SGU

Ajatar
I hope they all fly into the sun in the episode "light" and then like a pheonix all the characters are reborn as good actors, who researched the roles they were playing, the writers discover what they lost, and the production crew are replaced by min dless zombies, who could possibly do a better job!

After being a loyal fan of SG1 and Atlantis, I am extremely dissapointed by this series, which i find worse than an insult to fans. This is not Stargate in any shape or form, this is fragging excrement.

Re: SGU

tristan
I'm so disapointed.

They turned my favorite franchise into a drama queen soap in space.

SGU = Smallville Galactica United

I watched E01 through E04 and despite how bad E01 and E02 where, the show seems to be getting worse.

Concentrating on shower scenes and dramma, instead of substance and science.

Every episode ending on a cliff hanger (*yawn*) instead of the tried and true Star Trek / Stargate formula of every episode is a standalone story that may-or-may not be part of an overall arc.

My wife and I have decided after watching E04 , that we're done with SGU. We have started watching our SG1 box set over instead.

Re: SGU

Relyks
This post was updated on .
I hate SGU, I only watched the first episode and it made me want to puke it was so bad. I loved SGA and SG1 and to see them replaced by this crap hole of a show is horrible. I hope it gets cancelled before the end of the first season.
~Skyler~

Re: SGU

Juanrra242
thanks god that a lot of people are disapointed with the long awaited SGU.I thought i was the onlly one in this universe .My god ,what have they done with the series!!!   I puked tooo!!!!   Got back to my loved SG1 !!! I refuse to keep watching this Sh*t ,does anybody  know  about the share rate this crap is getting?   I would like to watch them all falling into a black hole and watch Carter awaking from a bad dream!!  it would be fine !!
The same feeling that i got with indy.
Greeting from Spain and sorry for my english.

Re: SGU

webgopher
I have seen every episode of Stargate multiple times, but after four episodes of SGU, I find it to be the crappiest opening to a new show in a long time. If it wasn't for the presence of a space ship, I would swear I was watching "The Days of Our Lives".

All I can say is this show may be about the characters more as they were trying to sell it, but it is WAY to overly dramatic. Dr. Rush is just ridiculous. All the screaming, ranting and growling at everyone is really just getting old already.

Stargate Universe is just too similar to Star Trek Voyager and Battlestar Galactica for me. It has the same plot as voyager, with the same overly dramatic cheese of Battlestar Galactica. With a touch of soap opera to just put it over the edge...

So far this show is an absolute disgrace to the Stargate name, and if it doesn't improve I am sure we will see it being canceled soon enough.

Hopefully it changes soon, because I was really looking forward to another Stargate series, but just not like this...

-WebGopher
Dom

Re: SGU

Dom
After seeing 4th episode will not watch any more. This is not stargate. Im Loyal SG1 and SGA fan. Have complete set of SG1 DVDS. Time to restart watching them.

Everyone says they copied Battle Star Galactica which is true. But to the degree to which it was copied is absolutely ridiculous ! Please pay attention how the camera zooms in and out quickly on the Destiny ship when its shown from space. They even copied that?

Science fans dont want to see people crying for 55 minutes. Give me a god damn break. From when on does being a sci fi fan constitute being a damn pussy?

Here is an Idea Sy Fy. (You douche bags who even screwed up your channel name). Keep Your shit shows. Keep your channel. And go bankrupt because you are all worthless pricks who havent got a clue what sci fi is about.

What a waste.

