Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Spaceman XIII
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/02/stargate-video-game-developer-files-for-bankruptcy/

The story of the studio behind the new Stargate PC game Stargate: Resistance and the highly anticipated MMO Stargate Worlds has taken another downturn.  Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on February 12.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Spaceman XIII
Overmind One wrote
JUST DESSERTS! I love it when arrogant assholes get beat down in full view of those they dissed. MC Hammer and Michael Richards come to mind. LOL

Yes, and many share your joy

Golden comments:

      Let’s see:

      The game developers file for bankruptcy.
      MGM is up for sale.
      All the props are being auctioned off.
      Michael Shanks talked about no more movies.
      SGU discs are being sold for outrageous prices which means a hard sell.

      Sounds like the end of the franchise to me…

      gkarris | February 20 @ 11:39 pm

      This francise is just falling like dominos, isn’t? If TPTB had only listedn to the fans, notable those of SGA, perhapes this wouldn’t have happened.

      rsharpe | February 21 @ 12:36 am

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

and so it begins. Is that the sound of the grim reaper sharpening his scythe?

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

hehehee, What???? Didn't they try to * sell * the DEMO version of the game to make money? what happens to the poor shmucks who coughed up their 2 bits???

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Well no surprise there, the game is SHIT, i make a pretty good point about it  here.

Its 15$ on steam, which is STILL overpriced for this kind of garbage, id rather get Trine or Monkey Island for that kind of money.

It might have sold for 5-10$ as a cheap mini-game.

The best quote from that thread is #19

"Re: Who will be playing Stargate Resistance?

oh man if the hardcore gater here doesnt wanna play it then who the fuck will?"

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

I rather have the franchise fail, than let it turn into an abomination like they did with SGU or Star Trek 2009.

Its like that Ripley-Clone in Alien 4, it just screams "KILL ME!!"

Seriously, the incompetence of MGM knows no bounds. I established this thought here if someone cares: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?72953-Who-will-be-playing-Stargate-Resistance&p=11240177&viewfull=1#post11240177

I remember in 2007 when the first news about ST 2009 started pouring in i said to a friend

"This movie can't fail, the ST cannon is so well developed with tie ins from different movies/series, official timelines, tech-manuals and expanded universe books.

Its not possible to fuck this one up, how hard can it be, they just need to stick to the official timeline and whats been said on TOS and the movies."

And then in 2009 I cried delicious fanboy tears.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Spaceman XIII
AdamTM wrote
I rather have the franchise fail, than let it turn into an abomination like they did with SGU or Star Trek 2009.

Its like that Ripley-Clone in Alien 4, it just screams "KILL ME!!"

Seriously, the incompetence of MGM knows no bounds. I established this thought here if someone cares: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?72953-Who-will-be-playing-Stargate-Resistance&p=11240177&viewfull=1#post11240177

I remember in 2007 when the first news about ST 2009 started pouring in i said to a friend

"This movie can't fail, the ST cannon is so well developed with tie ins from different movies/series, official timelines, tech-manuals and expanded universe books.

Its not possible to fuck this one up, how hard can it be, they just need to stick to the official timeline and whats been said on TOS and the movies."

And then in 2009 I cried delicious fanboy tears.

It's good to see someone fighting the trench war over there at the gateworld forum.

The comments section is ok but the forum over there is INFESTED with heavy censoring ass licking boy scouts.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Thats me, after im done with the site

Leo(T.C.K.)
Actually I preferred Alien 4 over the third one and afaik, it had a lot of deleted scenes and stuff. It was dumb, sure, but I liked it more than the drama stuff in Alien 3, of course even Alien 3 is better than the drama in SGU.

[...]

Well, again we will lock horns over Star Trek, since it was wildly successful with original Star Trek fans and picked up quite a few new ones as well. Also, the only "fail" in the Star Trek franchise has been Enterprise, and that still was nowhere near the suck-factor of Stargate Universe. The two franchises are not in the same league. Stargate is to Star Trek as the original Battlestar Galactica (1970s) was to Star Wars...a much lower budget, lesser journalistic knockoff. Star Trek will make BILLIONS more dollars in the next 10 years from this successful reboot. It will add that to the other BILLIONS it has already earned over the last 30 years. I appreciate your commenta, but they are just your opinions, and they dont seem to be backed by reviews and fan reaction (in general). Certainly not like the civil war going on in the Stargate universe of things.

They didnt "fuck it up". They saved it from death, and in a very big way!

As far as Aliens 4 (Resurrection), it was so far gone at that point that it threatened to cheese up the movies before it. Predator was going in that direction with the Predator/Aliens theme. But real fuckups include: Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, the new Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Universe, Caprica, Defying Gravity (sorry, but that was just Grey's Anatomy in space).

I would rather see Stargate as it exists on SyFy just die for a few years, until somebody with vision picks up the rights and makes a sequel to the original movie, which can then be used to spark a new set of series in a new package. Its the writers which have gotten stale, not the concept or the show.
Oh yes i agree, im not disputing the impact the movie had on the franchise, its just my honest opinion that the movie was not very good. And im certainly aware im pretty alone in that opinion.

Also i need to disagree on neoBSG, i found it decent enough, not as good as the praise on the net touts it around as the non plus ultra in SF television, but it was mostly OK. Not a fuck up in my sense.

Btw, what about the Dr.Who reboot, i only got into it with the new series, just started to rewatch some of the old stuff so im not a core fan or anything, but i though they did a very good job on it. But thats ofc from a new viewer perspective.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Having grown up watching Dr Who when he was played by John Pertwee and Tom Baker I am of the oppinion that the newer stuff is not as good because it is camp and not as dark as it used to be. It feels strange saying that because that is the complete opposite to how I feel about SGU. Maybe I am just resisiant to change and stuck in my ways?

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Insomnium
Meh, never did like MMOs, too players being jerks.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Insomnium
Yeah, I prefer RPGs myself, though I can appreciate a good 'ol FPS as well!

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Mitchelluva
Is stargate worlds being canceled then or are they just gonna finish that up? I was actually gonna buy that to see how that went.

Re: Stargate video game developer files for bankruptcy

Leo(T.C.K.)
Maybe it will be the next Duke Nukem Forever...the devlopement will go over 10 years and to the point of it claiming to be cancelled, while it is not and then it is again and and....