Sorry Everyone

I though we could trust victor. Turns out he is an ass that and tried to split us apart and take us down.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Mitchelluva
*faints*
God this night has been a crazy roller coaster. I won't participate in this whole blaming circle, just that I was devastated when I was reading that thread and pressed reply at the whole thing was gone. I don't mind if all of are stuff gets deleted or that we're basically nomadic, whats important is that we stick together and we keep our voices loud and proud.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Mitchelluva
damn, this means I have to get my ass moving and work on that paper.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Vanb
I'm not completely familiar with everyone.  Who was Victor?  Was he the one talking all that smack about "Overmind isn't professional" or some such when you first got the fake e-mail from the not-Overmind?

Re: Sorry Everyone

Mitchelluva
Victor I think was the technician on the other site as well as Victor the guy with the Selmak avi. So yes.

Re: Sorry Everyone

There should be plenty to write about in the paper after this debacle. I have family over for the weekend but should have time next week if you need an article writing.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Insomnium
Yeah, Color me confused to hell n' back over what just happened over the last 3 days....

Re: Sorry Everyone

Insomnium
Yeah, Writing an article about this should make for a more interesting drama than SGU ever hoped to be....

Re: Sorry Everyone

Rac80
pretty sad that the forum drama is more interesting than sgpoo! atleast this time I have everything saved (rabid fans list & etc.) so it can be added to a new forum.

Re: Sorry Everyone

I think Piggypoo and I kinda suspected this, when we responded to Vi-ktor's post on the 30th of June, in the thread: Update, update, update!!!!.

He Responded to me via email:

-----------
No, it is not unfair! Just have a look around and see where Overmind One left us without 1 single line from him in over 2 weeks! This is the point of my criticism, not if his server is down, not working, stolen or whatever! Posting a short message explaining the situation would have taken no longer than 1 to 2 minutes. This absense of Overmind after the 'forums down' makes him appear rather unreliable. No, I didn't judge - I simply checked out the IP address which points to a private internet connection on a Verizon DSL line. Come to your own conclusions!

About 'kindness of the heart':I know that you're not aware of the full story, so, here a little bit of an update:2 days after the new forums went down again, I offered the SGU Sucks Webmaster to buy and pay for real webhosting - all out of the kindness of my heart! I offered to set up a new forum, either SMF or phpBB, transfer this old boards into it and - if Overmind One ever would show up again - integrate as well the other threads from the new forums. In addition, I also offered to transfer the entire new webhosting package over to the SGU Sucks webmaster for free, so, he would have been the rightfull owner. In fact, I requested that I would be not more than a user in the new boards and that I would'nt have much interest of being an administrator. I surely would have assisted with technical issues or modifying the forum script but not more.

All the above I discussed with Atlantis4Life. He was the one asking the SGU Sucks webmaster. I even set up 2 demo forums for Atlantis4Live to play around with (one SMF, the other phpBB). The SGU Sucks Webmaster has yet to come back to me about this - I haven't heart a thing from him. Either he was simply ignoring my offer or Atlantis4Life didn't relay it. Either way, I guess I will never know. It seems like the SGU Sucks management have problems with communication. Victor

-------
Okay... I don't really give a rat's ass (and that's the honest truth), who's to blame or who's at fault, or why we are like babies, and get our candy stolen. As I may have mentioned before, Post counts matters zero to me. As long as i have my soap box, i will step on it, and declare that SGU is a steaming pile of crap. This is just a stumbling block Mi Amigos, compadres, & muchachos. During my 24yrs in IT, I've had half baked schemes forced on me to implement. but WTH, it's just half the fun to laugh my ass off when it's an epic fail.

Let's start again, like the phoenix. Just being online and having the site live is a thorn in the TPTB's side. It's hard to keep a good thing down. If we want this to succeed, (And Dammit, I am committed to make it succeed), let's keep the communications open. it doesn't have to be a democracy, but atleast the collective effort can thwart any subversions the TPTB are cooking up. I hope everyone realizes that these people are trying to break our spirit, and break tear us apart. isn't it amazing? just a tad over 100 people causing absolute chaos with a TV show? This is one for the books...

At the end of the day, I come here to exchange thoughts of how bad SGU is, have a bit of banter with my friends, get updates on what those fuckers at syfylis and bridge studios are concocting.

Long Live SGA, and Long live sgusucks.com!!!

Re: Sorry Everyone

Rac80
Great phoenix analogy USO, we will be back bigger and badder than ever so look out sgpuu.... season two is coming and WE WILL BE READY!!!

Re: Sorry Everyone

Danni
Rac80 wrote
pretty sad that the forum drama is more interesting than sgpoo! atleast this time I have everything saved (rabid fans list & etc.) so it can be added to a new forum.
Just in case anyone missed it, Victors forum is still up and anyone can secure/copy/backup their posts from it:

http://174.120.171.58/~sgusucks/forums/

BTW, i think, personally, we officially turned into Gateworld now.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Rac80
thanks for the linky, but I had saved all of the stuff I wanted already.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! we are not gw...we are united in our hate of SGU!

edit- doesn't matter the forum..I still can't type worth a pig's foot!

Re: Sorry Everyone

Danni
Rac80 wrote
thanks for the linky, but I had saved all of the stuff I wanted already.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! we are not gw...we are united in our hate of SGU!

edit- doesn't matter the forum..I still can't type worth a pig's foot!
and they are united in their love for it. the point was that we were a more HONES, better community/platform than the bunch of censorfreaks in reich gateworld.

and now what?

Re: Sorry Everyone

Rac80
we may fight amongst ourselves, but honestly i haven't seen anyone censoring anyone's opinion of sgupoo or saying they MUST despise it to the nth degree.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Danni

Rac80 wrote
we may fight amongst ourselves, but honestly i haven't seen anyone censoring anyone's opinion of sgupoo or saying they MUST despise it to the nth degree.
overmind yesterday removed victors post from his own forum, so...yeah.

Even if it had the best intentions, and im STILL give him the benefit of the doubt, hacking a forum to "return it to the rightful owner", like he claimed, was just wrong (especially since the rightful owner was Victor).

Posting impersonation emails was also wrong, no matter which one of the admins did it.
How can you trust anyones word here then?

If people are able to go this far, nothing is sacred. That is my point.
I might be overly paranoid, but ffs, those emails screens i posted were pretty damn hardcore threats.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Joelist
I'm just glad we have a forum up right now. Yesterday when the blowup occured I was going to offer to put a forum up myself, using a professional forum host (I use one for the forum i currently own and operate and they do a very good job).

Really, I think it may be time for a clean slate - everyone agrees to forget the past and we move forward. Sort of a blanket pardon.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Mitchelluva
haha, same here, I was gonna start one on freeforums though, just a place to rendezvous. But seriously, we need backups and loads of them in case it goes down so we stay in contact.

Pig, do you think you can right this whole thing, I'm still in the dark for the most part about it.

Re: Sorry Everyone

Re: Sorry Everyone