Stargate movies by Dean devlin

AdamG
First time poster here. But outraged SGU viewer. Ill spare people my rant of how i dont like SGU because its pretty much summed up here anyway. I remember back a year ago when Dean devlin and the roland emmerlich crew were talking about doing two stargate movies to make a trilogy. I remeber being outraged because I loved atlantis and SG1 and there was no reason to do the movies except for cashing in. But on second thought, could those two movies be better than SGU? and would it be such a bad idea making them?., would it take the stargate theme back to its roots anyway(which to me is why i dont like SGU)? I still didnt like the idea of ignoring the series in the movies, but Im more open to this now....If it were to stop SGU from being made that is (would it even do that though?). Id rather something make tribute to the series than slowly introduce poision to the franchise. So i guess ill post a few broad questions to others, Are the original creaters of stargate the movie still planning on going ahead with trying to make their planned trilogy? And is it just me who is more receptive to the idea of feature full lengthed films by the original creators of the franchise rather than this SG U thing?

Re: Stargate movies by Dean devlin

Atlantis4Life
Welcome AdamG!

Sorry I'm late saying this, but I've been a little busy.  Nevermind that, though.  Welcome, all the same.  It's nice to have a new commenter added to the group.

New Stargate movies that don't have our beloved Atlantis and SG-1 actors in them...Hmmm?  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  However, those movies would be better than SGU.  That's not necessarily saying much, though.  The Bachelor and Young & the Restless are better than SGU.  I don't think those movies would stop SGU being made, but they don't need to.  SGU has self-destructed just fine all by itself.

As to your other questions, I'm not sure.  My desire is an Atlantis movie since they won't bring back the series, and I wouldn't mind an SG-1 movie as well.  On the other hand, when I look at the current trend in writing for the Stargate we love (the last 2 years of Atlantis and SGUndo it - Please!), I am inclined to not want anything until I can have some belief that the writing for Extinction and Revolution will be at least decent if not good.

Re: Stargate movies by Dean devlin

AdamG
Thanks for the welcome. It would be hard to see anyone else play jack and daniel. And for that matter not involving atlantis in the mix. I guess part of my heart just wants to see them stop their damage to the franchise with this weird thing they call sgu.

For the planned wright-mallozi films;
Im absolutely petrified of the mallozi quote that their will be tragedy in the atlantis movie.... I`ve got a bad feelin about this one. As for the SG-1 movie no doubt theyll probably just remake another episode for blue ray or something, I doubt we will see the film anytime soon. Though to be honest I fell asleep wathcing the childern of the gods remake mostly cause i saw the original too many times and this was pretty simillar. Though still better than the SGU pilot in my opinion.

Re: Stargate movies by Dean devlin

Atlantis4Life
I guess part of my heart just wants to see them stop their damage to the franchise with this weird thing they call sgu.

You and everybody else, AdamG.  You, and everybody else.   These guys don't know what they're doing anymore, and that's sad.  Things have gone so wrong with the franchise these last couple of years to the point where they've almost made their past successes seem like strokes of hapless luck instead of anything they'd actually planned and thought about.

I'm not sure about Revolution and Extinction either.  We'll see.
                                                      Bring Atlantis Back!!!