Syfy.com forum post backup

SGU Sucks
This thread is to store posts from Syfy forum before they get silently deleted.
Due to the massive negative feed back, Syfy is now deleting whole thread
instead of deleting each post.
http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2339157&st=40

Krewel

If I endured the religious nutcases in BSG, then I will endure SGU. So far it's been one major disappointment after another. The main concern, as always, is that this SGU thingy is the discontinuation of the franchise. It draws on a crowd that cares nothing for either SG or Sci Fi, thus we have predictable plots, uninteresting stories and way too much focus on the internal demons of characters. It's been four episodes and I feel like I watched only 1/3 of the SG1 pilot, that's how little activity there is. Even though there's lots of focus on characters and the interrelationships, nothing major so far has been revealed and advanced. It seems as if the show is more focused on obscuring not only the sci fi elements of the SG franchise, but also the development and progression of characters. I feel like I'm watching a show that displays people trapped in veritable hell - nothing is happening either from within or without, characters are static and so are the surroundings.

Well, in the end, it's all about how the show makes you feel when you watch it and I feel quite down when watching SGU, and that is totally unprecedented for an SG show. I mean, when Earth was threatened in SG1 or when the Wraith almost conquered Atlantis, I had none of the dark feelings I have when watching SGU.

Re: Syfy.com forum post backup

SGU Sucks

http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=2339157&view=findpost&p=6667263

nebariscaper
Post #947
Group: Full Members
Joined: 30-March 05

Stargate Universe is worse than I expected, it is boring. The characters are on the whole so dull that even a character like Ronan from SG Atlantis looks interesting by comparison. This is not meant as a slap in the face to the actors. Actors can only work with what they are given and that appears to be precious little. People on this thread have compared this show to BSG but that is an insult to BSG. It is not even as good as Voyager or Enterprise was in the Trek franchise. I'll still tune in as I am hoping they will tweak it enough to be OK. Though I don't like him at least Dr Rush has some promise to be interesting and Eli Blue might mature into something interesting as well...for the rest of them *sigh* I wouldn't want to be the writer or the actor to try to turn them into something that makes you remember to tune in.