Re: SGU

sgumonstrosity
Despise it!!

this isnt sci-fi its dri-fi (drama in space)
this last episode was so bad i was just waiting for it to be over already. except for a cut off sex scene (of course i didnt completely mind it, but why was it even there to begin with) and the last 5 semi hectic minutes, the rest was putting me to sleep.
what ever happened to the stargate that we all knew and loved? you know the one based around science and figuring out the problem? or decrypting and ancient language? or perhaps some military action scene? this is more like watching daytime soaps "IN SPACE" ooooooo. the only 2 characters that bring a glimmer of hope to this calamity of a dri-fi are Eli and the colonel. sure you have rush as the antagonist, but where does that leave everyone else? pretty much as fluff as far as i can tell. But of course they will be focusing on the young lovers more(sad). I was really hoping to watch another great sfi-fi in the stargate series, but instead i get "oh who's gonna sleep with who this week". calling this a disgrace would be being pleasant.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
William A. Foster
I would seriously like to meet the person that came up with the idea of making this stargate about the characters, get them into a ring, and beat the crap out of them for disgracing an institution like stargate. With a series length of Mash, and an offshoot series as well, its an institution. The original sg1 WAS about the characters, but not ONLY about the characters. You got to know the characters while watching an exciting show. One that just seamed plausible enough to seem real(usually). And humor! What happened to the ever witty banter? Not this soap opera malarkey.
And the episodes are getting worse. Which i didnt think was possible but i was wrong. in this last one they are all doomed, so they give up and wait for the end, wth? Well i for one will stand up and cheer when they give up on this monstrosity and end, IT!!

sgumonstrosity@yahoo.com

Re: SGU

sgumonstrosity
BTW stargateworld wont even post ANY negative comments on the show. And yet they have topic named "SGU: Love it or Hate it". dont they understand that even negative publicity is good publicity.

YEEEEEEEESS !!!

alien0-2

Gateworld

alien0-2

Re: Gateworld

sgumonstrosity
well unless you saw my first post in said topic ( SGU: Love it or Hate it ) word for word, then yes they definitely are screening. because i did post it on gateworld.

btw
""ReallityTV/MTVdatingshow/i sold my wife for a new flatscreen and married a whore"-audience What a load of blended crap. "
LOL awesome
"then i'm afraid i have to puke in a envelope and send it to MGM."
again awesome, and i may just do that. but ill put my return address on it to see what they send back. even though if it was fecal matter it still would be more impressive than this show! :D

and yes i forgot about the doctor, she does alright too.. her character is still in development though.

yes this is VERY much like battlestar galactica. which i never really could get into that show. again just, too much drama for me. and most people seem to have a hate to love it affair. we have enough soaps/drama tv/reality shows on tv we DO NOT need another one!
when i think of sci-fi i think of star trek, star wars, sargate sg1 & sga(alot of star whatevers huh.. :/ ), farscape(muppets in space :P), firefly (short lived but very good, watch series then movie), lost in space (hehe),Babylon 5, ect... and these are just the space sci-fi..

for gods sake if they would even work a bunch of humor into the show there would be something about it semi worth watching..

"I hope that the ratings will drop massively because thats the only language mgm will understand."
sadly you are correct. they seem to only care about the money and not about the quality of the show/continuation of the legacy that is,, or rather was,, stargate...

Re: SGU

Copenhagen
OMG you are the man!

You have done it! You have made the most badass Sci-Fi Fan site in the history of mankind!

This SGU show completely and totally makes the neurons in my brain want to beat each others ass.  I can't believe any Stargate fan of either the SG1 or SGA shows would want to accept this hodge podge of hot and sweaty BSG lets get it on like drunk monkey's in the shower baby! CRAP!

What in the hell were the writers of the past to FABULOUS SG shows thinking to make this thing?   I mean seriously?

This has got to be the most EPIC FAIL of the century and we are barley into it.

I pray that someone with enough money buys this from MGM, because they don't deserve to have it if they are going to shit on it like this.

Re: SGU

KOBE SBM
LOL! Im glad this forum is up, but one is up at KOBE Headquarters too. Their site allows photo uploads and also doesnt censor any bad words. Check it out! http://www.kobehq.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

The original teaser trailer for SGU

alien0-2

Re: Gateworld

IKnewSGUwouldSUCKwayB4
YES the rating in reality have or will soon drop to the lowest levels a TV show can be.  BUT the "sunshine and lollipops" campaign put on by MGM and SyFy for the sponsors behalf is a strong one.  They are successfully keeping up the "B.S".  Web sights like this are where reality lives..

