. I don’t see it simply as a transition. I read a good comment where someone wrote that SGU, after removing everything that was good from SG/SGA coupled the leftovers with everything that was bad about BSG. That’s a pretty good assessment. So when Smith talks about using everything good from SG he is mistaken. In the several hours of SGU I’ve seen there were never any “wow” moments that I can still find in even Season One of Stargate SG-1. And that’s why 15 year old television disc sets still sell where SGU … well we’ll see. I believe in the industry his next door neighbor would be referred to as “bums in seats”.

Mentat | February 18 @ 9:32 am
Hello Mentat, thanks for spreading the word for us :)

If Mentat is reading this, I'd like to say we actually had some "wow" moments in SGU, namely "Wow! This show fucking sucks!" and "Wow you call this half assed whiny soap opera sci fi?" and "Wow! What the fuck is this shit?"?

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

US06154
@Spaceman, you Da Man!!! I was having lunch when i read your post. I almost choked when I saw your Wow Moment comments:

"Wow! This show fucking sucks!" and "Wow you call this half assed whiny soap opera sci fi?" and "Wow! What the fuck is this shit?"

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Spaceman XIII
US06154 wrote
@Spaceman, you Da Man!!! I was having lunch when i read your post. I almost choked when I saw your Wow Moment comments:

"Wow! This show fucking sucks!" and "Wow you call this half assed whiny soap opera sci fi?" and "Wow! What the fuck is this shit?"
Thank you, thank you, just saying the facts.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Leo(T.C.K.)
About that chicagonow post, I noticed in the comments this:

"

Posted on February 10, 2010 12:03 AMReply ...Hannah Brown said:

 .I love how he basically says that if you aren't a fan of it then you must have had some preconceived hatred or you aren't open minded... I really did "want to like it" and I still don't really hate it. I'm disappointed that they felt the need to go down that route of attracting the people who watch Friday Night Lights and The Shield. There's enough of those shows to fill a bucket, we don't need more catering to that audience. What's next? We going to go and try and make the fans of Vampire Diaries and America's Next Top Model to watch? I'm a teenage girl, and I'm so over the Space Opera, drama-filled, nitty-gritty 'realism' in shows these days.

And I'm going to go ahead and say that Battlestar Galactica is MOST CERTAINLY NOT the Beethoven of Sci-fi.
"
Look at her avatar and you would say that she would be one of the persons who would like SGU, just juding by her look.
That mean even a lot of emo persons would hate it, I am not saying she is emo but still....

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

More golden comments from the link:

caelestes wrote
      So far, the show has been the type that attracts rapists and abusers of women who see women has objects to be used abjectly for pleasure and then trashed.

      The best single word I have seen used to describe this show is, ‘creepy’, and not in the horror-thriller type of way. I wonder about the people who unreservedly praise this series.

      caelestes | February 18 @ 9:15 pm

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Not gonna lie he seems a little full of himself. In my convention and online interview experiences, this is the first time, I've seem someone been on the show that doesn't spend half of the time thanking the fans or in this case ones that have not thrown hatred at them. In almost every convention, interview and such, the last words are 90% I'd like to thank the fans for watching, and keeping us alive. So tip to BS, at Chev 7.4 don't whine about how we're throwing bullets left and right, we're fans that what we do! Be thankful you show didn't get pulled after the premiere for crying out loud.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

King Piccolo
Atlantis4Life wrote
"I think the hard-core fans feel the same way that people felt about Star Trek,” Smith said. “[They think,] ‘How dare you commercialize what is so special to me! How dare you try and take something that I’ve supported and watched and bought the DVDs and gone to conventions and try and make it something that my next-door neighbor, who’s a jock and who I can’t stand, can get into as well!’”
 This confirms what I always suspected,   Brian love's to dream about sweaty jocks in the shower.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

But what's interesting is that episode had your character almost nude and had Jamil Walker Smith's Greer completely nude. And she was fully clothed.
That's a really good point. That's a really good point, I hadn't thought about that before, yeah.

You know, that scene was not supposed to at all exploit Julia as an actress or exploit that character or any of that. That scene was actually to make fun of the immaturity of Eli and Riley. That's what that scene was about, that's the point of the scene.

HOW!?!? HOW?!?! HOW?!? How does a sex scene make fun of Eli and Riley?

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Well, check this one out:

morrolan wrote
      “I love the charaters, because I hate most of them. Young is a disaster as a soldier and a person.  Chloe is a waste of space. Eli is annoying. Rush is a lunatic. However, I DO relate to them because they are such messes.”

WTF?  He loves them because he hates them?  What kind of response it that?  Pffft - These people!!!  It’s comments like this one that make me more and more grateful everyday that I am not a part of the SGU fan-base.  NO wonder why the pro-SGU people love the fact that the show is a train-wreck; it reflects them.  I mean - this one’s right up there with BS and his comments on how jocks love soap operas.

WTF?  He loves them because he hates them?  What kind of response it that?  Pffft - These people!!!  It’s comments like this one that make me more and more grateful everyday that I am not a part of the SGU fan-base.  NO wonder why the pro-SGU people love the fact that the show is a train-wreck; it reflects them.  I mean - this one’s right up there with BS and his comments on how jocks love soap operas.
Replied.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Wow they're really going nuts over there. Considering the used props article has zero comments. Anyway, not my fault. The show sucks. Nothing will make it better other than cancellation. Maybe they could take a few years off like ST. Quite a few of the Atlantis actors would still be able to pass in a resurrected show. They sure killed the franchise with the SGU horny-toad jock experiment.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Mitchelluva
Maybe they should do the movies and take a few years off, though I dunno if MGM would bring it back if it was out.
Most officers came from ROTC and USAFA, both requires you to be the best people out their. I'd think  a Lt in the USAF would be more  professional than that....oh well, thats just one of the billion things wrong with the show.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Mitchelluva
BJS's last 3 tweets..yeah, I was that bored

Hey everyone: meet @AndyWhittO - a real class act, and about to be the next person I block! Anybody up for a going away party?

RT @AndyWhittO: @BrianJacobSmith why are u tweeting negative news about caprica? Bet u wudnt like that if they RT any of the MANY negati  ... ends there, can't seem to find the rest

@AndyWhittO Wow - I never would have thought that Syfy standing firmly behind a show they believe in was bad news. WTF?
Yep, they do that a lot these days.
1 more
Well, I didn't make the cut. No jury duty for me. Was it something I said? My blue sweater Or were one of the lawyers from sgusucks.com?
Lol..you got us, we're smart people you know, thats why we don't watch SGU.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Mr. Sparkle
So... the best way to get me to start liking your total douchebag character is for you to be a total douchebag in real life too.  No really, it is...  And God help me I hate the word douchebag!

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Hahahahah Blackhawlk is givin it good again: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/smith-on-sgu-this-is-a-transition-for-everybody/?cp=7

We need too make an awards list of the best posters there. Kosh has been writing some good stuff all along. It's funny that there's a new crop of people showing up slamming the show.

That reminds me I should start writing about how bad Episode 11 is. Not like you actually have to watch them anymore.

SGU Sucks. It belongs in the garbage dump of cancelled shows. What more can you say? Bring back Atlantis and it will all go away.

Re: SGU's Brian J. Smith (AKA Scott) Interview

Mitchelluva
*sniff sniff* (my count to crying 1- the characters- innumerable)
Nice 2nd post as well