Servers Down - Again...

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
thanks my friend.  I am screenshotting gw for a new thread...;)

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Tropicana
AH cool, thanks A4L.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
I texted OM1 aound 1300hrs EST. hope he got it.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
starting to get the shakes from withdrawal here...rac in withdrawal isn't pretty! :P

Re: Servers Down - Again...

TX
Read comment number 32 from Squall!

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showtopic=2352641&st=20

Another proof that people hate the soap aspects of SGU!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Insomnium
Agh, poopie....

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154 wrote
I texted OM1 aound 1300hrs EST. hope he got it.
He should have known immediately that the forum was down because we were PMing each other back and forth when the thing went down.  He'd just sent me a PM literally 2-3 minutes before everything crashed.  That's why I didn't say anything to him right away because I expected that he'd notify us and not the other way around.

He said that he had an additional mirror backup through a reliable web-hosting company that would take care of making situations like this not happen again in case something happened to his servers again.  So, I don't know what the deal is.  It's been almost 14 hours.

Anyhoo, I haven't heard back from him yet, but I'm sure he's working on it.

Cheers.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Tropicana
Crazy!!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Tropicana
Well that was rather short-lived, I got to post one message before it timed out on me again.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
at least you got on! no sgus for rac and rac isn't happy!! see I'm even talking about myself in the third person!!!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154
Talking to yourself is perfectly allright. Infact it's therapeutic.  But as soon as you talk back, or answer, then you know you've gone barking insane.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

iratecaller
My god, i missed so much since last week!!!!

So here I am searching for "SGU Cancelled" on google, as I usually do on Monday mornings ... and THERE IT WAS!!!  I spilled my coffee trying to type in sgusucks.com in the address bar. After a rather quick cleanup .. i tried again .. and .. "Womp womp" , forum down. My pulse if finally crashing back down to earth.

Hopefully OM won't have to resort to restoring a backup, that'd be pretty nasty.

We've got a nice community here, hopefully it's history is intact.

Crossing fingers!!!!!!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

US06154 wrote
Talking to yourself is perfectly allright. Infact it's therapeutic.  But as soon as you talk back, or answer, then you know you've gone barking insane.
nope the barking mad part is when you lose an argument to yourself!

Ok since this is STILL down I must go and wrap christmas presents, just when I didn't want to do anything USEFUL!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Tropicana
Rac80 wrote
nope the barking mad part is when you lose an argument to yourself!

Ok since this is STILL down I must go and wrap christmas presents, just when I didn't want to do anything USEFUL!
Awww, RL is such an inconvenience, lol.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Rac80
sure is from time to time. I actually have all the gifts bought - got them the day after thansgiving, jsut been too lazy to wrap them!

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Hey guys I just sent OM1 another text. Sent it at 2:45 est. If I don't hear back by tonight I will try calling him.

Re: Servers Down - Again...

gatefan 1976
Hmmm
OM1's business website is down as well....
Starting to get a bit worried about the guy.
Anyone else got any news?

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Tropicana
OM1 did state that Verizon has been screwing him for years now, so unsure what is going on between him and Verizon; or if Verizon really is that incompetent.

Should someone create a new interim basic (and free) backup SGU°S website to replace nabble in times that the server for the main one is down?

Re: Servers Down - Again...

gatefan 1976
Well, I'm not sure where the web based stuff for his work is housed, weather its on a seperate host or on the save server as the forum. If it is a purely software based problem, OM1 would have cleared it up by now (for sure) So it's either a hardware issue, an outside connection issue or something else. A4L, Webmaster, any news yet?

Re: Servers Down - Again...

Atlantis4Life
gatefan 1976 wrote
Well, I'm not sure where the web based stuff for his work is housed, weather its on a seperate host or on the save server as the forum. If it is a purely software based problem, OM1 would have cleared it up by now (for sure) So it's either a hardware issue, an outside connection issue or something else. A4L, Webmaster, any news yet?
His business website is back up if it was down, and he told the Webmaster that the vB forum should be back up in about 4 hours.  So, that's good news.  I didn't ask if the issue was Verizon or not.  I'm sure he'll tell us once the forum comes back up.

Cheers.