BUT be as honest as you can be when rating this show.  There are a lot of people (SG-pU employees)  depending on this show for income to feed their families. I personally have not seen the last one "Earth" or "Dirt"  ONLY because I was not excited enough to make a conscience effort to remember when the next episode airs. I WAS going to give SG-Pu another chance but after reading the reviews tonight I decided it was time well spent to try anyway I can to smack some sense into ANYONE working with SG-pU using the internet to voice my opinion.

MY opinion
SGU has been corrupted by the greediest or greedy people in the television industry.  They are trying to turn STARGATE  into a serious cash cow by "slightly" tweaking it.  AND THEY BROKE IT!

Yes I am not good at putting my thoughts to words.  This is as close as I can get.

SG-pU sucks cold greasy anal drips.

Re: Gateworld

maunu
SGU isnt remotely like Stargate. It's worse than I expected.  I'm quite amazed at how bad it is.  Soap opera in space and not even a good soap opera. Brad Wright kept going in about how great this cast are and they are better than the last, RUBBISH.  The SGA cast were a thousand times better than this bunch.  Robert Carlyle may be a good actor but he is becoming laughable in SGU and his character is ridiculous.  All the characters are just horribly boring, I couldnt care less about any of them.  I keep hoping they will get killed off.   They can include as much action as they want but I would still hate this show because I can't stand any of its characters.  I couldnt care less what happens to any of them or what danger they find themselves in.
I find if amazing the arrogance displayed by Brad Wright and his cronies thinking Stargate fans would actually like this crap.  They showed us how lacking their writing is with the deplorable writing in season five of SGA.  Look how they treated relationships there.  Out of nowhere lover for Teyla and the Keller/McKay fiasco.  Don't these guys understand balance.  We wanted some mature relationships in SGA and not the stupid will they won't they crap but not characters banging each other in the very first episode.  And this shallow nonsense is meant to be deep and meaninigful drama and character exploration, are they serious.  Screaming and shouting at each other, horrible unlikeable characters and sex to cover up the crap writing is deep and meaningful, sigh!

They can continue to spin the crap ratings as much as they want and some of the posts on GW are just laughable now trying to make out these ratings are good.  I saw a post with someone saying that a million dollar increase for SGU episodes was just inflation, unbelievable!!

I think SGU will get a second season though even with the terrible  ratings.  The whole Franchise  is relying on SGU now and MGM are not going to cancel it with the amount of money they have put into it.  I think it will get a lot of tweaking in season two with half of the cast fired and bringing in half of the SG1 cast., and neither of those solutions will get me to watch.
Ken

Re: SGU

Ken
Right on with your comments. Same with the wife and I. Very disappointed.
bl

Re: SGU

bl
I was hoping for something interesting in SGU, unfortunately it doesn't look like it will ever deliver.

I love the ship.  But that's it.  The cast is ok I guess, but that's the best I can say about this new series and that's giving it a lot of credit it probably doesn't deserve.

The whole promise of being so far out in new territory has been a complete bust.  The only thing interesting so far was that clip at the end of the pilot of some ship taking off.  Of course they haven't touched on that since. Instead they focused the crucial first episodes on Earth stories and boring and predictable drama.

I really can't understand the love I see posted for this show on other sites.

The firefly aliens?  Really, that's supposed to be interesting? Fail.

Stranded senators daughter angst? Fail.

Earth teleconferencing?  Fail

Ripping off BSG and other shows? Fail.

Dumbing it down and sexing it up? Fail.

Delivering on the promise of new mystery in a back corner of the universe? Fail.

Unpredictable story lines? Fail.

Crew diaries? Fail.

Intriguing stories? Fail.

Everything I've seen on this show so far I feel that I've seen before and the next episode looks to be more of the same.  I really wanted this to be another worthy series in the franchise, but I can't see myself ever being excited about seeing the next episode.

Way to blow it SGU.

Re: The original teaser trailer for SGU

Atlantica
Oh I know I was just think about the Dawson's Creek parody. I love The Stargate:90210 label. I think I will call it that from now on.