Servers Down - Again...

Hey Everybody,

I was in the middle of chatting with Overmind in the forum, and the servers just went down all of a sudden.

So, I guess we're back at this forum again for now.  I'm checking with OM1 right now.

Cheers,

Atlantis.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Just e-mailed him as well. I am off on vacation now until next weekend so hopefully it will be back up by then.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

TX
Hopefully this time no old comments will be lost and the forum will be soon working again.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

STCLARE
Damn it ive just got back from my weekend away and now cant catch up!

Are we being targeted by viruses or something? its just every 2/3 months the site is down? hopefully it wull be back soon.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
WTF??? I could have sworn, that I was reading and replying to threads on the Real Forum just Yesterday, after coming back from Toronto. I even remember replying to a thread that was talking about what was wrong with SGU and there were point form reasons. For Example:
1. How come SGU has FTL when it was not on the canon (Or words to that effect)

I answered (Smart ass), because the Fish Aliens held the Patent for RFF Drive (Really Fuckin Fast)

2. How Come the Ancient Tech aboard Was never Mentioned in other shows?

My Answer, It wasn't Ancient Then, It Was Bleedin Edge Modern at that time.

So Unless I was Totally wasted Between 1200hrs and 2100 hrs On Sunday EST, How and where did I get access to the forums from? No freakin way I could have imagined that!!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
I kept going back and Forth between the Forum and Facebook. I was Farming Weed in Farmville, and Selling it via my network of Street Thugs Via Mafia Wars.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
sheeesh yet again!  oh well atleast these forums are still here...

US0 you have me laughing...I can't find the "weed" seeds on farmville! :P

Re: Servers Down - Again...

JACKS
Not this shit again
"Dr. Chandra?...Will I dream?" - HAL 9000
"Anna Mae Bullock do you hear me woman!" - Ike Turner

Re: Servers Down - Again...

iratecaller
Bummer. There goes the lunch break.
I'll blame the outage on Mallozzi.
Seems that I blame him for everything now. LOL

Hopefully we won't loose the summer's post padding especially since SG-PU 2.0 is on the horizon.

We've already lost a treasure trove of posts.

It'll be nice to have a highly trafficed, heavily posted-to site once SGU-PU goes back on the air.

T.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

iratecaller

The machine that hosts the forum is some type of Verizon DSL account.
The machine (forums.sgusucks.com / 71.165.70.91) isn't responding to any type of request. (HTTP , ping )

I wouldn't worry too much. Overmind and the gang will get it working.

Could be a power outage,  a yanked LAN cable, LAN card on the fritz or an account issue with the provider.
.. and if it's a Windows server .. well .. hehe .. it could be frozen. LOL.

OR

What's more likely is that Mallozzi hired a gang of masked geeks and pulled a "Ocean's Eleven" on the forum server.

I'm pretty sure the later is true.

Mallozzi!!!!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
I Tell ya, i got in again, These are the people on right now:

There are currently 10 users online. 5 members and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 139, 2 Weeks Ago at 10:15 PM.

US06154,Insomnium,Omnipotent,Overmind One+,The Doctor,

Going back to What i posted Yesterday:
Blunders:

Some answers..
 Originally Posted by agent509
sorry if I include someone elses post already!

First off, Destiny itself is one, big, giant inconsestency and blunder. I'll go over the major issues i found
1.The design is not. ancient. Not even close, it reminds me nothing of anything ancient i've ever seen?
2.What happened to the drones? Why isn't destiny equipped with drones?
3.Why does the ship require some password to use, when atlantis required the ancient gene?
4.Why does destiny use some fancy FTL drive rather than hyperspace, when no other ancient technology uses such a thing?
5. Rush said 'this could be the most important discovery since the stargate itself' my question is, why? what the heck, is so special about this ship, that it's more important than the stargate? it's ancient, and it's way, way, way older than atlantis, meaning atlantis would have all the latest knowledge and technology of the ancients, and Destiny would be the old vintage technology. What makes it so special!?

that's what i came up with for the ship, then I have one other inconsistency. This was probably thrown in as a last resort at the end of season 1 to get more people to stick around for season two and to bring in more action.

The Lucian Alliance invasion.

Why in the world, would the Lucian alliance EVER want to take over destiny. Because they had a contact on the inside (Telford), they would know that the ship would never be of any use to them because it's millions of years away (or hundreds of thousands, whichever.  ). They would also know there is no way back, and they have absolutely nothing to gain by going there, except death. Why would they ever want to go there?

------------------------------ These are my Answers --------------
1. Actually the design wasn't ancient when it was built, it was bleedin' edge modern.
2. The drones were spent shooting at asteroids, when Destiny was bored and wanted to amuse herself
3. Although they had figured out interstellar travel, they were blissfuly unaware of genes, and the Ancient genome wasn't even mapped.
4. They were using the FTL drive because those fish aliens held the patent rights for the RFF (Really Fuckin' Fast) Drive
5. Rush was thrilled and called it 'the most important discovery since the stargate itself" because the only things HE had ever found was 64 cents under the sofa and and some bottle caps while beach-combing.

There all questions are now answered

After that, I posted this:

we know according to this incarnation of Stargate Written by Pinky and the Brain, that the communication stones are required to msn back and forth with the crew and a base elsewhere. Okay , let's say LA grabs the ship, but there's no fuckin way of turning this bad girl around. So how do they contact THEIR peeps back on Lucian Alliance country? Call Stargate command and kindly ask them to relay a message to the LA honchos? Oh Wait, They have Their own Ouija board.. but then, there's a fly in that ointment, how come LA never body-swap-sneak-peak inside the ship before? I know, I know, so as to not tip the hand... The plot holing continues..

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
Site is Back up again.. posting back to normal....Yeeehawww

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Robbie_Rocket_Pants
Okay, I was in the middle of posting & now I can't get to the forum, looks like the server may be down again.  Hopefully not for long.
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall............... Mr Mallozzi.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Okay, so it looks like the servers are down again.  I'll contact Overmind and ask about if he's not already on it.

I've heard back from Overmind, and there are some issues with his Verizon service that are being resolved.  The vB forum will go in and out over the next day.  It should be fixed by tomorrow.

Cheers.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
not sure if it's just me...but I can't get into the forums again... :(

Re: Servers Down - Again...

TX
Rac80 wrote
not sure if it's just me...but I can't get into the forums again... :(
I have the same problem.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

JACKS
Same here I'm in desperate need of the facts!
"Dr. Chandra?...Will I dream?" - HAL 9000
"Anna Mae Bullock do you hear me woman!" - Ike Turner

Re: Servers Down - Again...

The forum has been down for hours. I have e-mailed Overmind but still no reply so far. This is bloody frustrating

Re: Servers Down - Again...

TX
Is the main forum not working correctly, because too many people wanted to see the sub million ratings?

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Looks like the forum is down again.  If it's not up later, then I'll contact OM about it.

Cheers.