SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

I need my admin/owner capabilities please!

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Overmind One wrote
Okay, our illustrious Webmaster has completed the settings necessary to provide us with the alternate forums I have been talking about for a while. The new forums are on vBulletin, and you can do a WHOLE LOT MORE stuff on it than this forum. Already in place:

The URL is http://forums.sgusucks.com

Forums, subforums, private forums, private messaging, user galleries...so much more

You can have animated avatars as well, and animated or flash signatures.

In the coming week or so, I will be adding more and more themes to the forums that are user selectable. The default vBulletin theme is blue and white, but in the LOWER RIGHT CORNER of the forum home page  is a pulldown which will allow you to select a variety of themes (looks). You can choose the one you like as the default. I chose the SGUS Armada theme (very Goa'uld looking!)

I need to create some unique graphics and could use some help if possible.

Also, which banner is going to adorn the top? I think that "F" is in the lead so far.

@ Atlantis4Life - expect an email from me soon with FTP settings and the usernames/passwords for the control panel on my server. Once you have registered on the new forums, I will make you an Administrator so you can access the forums control panel.

We are almost there!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Illustrious Webmaster indeed!  And, you too Kobe!!!  I'm signing up now.  The themes option sounds great.  I'm still reading up on vBulletin, but I did the demo.  Looking for your email soon, and hey, did you get mine?  I just sent it a couple of hours ago.  Cheers to the new site.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
I need my admin/owner capabilities please!

Should I wait to register until you get yours?  Perhaps, I should wait until tomorrow, then...

UPDATE:

Oh, nevermind.  I just re-read Kobe's post.  It looks like I'm going to need his email first.  Cheers guys.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Is this site shutting down then? I like this new one, much more organized, I'm Mitchell's kid there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Eventually yes this forum will be replaced by the new forum. However the website www.sgusucks.com is NOT going anywhere.

lol...the sub-catergory "the good things about SGU"...none..maybe the shiny effects but those don't tell a good story.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Overmind One wrote
SGU_Sucks_Webmaster wrote
I need my admin/owner capabilities please!
You have them! I just made you a Super Admin and I left a private message for you. WOW...private message?

Okay, I'm registered, Kobe.  Time to make me an Admin.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Insomnium
Is there a certain amount of time I should wait for until i receive the email verification?

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Atlantis4Life
This is GREAT!  I am loving the new features.  I've already added my avatar and sig, and requested you guys as friends.  Sweet!!!

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Atlantis4Life
Overmind One wrote
Atlantis4Life wrote
This is GREAT!  I am loving the new features.  I've already added my avatar and sig, and requested you guys as friends.  Sweet!!!
I have sent instructions to the Webmaster on how to embed the new forums into this page where we already are. Removing the vBulletin logo will make it fit onto this page nicely, and it works perfectly!

NOW...to migrate the posts . I will start the RSS feeds to transfer the existing posts. But Im not sure how many it can handle. Working on it now!

That is so cool!  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  I'm going to start working on the discussion threads in that part of the forum.  I'm so psyched about this that I can tell I'm going to be up for awhile just checking out all of the great new features that we have, and how we can use them.  I see you made a place for my Mallozzi Updates and More thread.  Great.

But you're gonna have to tell me what these lounges are for.  Sort of like chat rooms based on rank?

And, good luck with the rss feeds.  I figured that would be a chore.

You should receive it instantly.
Nope, still nothing....

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Re: SUCCESS! The SGUsucks alternate forums have been created. Everyone needs to register there.

Insomnium
that did it! thanks!
12