Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

SGU Sucks
Syfy is obviously self destructing with SGU.

But what is even more pathetic is the people Who try to defend this piece of garbage.

Across the internet, in about every 10 posts where people simply say the truth that SGU sucks,
1 idiot will come along and say SGU is good, because apparently "SGU is different from SG1/SGA".

Look, morons, imagine this:
1. A new Coca Cola that uses salt instead of sugar.
2. A new Mission Impossible movie with no mission.
3. A new 007 movie with no 007.

These 1 in 10 idiots will be the same idiots who'll argue "salty Coke is good because I use salt for my
chicken","not everyone likes sugar", "it's still coke because it has water in it".

These morons simply doesn't understand one simple fact - If Coke is salty then it isn't Coke anymore.

Same goes with SGU, if you replace all the fun/purpose/action/adventure with depression/lost/gay&lesbians drama, then SGU simply isn't part of StarGate. Stop being a loser and argue about dictionary definitions on what is SG what isn't, what is SciFi and what isn't.

Once this simple fact is understood, we can move on to exactly why SGU simply fails on all counts.

SGU sucks as a drama because of 1 simple reason - The writers lack the skills to make viewers care about the characters.

I thought Defying Gravity was bad until I watched SGU. That's when I realized while I found DG piss boring, atleast I cared about some of the characters in DG.

The writers of SGU sucks and they know it, the signs are everywhere, they are so inscure about their lame space drama writing skills, they have to invent this "jump the shark/nuke the fridge" stone device that allow them to go back to the only thing they know how to write - Earth love/hate relationships.

That they had to hijack the SG brand, because deep inside they know they lack the quality to make a good drama series that can stand on its own.

I am done with SGU, hopefully someone who understands SciFi will come up with a proper alternative soon.

-Spaceman13

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

alien0-2

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

Electronic M.C.
 Yes i agree its like Levi's coming out with a new style of silk jeans to imitate the current trends. It simply would not be successful because people expect certain things from their favorite brands, & like it or not the same thing applies to the SG Brand. Add my blog SGU Sucks http://SGUSucks.blogspot.com because after all SGU SUCKS right http://lightspeedthealbum.com

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

GetMallozziFired
This author removed his/her Nabble account.

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

Will
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

Will
Your coca cola analogy inspired me...I've expanded it a bit as I think what they've done with SGU is even worse than simply producing salty coke.

Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Coke Cherry, Coke Vanilla, Coke Lemon etc are all different drinking experiences, but each one is still "Coca Cola" in that it is a dark coloured, sweetened, carbonated beverage with an underlying cola taste. To me, the reaction to SGU is similar to the reaction I could picture if Coca Cola were to release a new drink called "Coca Cola 2010" which turned out to be a savoury, red-coloured, uncarbonated, herby tomato juice. Not only would it bear no resemblance to Coca Cola other than being a drink, it would also target a completely different market and be such a contrast as to be totally unappealing to most Coca Cola drinkers (who drink coke because they like sweet fizzy drinks, not flat savoury ones). Further, imagine that prior to its release, they had discontinued the existing Coca Cola lines in favour of this new Coca Cola 2010. How would Coca Cola drinkers feel? Pretty much how we feel as SG fans. Let down and betrayed.

Stargate viewers want action, adventure, aliens, cool storylines etc (fizzy sweet drink) not soppy-ass earth-based who's-cheating-on-who soap drama (herby tomato juice). Calling this crap "Stargate" is just absurd.

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

alien0-2

Re: Stargate Universe sucks and they know it

This Site blows
Another thread of Idiocracy. Many people like myself who aren't complete doofi(plural of doofus) aka: the people who like SGU will come and take this site to hell.

Thank you