Stargate Resistance

Is it just me or does SGR look kinda like Halo?

It does to me at least, from this trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACFkak9zZEU&feature=player_embedded

Re: Stargate Resistance

Leo(T.C.K.)
That game sucks according to many sources and it looks like so. Very uninteresting gameplay and almost nothing of value, it had been done on Unreal Engine 3 yet the models look like if they were done on uengine 2 and done very amateurishly.
And as for Halo, maybe, but I loathe Halo. Most overrated PC gaming series ever, only gained popularity because of consoles and Microsoft campaign and its advertisements and because most of the Halo players played nothing else and know nothing about computer games at all.
I have had gone to fights abiut this, and I think of Halo as simmilar crap like SGU. There was nothing original in Halo, it was all only over popularization and simplifications if things already invented, they didn't know what game to create, whether RTS TPS OR FPS and they went in that order in developement and the only reason they swithed to FPS was beacuse these moron developers couldn't figure out how to make proper third person view and not make it clipping geometry.
And if someone is gonna argue with numbers, just like numbers say that SGU sucks, you have to take account that gaming is something different than TV broadcast, people have to buy the game, they don't play game on TV like basis, I mean that they can try playing eevry game they want like if you order TV broadcast and choose the shows from. Of course even better is not following TV, but if you want to catch premieres etc it is something else....
So actually those numbers mean nothing in gaming, because game was sucessfull doesn't mean it had to be good, it is all in money and because Halo is very mainstream crap. I had even my problems with games like half life etc, although they are not bad as Halo and also.....the disaster of FPS, called Daikatana, or how they call it is nowhere bad as Halo as well. In fact it just got through a shitty developement phase and the game was buggy. But seriously, you have to think while playing this game and acknowlege what it was trying to do, there are very few people who understand it, also it is incredibly hilarious, the Superfly Johnon's lines always crack me up. The game was also incredibly hard, well not that hard for a hardcore FPS player who plays always on nightmare difficulties like me (I am not truly "hardcore" but I am not far from it), in fact its difficulty is equal to difficulty of some game expansion packs, which are targeted usually for players who are already familiar with the games or for more hardcore gamers.
Also I believe I do understand game design and I do have experience in making games and game mods, however not professionally.

On the other hand, the nintendo 64 version of Daikatana is pretty much like Halo, slowed down gameplay, easy enemies to kill, slopped geometry, copypaste corridors, hell it looks like just Bungie copied that off, because they thought that's the way to make level design. I mean I am currently trying to play Daikatana 64 and I really loathe some of the level design there, it was not done by same company as well. The game was just really poorly executed, it had some nice ideas, which I beleive some were from unreleased beta and alpha versions of Daikatana which I even got to play(three or four of them in fact).

Re: Stargate Resistance

Mr. Sparkle
They gave the IP to a conman who ran a pyramid scheme amongst other things, what could possibly go wrong?  It's not like a videogame based on the Stargate franchise could have been successful and paid some of the bills over at MGM or anything.